Australian Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 176 comments
  • 11,421 views
another thing people have neglected to mention is Australia's own Mazda MX5 SP Turbo that was produced a few years back.

It is more powerful then Mazda's in-house MX5 turbo (121kw vs 150kw).

The MX5 SP was an official model by Mazda Australia :)

It was never available anywhere else in the world

Does anyone remember this car?
 
yep i remember the SP, read an article on it in a magazine, sounded the goods. not an mx5 fan myself though.
 
Don't know if this has already been mentioned but the FPV GT and F6 typhoon are on the359's expected cars list. They're in red though (photographed at a polyphony testing day), o well here's hoping.

OT. No sign of the VX220 (+turbo) :grumpy:
 
I had no idea ford utes were sold as nissans, which model / year falc was it?
I think it was an EB or around that era. Ford then sold Nissan Patrols as Mavericks.
Yeah the group C (pictured) is the car I was thinking of I just wasn't sure what model it was ie. what group.
Here are some photos of the Group A VK. The first one is 1985 and the one with the Nissan in the background is 1986.
 

Attachments

  • Vk05.jpg
    Vk05.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 21
  • vk86.jpg
    vk86.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 29
Sorry for bringin this up, but the games getting closer and holden just bought out there alloy v6 175kw/ 190kw version
i also sent a email to SCEA and asked about holdens/fords..
they told me that they thikn the australian cars will be in the game :dopey:
 
I would like to see a 350Ci Interceptor (yes, the one featured in The Road Warrior 'Mad Max'). I saw one a few days ago, here in France, and I have to say it's waaaay better looking than a standard Mustang from the same year.
 
If Australia were to be represented in one way or another, it would HAVE TO include our 'mini-(Nordschliefe) Nurburgring' - BATHURST.

A Holden Racing Team V8 Supercar + its Ford equivalent.




p.s

It would be just like the good old days - the V8s vs Godzilla at Mt Panorama!

Bring it on!
 
What is the most powerful car made in Australia.... that would be the FPV Typhoon.... Be interesting doing the comparisons with our german friends in thier similar sedans, both on their best track; the nurburgring, and then on ours, bathurst.

I can't beleive some of you soft boys out there wouldn't want a 1000 km race at Mt Panorama, that'd be mad! I loved doing the 24hr race in Lemans, perfect training for endurance racing in real life!

Noting topic of thread is Aussie cars so I'll add my 2 cents:
Valiant Charger RT 6 pack
Monaro GTS's (any one)
Torana XU1 & SLR5000
Falcon GTHO's all phases, including new one!
A mixture of HDT and HSV commodores (VK,VL,VR,VS,VT,VU,VX,VY)
A mixture of similar spec'd fords (ranging through out the years, the best ones only)
For race cars:
have some heritage racing cars, even some old school cortinas and stuff
the legacy V8s and turbo cars of the late 80's and early 90's (Texaco Sierra, Mobile HDT VL, GIO BNR32-GTR)
A few different paint jobs for the AU-BA VT-VY falco-dores

That would make me really happy..... I can dream......
 
FPV is NOT Australia's most powerful production car.

HSV GTS and FPV GT have more power......unless you're refering to torque I maybe mistaken
 
Remember what Power is .... Torque * rad/sec

What good is having more power, if you can have more torque and less weight.... noticiby, when turning into a corner, which one is going to be going faster and continue faster through the corner?

Having been for a ride in a 320KW 6 Speed FPV tickled ute (running Typhoon Specs) it is faster than a HSV GTS (traffic Light GP no less)

Plus a much more tractable engine.... but this is all irrelavant...

once you add tuning, nod towards APS or NIZPRO or CAPA in the real world, nothing comes close to the Typhoon in regards to Aussie made sedans..... period..

Noting who keeps their cars in GT standard....... ;)
 
Obviously you are both forgetting the Joss Supercar.:D
 
bara
Don't know if this has already been mentioned but the FPV GT and F6 typhoon are on the359's expected cars list. They're in red though (photographed at a polyphony testing day), o well here's hoping.

They are very likely to be in - according to an article in Australian Muscle Car the Polyphony guys came to Bathurst to photograph the cars earlier this year when Ford was filming a GT commercial there.
 
I saw that ad and it is wicked...and I'm a Holden fan.
 
Yeah, the AU kind of sucked, but I reckon the BA is pretty sexy.
 

Attachments

  • au1forte_sunset2.jpg
    au1forte_sunset2.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 95
  • fpvgtp.jpg
    fpvgtp.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 19
  • xr6turbo.jpg
    xr6turbo.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 18
Did I read correctely... AUSTRALIAN Muscle Car?

That would be three mean words to try to pressure the fans of American muscle. And it will also justify my point that Australian cars are rather aggressive, yet stylish. Australia should be better represented.
 
JohnBM01
Did I read correctely... AUSTRALIAN Muscle Car?

That would be three mean words to try to pressure the fans of American muscle. And it will also justify my point that Australian cars are rather aggressive, yet stylish. Australia should be better represented.

Yeah i laugh when I read people comment about "only the US makes muscle cars". Oh how little do they know... :sly:
 
It's not quite the same thing, but it's just been announced that the Lotus Carlton will be included in the game, which is kinda like a twin-turbo VN Commodore.

I think it's as close as we'll get.

10.jpg
 
Is that a VN or Lotus Carlton? They dont look like VN rear lights...
 
trEVO
It's not quite the same thing, but it's just been announced that the Lotus Carlton will be included in the game, which is kinda like a twin-turbo VN Commodore.

I think it's as close as we'll get.

10.jpg

Great News!

The legendary Lotus Carlton! - GREAT car! :)




p.s

If the GT guys came to Bathurst to look at Holden/Fords - that might mean they also came for Bathurst as well - they'd be awesome! (fingers crossed)

Yep, I've always been a Holden Man - other than the '70 Ford GTHO Phase III, I'd never liked Ford (the AU was DREADFUL!)...until now with the BA which is magnificant (XR6 Turbo) ;)
 
Actually, the FPV hasent been realeased YET so the most powerfull car made, not tlaking about the JOSS supercar..
would be the Monaro 427 or wateva :p 400 sumthing Kw's
and yes they did make 1 which was a fully working car
the 427 was so close.. months.. sadly its life ended.. :guilty:
it was gunan be a beast of a car..... oh well.. well havto wait for the Ls2 now :crazy:
 
ACTUALLY, the HRT427 is not a production version of any car and will never be put into production and therefore, does not figure into this discussion. I'm sure Ford have built several "fully working" FPV Typhoons for testing and research. The Joss is not in production as yet so it also does not count. If these two cars were eligible, why not count the endless numbers of cars that are modified by street machiners around the country. Some of these cars have power figures well in excess of the standard cars the manufacturers produce. Anyone with enough money can build a car with 400kw or more. Only mass produced cars built by manufacturers should count in a "The most powerful car in Australia is..." discussion.
On the other hand, CSV, who modify Holdens, build cars that can have up to 330kw. These cars are modified enough for CSV to warrant putting their own ID plates on the car so they are identified as a CSV and not a Holden (similar to Ruf and Porsche).
 
ACTULLY, there was two made.:D
 
As I remember, the 427 Monaro caused a bit of a stink when it won the Bathurst enduro. Several racers complained because it wasn't a production car, only a prototype.

Shame. Could you imagine punting one of those around town?

I've seen a few mentions of the bullet roadster as well. That would be quite a car to have in an insane, TVR Griffith kind of way. I'd love to have an SS. 4L V8 Lexus lump + Sprintex supercharger + Mazda MX-5 (Miata) body = big fun! :lol:

Bullet SS Specs:

Engine
4 Litre quad cam 32 valve Hand assembled V8

Power
320kW

Supercharger
Sprintex S90

Kerb Weight
1220kg

Wheelbase
2332mm

Track
1460mm

Gearbox
5 speed manual

Power Steering
Variable ratio

Brakes
Cross - drilled and slotted rotors Front 330mm Rear 273mm

Differential
Hydratrak LSD

Wheels
Front ROH 18 x 8 Rear ROH 18 x 9

Tyres
Kumho Supra Front 215/35 Rear 265/35

orange_car_c.jpg

marina_silvercar.jpg
 
erAser_crAsh
I would like to see a 350Ci Interceptor (yes, the one featured in The Road Warrior 'Mad Max'). I saw one a few days ago, here in France, and I have to say it's waaaay better looking than a standard Mustang from the same year.

Eh the 350Ci Interceptor was based on the Ford Falcon.
And yes the Falcon was based on the same exact platform as the Mustang.
Unless you weren't implying that the Interceptor was Mustang based.
 
Schrodes
Two what, HRT427 or FPV Typhoon?

No, I'm talking about the HRT 427. There was 2 made. They had minor differences though.
 
Yeah, the show car was orange and I think the other one was yellow. Auto Art are going to release a 1:18 model of the yellow one.
 

Attachments

  • HRT427 motor show.jpg
    HRT427 motor show.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 31
  • HRT427 motor.jpg
    HRT427 motor.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 19
Back