Australian GT, Season 1 finished, TheFlash is Champion,Finished 

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 756 comments
A1 RING DRIVERS BRIEF

a1_zpse8d47c9d.jpg

Pit entry, Its a really awkward entry and is the apex point of Jochen Rindt Bend, the apex speeds between pitting and not pitting are drastically different, please ensure you make it clear exiting the Gerhard Berger S that you are planning to pit by moving over the right hand side of the circuit if there is a car following you,

Run off areas, Castrol turn, Remus, Jochen Rindt and Mobilkom all have run off areas, if you find yourself in these areas please return to the circuit before the ripple strip meets the grass with care,

ADDITIONAL,

There will be one full pace lap,

whilst headsets are on, they must be turned off at the start of qualifying at the start of qualifying, reprimands will be adjudicated for unnecessary use,

BoP adjustments,
These are going to be tested and confirmed between events, firstly the cars that are being used have been looked at and the adjustments are as follows,

Ford GT, 522BHP/1280KG
Corvette Z06, 542BHP/ 1290KG

Ford GT, 522BHP/1280KG

thanks for the boost Dave, I'm afraid to change anything now :lol: but will have some time tomorrow to throw a few numbers at:lol: the beasty

Attachments

• 10407286_326018527567871_7925624574185857951_n.jpg
    10407286_326018527567871_7925624574185857951_n.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 4
Ford GT, 522BHP/1280KG

thanks for the boost Dave, I'm afraid to change anything now :lol: but will have some time tomorrow to throw a few numbers at:lol: the beasty

You'll be right @nosoks if you want some help just let me know and ill jump on early to help ya get it sorted.

You'll be right @nosoks if you want some help just let me know and ill jump on early to help ya get it sorted.

thanks Flash, I give her a quick spin last night offline and my setup still seems fine...... is a 1. 22 any good? :lol: just kidding.
I gotta take the wife shopping this morning sometime but should be around this aft if you or anyone else wants to turn a few laps

thanks Flash, I give her a quick spin last night offline and my setup still seems fine...... is a 1. 22 any good? :lol: just kidding.
I gotta take the wife shopping this morning sometime but should be around this aft if you or anyone else wants to turn a few laps

I have had to go purchase a new wheel today, I will be on from about 3 hours before race time adjusting to the new setup

Jeez I better get back to practising, last time I practised was Sunday, so I'm gonna be a bit rusty so I'll probably join you guys to practice. Especially since the 'vette has ad a slight adjustment in regards to its specs. Good thing I don't have any Legal Studies homework! :)

It is possible for me to race in the Ford GT (so sweet to drive)? The rules say only two 'painted body' cars. Does this mean only two base models or only two cars period for those that don't come with base models? Which would mean we could have four of one model on the grid but a cap of two of another model?

EDIT: Actually I'll run the Audi Ultra. Almost as fast as the Ford GT but with a lot worse tyre wear.. But its still fun and looks cool ;P

Last edited:
Guys I'm done with this series I'm not that good of a racer I can't match race pace even after practicing for hours always spin out at some point. No point of me racing for last place for 90mins every fortnight. I've had fun in the series but one of the reserves can take my place. Thanks :)

I'm the same with Cobra_GT500.

Don't get me wrong, in no way I entered this series not knowing the skill level of you guys/on a whim, I was genuinely interested in the series and I was very interested how my skills would go in a proper series.

But as I can see (car aside, obviously) I was out of my depth as, as you guys saw tonight, I pulled out with 10 minutes to go. As such, I have decided to pull out of the event and allow one of the reserves to fill in if neccessary.

Congrats to GREASY who won tonight and good luck to the rest of the racers for the rest of the Championship :)

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

ROUND 1 MONZA

1st, TheFlash05 (10 points)
2nd, GREASY07 (9 points)
3rd, Heathenpride ( 6 points)
4th, TDZdave (5 points)
5th, nosoks (4 points)
6th ItzRacing (3 points)
7th Lion- Face (2 points)
8th motocross-09 (1 point)

ROUND 2 SILVERSTONE

TheFlash05, 18 points
GREASY07, 15 points
Lion-Face, 13 points
TDZdave, 9 points
ItzRacing, 8 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Motocross-09, 4 points
Nosoks, 4 points

ROUND 3 ASCARI

TheFlash05, 24 Points
GREASY07, 24 Points
Lion-Face, 23 Points
TDZdave, 13 Points
ItzRacing, 11 Points
Nosoks, 9 Points
Motocross-09, 6 Points
Heathenpride, 6 Points
SteveEnforcer, 1 Point

ROUND 4 LE MANS

Lion-face, 34 points
TheFlash05, 32 points
GREASY07, 30 points
TDZdave, 16 points
ItzRacing, 15 points
Nosoks, 9 points
Motocross-09, 8 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 1 point

ROUND 5 MOTEGI
Lion-face, 43 points
TheFlash, 42 points
GREASY07, 35 points
ItzRacing, 21 points
TDZdave, 20 points
Nosoks, 12 points
Motocross-09, 9 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Swillsam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

ROUND 6 NURBURGRING 24h
Lion-face, 51 points
ThrFlash, 48 points
GREASY07, 45 points
ItzRacing, 26 points
TDZdave, 24 points
Nosoks, 12 points
Motocross-09, 9 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points
Keg11, 3 points

ROUND 7 A1 RING

Lion-Face, 57 points
TheFlash05, 56 points
GREASY07, 56 points
TDZdave, 28 points
ItzRacing, 26 points
Nosoks, 15 points
Motocross-09, 10 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Nasanu, 5 points
Keg11, 5 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

points are updated guys, looking extremely tight at the top, Laguna Seca next, will have a drivers brief up in the next week or so,

Guys I'm done with this series I'm not that good of a racer I can't match race pace even after practicing for hours always spin out at some point. No point of me racing for last place for 90mins every fortnight. I've had fun in the series but one of the reserves can take my place. Thanks :)

That's a shame @cobra_gt but I get where your coming from. The like of Lion, Greasy and myself are doing a lot of practice for each race. Like maybe somewhere between 8-10 hours worth, which shows in our pace. Im sorry its put you off. But maybe instead of quiting completely how about we ask @TDZdave about having a Pro-Am championship run alongside for the likes of yourself, @keg11 and anybody else who feels they cant keep up with the front guys but still want to race and have fun??

It would keep the grid looking healthy and give you guys something to strive for?? well the remaining races anyways.

Yeah I have to agree with flash, it is disapointing to read that guys are leaving. A pro am idea would be good but I'm unsure how it would work.

I definitely didn't expect to come in and win races, especially when I had only driven without ASM twice before joining the series, but I've practiced and practiced and got to the point where I'm close. I will say I'm now addicted because everyone has respect for each other and are also so willing to give away their secrets to the competition when they could refuse.

The problem I have in racing is that everything I start, I won't give up until I can prove to myself that I can match the best drivers. I did it in Karts in my state, in speedway I've kept trying to improve and have only now reached the point where on any given night I know I can go out there and beat everyone in my class in Australia if everything falls my way. I know if I keep practicing and tuning and get a setup that I'm not cramped up in, It is possible I can mix it at the front.

I have thought of something else though, maybe keg and cobra and a few others would want to show us an onboard lap and maybe some of the leading drivers can analyse and offer some tips to improve?

P.s. can't wait to see Greasy's race report to see what I missed out on ! Hopefully I have a usa SIM card by then or I'm connected to wifi like I am now when it comes out

Sorry that I dropped out last night, PS3 froze for the 4th time in 3 days. Could be the disc reader but i'm trying to find that out now as I speak.
I'm also sorry if the following sounds like sour grapes but I think it MUST be addressed in the wake of the @Cobra_GT500 and @keg11 sadly quitting.
Specs of a few cars-
In particular the Audi and the BMW Z4. Earlier today I took them out and they were far ahead of the rest. Also I would have liked a bit of an earlier heads up on the Corvette's spec changes so I could have done some more thorough tuning so I wasn't 2 secs off from when I used the previous specs. I urge you @TDZdave to revise every single cars specs and at least change the specs of the cars mentioned above.
As I said, i'm soory if this sounded like sour grapes but it must be addressed sooner rather than later.

That's a shame @cobra_gt but I get where your coming from. The like of Lion, Greasy and myself are doing a lot of practice for each race. Like maybe somewhere between 8-10 hours worth, which shows in our pace. Im sorry its put you off. But maybe instead of quiting completely how about we ask @TDZdave about having a Pro-Am championship run alongside for the likes of yourself, @keg11 and anybody else who feels they cant keep up with the front guys but still want to race and have fun??

It would keep the grid looking healthy and give you guys something to strive for?? well the remaining races anyways.
Sorry for the double post firstly, but this is a great idea, something I would be interested in doing especially since i'm not that up to pace with Greasy barring the specs.

8-10 hrs? my practice started when the room opened. But I did spent about 2 hours testing and choosing cars the night before.

On the pace of the cars, in my testing sure the z4 and the Audi (with a good setup, well off the pace without) are fast but I think the Ford GT might be fastest of all. With the stock setup I was running 26s after 2 laps. And the flash did a 26 in the corvette after not many laps. But yeah, some cars need help.

8-10 hrs? my practice started when the room opened. But I did spent about 2 hours testing and choosing cars the night before.

On the pace of the cars, in my testing sure the z4 and the Audi (with a good setup, well off the pace without) are fast but I think the Ford GT might be fastest of all. With the stock setup I was running 26s after 2 laps. And the flash did a 26 in the corvette after not many laps. But yeah, some cars need help.

Well i did about 8 hours over the two weeks between races. Lets not forget that @Lion-Face also has three straight wins this season in the SLS. Its no slouch by a long shot. @NW48 you also need to remember we are 7 races in so we have our tunes pretty down set. there have been times where the SLS has killed the Z4 and times its vise-versa. There just hasn't been guys running the other cars to really get them up to speed. The GT-R is a good car, I've run it previously and id run it again. Take the time to work on your set up and there's no reason your car wont be quick enough.

@NW48 you also need to remember we are 7 races in so we have our tunes pretty down set. there have been times where the SLS has killed the Z4 and times its vise-versa. There just hasn't been guys running the other cars to really get them up to speed. The GT-R is a good car, I've run it previously and id run it again. Take the time to work on your set up and there's no reason your car wont be quick enough.

I used a stock setup on all, barring the Audi which I just tampered with the camber but that was it. But on the upside of things, next round is Laguna Seca, my personal test track where I test and tune my cars. So in saying that I should be up front and pushing yourself and Greasy around (Well at least I hope!)

I just like to say I just bought this for my racing rig today thanks tax man
UH-Rim-GT_big_02-1000x666.png
CSW-RUH_big_01-1000x666.png
cs-handbrake-Big_01-1000x666.png

Sadly I don't think I can use this with GT6 but IRacing it should be all good
SRH_CSDash1.jpg
SRH-CSW-Dash-Mount.jpg

Back