Australian GT, Season 1 finished, TheFlash is Champion,Finished 

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 756 comments
Don't let my boss hear you I'm trying to get a pay rise :lol:

Considering all the useless truck drivers I put up with
on a daily basis :dopey: :drool: :lol:

I'm sorry that your so lonely and bored driving you truck all day but
just shut up I got a job to do an so do you :banghead: 🤬 :mad: :lol:

There is a big update guys around 2GB so if your internet is not at is best GET ON TO IT NOW

demotivation_us_the-most-frustrating-thing-is-slow-internet-connection_-_135187479182-jpg.191980

^ Lol, yeah I honestly think PD is hiding something, this update cannot be 2GB without something that is actually of worth.

I have no idea how long it took for me to update, I left GT6 to update itself and forgot about it until some 4hrs later :lol:

Nevermind, found out how long it took, 30-45min when I left (take a few until it started downloading so 20mins-ish) plus the second install which is usually 10mins, so 40mins at best. Not too bad for living in the middle of nowhere I guess. Starting to get some laps in at Laguna Seca, the 'vette is well suited to the track. I can see that this could be a tight race, the biggest winning gap I've seen in GT cars at Laguna in GT6 is about 1-2secs. Would be good to see @Cobra_GT500 & @keg11 have one last race so we can send them off in a reasonable fashion. Just my thought anyway.
So, @TDZdave is there still a chance we will be racing at Bathurst sometime this series since PD has 'apparently' fixed it?

we will be awaiting confirmation for the fix, I will test it myself and also be in contact with others over the fix to ensure it is, Bathurst was meant to be the previous round but we decided to remove it because of the bugs, it will most likely be round 12,

also, I have been speaking with @cobraGT500 about a potential GTC type class, would Keg_11 and @SteveEnforcer be interested in joining the one make tuning prohibited division with him?

I'd be interested in doing it, since I'm on a DS3 I would be a bit more competitive in that class, if the one-make car suits my fancy

Last edited:
we will be awaiting confirmation for the fix, I will test it myself and also be in contact with others over the fix to ensure it is, Bathurst was meant to be the previous round but we decided to remove it because of the bugs, it will most likely be round 12,

The only problem I have with including Bathurst again as the last round would be if we get to it and the points are still as tight as they are, it would suck to have a bug or a DC cost someone the championship. I would prefer it to be round ten or sooner or even not at all. Don't get me wrong Bathurst is a nice track but to have a championship decided there in its current state is crazy.

The only problem I have with including Bathurst again as the last round would be if we get to it and the points are still as tight as they are, it would suck to have a bug or a DC cost someone the championship. I would prefer it to be round ten or sooner or even not at all. Don't get me wrong Bathurst is a nice track but to have a championship decided there in its current state is crazy.

agreed, i would leave it as round 12 as a fun race, no points etc,

agreed, i would leave it as round 12 as a fun race, no points etc,
Maybe we can all work something out as a fun kind-of gimmick race at Bathurst, something like a lengthy Enduro (3hrs?) with 24hr time (so starts in-game at say 10:00am and finishes at 10:00am the next day so we can experience the 24hr time cycle) and also include weather so it adds a gambling aspect to it, your thoughts everyone?

What about a 3x 30 minute sprints? then everyone has opportunities to rejoin if bugs surface and we get to have a few short races where your whole night cant be ruined after you make 1 mistake...

Red Bull Ring 0.jpg

----------Australia GT Series Round 7 Red Bull Ring----------
-----------------------------------------Race Report------------------------------------------
Here we are today at Spielberg in Austria at the newly name an redesign Red Bull Ring for the 7th round of Australia GT Series an with two new drivers add to the line up (Nasanu & Ninth Wonder) and one of the old favourites was missing in action (It'zRacing)
So with qualifying done and dusted Greasy managers to take pole from Dave who was back in he's Audi by .035 and newcomer Nasanu who was also in a Audi only .020 behind Dave
Red Bull Ring 1.jpg

As Greasy got brilliant start follow closely by Dave Keg manage to get up beside newcomer Wonder but couldn't make it stick coming out of Remus until Wonder got he's Z06 a bit sideways an with Keg no where to go he got into the side of Wonder pushing him out wide and on to the grass but with no damage taken Wonder got back on he's way and started fighting with Moto
Red Bull Ring 2.jpg
Red Bull Ring 3.jpg
Red Bull Ring 4.jpg

Now with a damage front left tire from fighting with Moto into Rindt Wonder put it into the wall coming out of Castrol corner and damaging his Vette even more now and with dirt on his tires he spin it around coming into Remus and calling it quits for the day after only one lap as Greasy was slowly making a bit of distance to Dave
Red Bull Ring 5.jpg
Red Bull Ring 6.jpg
Red Bull Ring 7.jpg

With Lion fighting it out with Keg for 5th as Soks just sat back and watching waiting to see who would trip up first the two exchange positions back and forth until Lion manage to do a successful crossover at Remus giving him the place over Keg in he's RX8 as Keg was trying to get his place back he got a back wheel on the curb that spun him around coming out of Rauch
Red Bull Ring 8.jpg
Red Bull Ring 9 .jpg
Red Bull Ring 10.jpg

As Dave was being harass by Nasanu for 2nd place Nasanu the job done at Remus and now was setting his sights on Greasy until Greasy got a little bit to much curb coming out of Schlossgold and spinning it around letting Nasanu Dave and Flash to get by him and putting him down to 4th
Red Bull Ring 11.jpg
Red Bull Ring 12.jpg
Red Bull Ring 13.jpg

As their were fights up and down field as the two sliver cars were going at it the two white cars were going at it as well and the two black cars doing the same as Moto lost it coming out rauch sadly he park it up a call it a day

Red Bull Ring 14.jpg
Red Bull Ring 15.jpg

As Dave dive into the pit line on lap 15 Flash was trying to build a gap to Greasy and at times running it a bit wide as Greasy would later ask Flash for $50 to cover the car wash he now needs as Nasanu and Greasy both dive into pits just one lap later to Dave as Nasanu was trying to stop Dave from doing a undercut on him as Greasy was trying to do the same to get in front of Flash
Red Bull Ring 16.jpg
Red Bull Ring 17.jpg
Red Bull Ring 18.jpg

As Soks was showing that he's new and improved Ford GT now has the pace to keep up with the likes of the AMG he got a bit to much curb coming out of Castrol corner and put in the wall damaging the front right tire and need to pit for repairs coming out just behind the RX8 of Keg's as Nasanu out brake himself coming into Rauch an letting Dave to get by him moving Dave up to 2nd for now until Flash dive into pits
Red Bull Ring 19.jpg
Red Bull Ring 20.jpg
Red Bull Ring 21.jpg
Red Bull Ring 22.jpg

As Dave was coming up to Keg who was a back marker now Keg didn't get out of the way in time an stayed on the racing line so as a result Dave want straight up the back of Keg spinning him out of control with rear tire damage
Red Bull Ring 23.jpg
Red Bull Ring 24 .jpg
Red Bull Ring 25.jpg

And now with Dave having two front tires damage from the incident made him now vulnerable to Nasanu and Greasy as he stay out for one more lap as Nasanu got by Dave at into Castrol corner both drivers want wide at Remus as Dave got a bit sideway coming out of the corner flicking the back of his Audi into Greasy's BMW resulting in Greasy taking damage to he's front left tire as Dave would later that lap dive into pits for repairs Greasy would do the same a lap later allowance Nasanu to run by himself now
Red Bull Ring 26.jpg
Red Bull Ring 27.jpg
Red Bull Ring 28.jpg
Red Bull Ring 29.jpg
Red Bull Ring 30.jpg

As Greasy return back to the track just in front of Dave making for some good racing to come Lion came in for his only pit stop for the race making his tires lasting 30 laps but needing to take on 62 litres of go juice as Soks race was looking pretty quiet from here on out as his sat in 5th
Red Bull Ring 31.jpg
Red Bull Ring 32.jpg
Red Bull Ring 33.jpg
Red Bull Ring 34.jpg

As Dave and Greasy swap position for a lap or two Dave couldn't make it stick as Greasy was relentless on keeping the Audi behind him as Dave's Audi tires were going off falling back into the clutches of Lion and Flash he decided to dive into for the 3rd time to day
Red Bull Ring 35.jpg
Red Bull Ring 36.jpg
Red Bull Ring 37.jpg
Red Bull Ring 38.jpg
Red Bull Ring 39.jpg
Red Bull Ring 40.jpg

As Nasanu was leading the race with Greasy just 10sec behind him Nasanu ran into a little bit of traffic in the likes of a RX8 but dive into pits at the end of that lap but miss judging the pit line entrée resulting in a drive thru penalty and coming just out in front of the two Kiwis
Red Bull Ring 41.jpg
Red Bull Ring 42.jpg
Red Bull Ring 43.jpg
Red Bull Ring 44.jpg

As Nasanu got into the pits the right way this time Flash got too much curb coming out of Red Bull corner as he was right behind Lion as Greasy pitted from 1st place giving Lion the lead with only 14mins to run as Flash was doing all he can to try an catch back up to Lion's AMG
Red Bull Ring 45.jpg
Red Bull Ring 46.jpg

As Flash got back up to Lion Greasy was putting some Fast lap times down trying to catch back up to the two Kiwis as Flash got around Lion coming into Schlossgold Greasy got by Lion only a couple of laps later as he put the BMW on the inside at Rindt moving him up to 2nd now with only minutes to run
Red Bull Ring 47.jpg
Red Bull Ring 48.jpg
Red Bull Ring 49.jpg

As Greasy was charging towards Flash in 1st place Flash was dancing on the edge coming out of Rauch letting Greasy to be right on the back of him coming into Red Bull corner as Greasy try to put it on the inside at Castrol but not making it stick so he try again at Remus with only 4mins left to run getting by Flash for the lead
Red Bull Ring 50.jpg
Red Bull Ring 51.jpg
Red Bull Ring 52.jpg
Red Bull Ring 53.jpg

As Greasy goes over the line in front of Flash by only 1.327sec making it the closest finish in the series so far and the BMW's 2nd 1 & 2 of the series as Lion comes in for 3rd just 13.674sec behind the BMW's
Red Bull Ring 54.jpg

Congratulate to Greasy on a brilliant race and making it back to back wins
Well done to newcomer Nasanu for the fastest lap time of the day at a 1:25.597
Good work to all the drivers for fun and brilliant race
See you all on the 6/08 as we head off to Monterey in California
for round 8 of the Australian GT Series

Last edited:
Great review Greasy :)

Laguna is going to be fun. I have a hunch the Audi might be very fast there, it loves to turn. But then that might bite me over the corkscrew where I know the Z4 will be very stable. The perfect car for this race will be the Ford GT imo. Either way I am going for the win, you BMW boys better bring it :P

Oh BTW what happened on my pit entry? Did I just clip the cone? The reset came as a surprise to me, I didn't realize I'd entered the pits wrong.

if your anywhere near the white line upon pit entry and at speed it automatically resets you

What about a 3x 30 minute sprints? then everyone has opportunities to rejoin if bugs surface and we get to have a few short races where your whole night cant be ruined after you make 1 mistake...
That would be good but still include a 24hr time cycle with weather. Bathurst at night is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!!

I'm bringing my absolute best to Laguna after a dissapointing debut race, I think the 'vette will be in for a shout with the front runners. My goal is 4th but I would settle for 5th. @Greasy07, great race report as always!

This is me thinking outside the box. Maybe if we did 3x 30minute (like what Itz said) races but we switched the pack or something? so whoever a losing or at the back of the pack at the end of the 1st race gets a chance to start on pole and it will give everyone a fair go. Probably not the best ideas but it may even out the field a bit.

Also what car are we using for the make make race?

Last edited:
This is me thinking outside the box. Maybe if we did 3x 30minute (like what Itz said) races but we switched the pack or something? so whoever a losing or at the back of the pack at the end of the 1st race gets a chance to start on pole and it will give everyone a fair go. Probably not the best ideas but it may even out the field a bit.

Also what car are we using for the make make race?
That's a great idea, it should shake up the field a little bit so people like yourself can hopefully win!

I think I've proven to be an alonso on opening laps so a reverse grid could help me leave everyone behind ;) so ill agree with moto! but at the end of the is just a fun race :P

Ladies... Tonight I will be hosting an practice session, from roughly 9pm NZT same again on Wednesday night... It will be a friends only room so if your not on my friends list you will need to add me first..

Do NOT follow the Ford into the pits :) Still having trouble with it bogging down, and in fact it got stuck at the bottom of the pit lane for about 10 sec last night. Changing tranny and diff settings had no effect. On the bright side.... when she finally gets on track, she's running nice when I keep it on the tarry bit

Back