Australian GT, Season 1 finished, TheFlash is Champion,Finished 

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 756 comments
Would it be worth inviting people to join tonight and giving them a trial run for next week if they are interested?

I'm practising tonight but I kinda forgot about a certain ZR1 series starting tomorrow night, got a get lap practice for that.

You are lucky. I am still sitting in the desert an will be home about 30 mins before race start. No practicing for me. I haven't even set the car up yet. I will just have to get in , aim it and thrash it tomorrow night.

You'll be fine mate, just drive it like it's a jet ski!

Australian GT
Round 2
Silverstone GP
Drivers Briefing

Follow on from Round 1, Monza
+) As you are all aware there has been a slight tweak to the start procedure given the confusion of trying to grid up for Monza, This will be in place for round 2,

Drivers brief

1d96e562-97bf-48b8-9743-b47885d6e230_zpsf77085bf.png

Circuit: Silverstone GP
Laps: 36 (Includes both pace laps,

Circuit time: 1400
Weather: Dry/ Fixed

+) For this circuit we will do something different with the start, As this circuit has the old GP start grid we will start the race there on the second pace lap, so we will do pace lap number one, pit for tires, then roll at 100kph the leader will slow to 80kph exiting Luffield corner allowing the field to grid up, odds on the left, evens on the right, Then Jump on the National pit start straight, The track map above has the turn names listed in the right spots if you do not know them,

+) Corner exits, There aren't really any corners to cut here that are actually worth while attempting to do so, But there is time to be gained so these will be broken down,
Turn 9/ Copse Corner, Turn 15/ Stowe Corner, Turn 18/ Club corner, Will be monitored, If you gain a place by running wide in these corners it must be conceded back, If you intentionally run wide there due to someone on your inside running 2 wide, that is fine, providing that you do not gain position, or advantage, It will be clear or not if you have made a gain by running wide there so please be attentive and honest,

+) Pit entry, There is no pit line for pit entry here, BUT! there is a commitment cone, and a slip road for the pit entry, If you are pitting in, you must be prepared for the commitment cone, as cutting across the grass will result in a pit line penalty violation, Pit exit, there is a pit line, rule stands,

hope you are all nearly ready,

Just wondering...I see GT6 has maintenance Wednesday 0900 GMT for 2 hours. Which means the maintenance will likely be 1 hour in by the time our race is due to start?

Thoughts? We wait and hope the maintenance finishes early? Postpone the race 1 week?

Just wondering...I see GT6 has maintenance Wednesday 0900 GMT for 2 hours. Which means the maintenance will likely be 1 hour in by the time our race is due to start?

Thoughts? We wait and hope the maintenance finishes early? Postpone the race 1 week?

I didn't see this, quite an obstacle there,

Take a show of hands, will moving the race 2 hours earlier affect anyone?

2 hours earlier may run the risk of having the race cut short. I'd rather move the season back another week. It's probably the most fair option.

Or we all turn up and if the maintenance is over then we can race?

I'm out for tonight.

One of my best mates has a cheating GF to deal with and he's coming over for support and beer tonight.

Don't delay on my count, I'm happy to go with whatever is decided.

2 hours earlier may run the risk of having the race cut short. I'd rather move the season back another week. It's probably the most fair option.

Or we all turn up and if the maintenance is over then we can race?

generally if we are all in the lobby prior to the maintenance we should be fine during the maintenance,

I will open the lobby prior to 6PM acst, for qualification to start at 630PM sharp, this is 1 and a half hours earlier then the usual race time,

If anyone objects to this then we will hold tight and try get the lobby sorted at its usual race time given the maintenance is finished, I will allow half hour for anyone who notifies me here or via PSN as they will need to get the required update,

If this fails then round 2 will be abandoned and we will move directly to round 3 in 2 weeks time,

generally if we are all in the lobby prior to the maintenance we should be fine during the maintenance,

Generally a Sony maintenance if you are online you can remain, but this is a polyphony maintenance, I don't think the servers will be there at all. Either way I will be at both timeslots no matter.

Generally a Sony maintenance if you are online you can remain, but this is a polyphony maintenance, I don't think the servers will be there at all. Either way I will be at both timeslots no matter.

my guess its for The senna content, we shouldn't be kicked for that,

ok guys, the expected maintenance kicked everyone but me, how that works i have no idea, I will try re open the lobby at 8pm acst until 830pm acst, so 1 and a half hours to 2 hours from now, if the server is still down this round will be abandoned and we will continue at round 3 Ascari, Silverstone will be adjusted into the calendar for a later date,

thanks guys,

Im keen to wait it, out gives me time to sort out a few things that i would've rushed after if finished the race. but if it doesnt suit everyone else im fine with abandoning

Back