Australian GT, Season 1 finished, TheFlash is Champion,Finished 

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 756 comments
Just got a lap time of 2 minutes thanks for the set up tdz I got the update maintenance to. I'm about to have dinner and a few things I need to do afterwards so could we postpone it just for maybe 10 to 15 mins?

Edit got to wait 30 minutes for update

ok guys, the expected maintenance kicked everyone but me, how that works i have no idea, I will try re open the lobby at 8pm acst until 830pm acst, so 1 and a half hours to 2 hours from now, if the server is still down this round will be abandoned and we will continue at round 3 Ascari, Silverstone will be adjusted into the calendar for a later date,

thanks guys,

just to make sure everyone sees

It will likely make for a 11pm start for us Kiwis, id hate to see the prep for this round go to waste but will be late. Ill race if Lion wants too, postponing until later in the season is fine also id be ok with 24hrs?

Well after a dissapointing Round 1 at Monza I came into the 2nd round at Silverstone looking for an improved performance thanks to some setup advice from @TDZdave. Unfortunately qualifying didnt go to plan, with a spin on my final flying lap costing me from potentially moving up the order. An unfortunate collision through no ones fault meant I had front end damage at the start but with the steering still straight I decided to press on, moving up to 3rd in the opening lap. The damage was affecting the car with it being harder to turn in losing time. After making my only pitstop I came out in 4th position. Flash and Dave ahead of me were putting in consistent lap times meaning a podium was looking unlikely and I was then passed by Greasy, who was on a tear after an earlier incident dropped him back. Dave then encountered issues which dropped him off the pass and I managed to move into 4th after he made a mistake. From there I was left to cruise to solid 4th place finish. Although my times didnt match up to what I did in testing for some reason, I was still able to reduce my mistakes which cut down the time i spent in the pits and with that I was able to do consistent laps. I will need to work on my consistency racing around other drivers and try and lower my times a bit more and hopefully I might be on the podium at some stage. Well done to Lion on the win, he was able to have a trouble free race and deserved the result. Another well done has to go out to everyone else for some great racing.

Well after a dissapointing Round 1 at Monza I came into the 2nd round at Silverstone looking for an improved performance thanks to some setup advice from @TDZdave. Unfortunately qualifying didnt go to plan, with a spin on my final flying lap costing me from potentially moving up the order. An unfortunate collision through no ones fault meant I had front end damage at the start but with the steering still straight I decided to press on, moving up to 3rd in the opening lap. The damage was affecting the car with it being harder to turn in losing time. After making my only pitstop I came out in 4th position. Flash and Dave ahead of me were putting in consistent lap times meaning a podium was looking unlikely and I was then passed by Greasy, who was on a tear after an earlier incident dropped him back. Dave then encountered issues which dropped him off the pass and I managed to move into 4th after he made a mistake. From there I was left to cruise to solid 4th place finish. Although my times didnt match up to what I did in testing for some reason, I was still able to reduce my mistakes which cut down the time i spent in the pits and with that I was able to do consistent laps. I will need to work on my consistency racing around other drivers and try and lower my times a bit more and hopefully I might be on the podium at some stage. Well done to Lion on the win, he was able to have a trouble free race and deserved the result. Another well done has to go out to everyone else for some great racing.

that tune was a load off ..... After the update, you did rather well considering, everyone did exceptionally well to be fair,

I take it now with the tire wear we wont have to do an installation pit lap? Will we still do rolling starts?

In light of Greasy's accident, this is for everyone, I think if you have spun/slow off track, try rejoining off the racing line until you get back up to speed. Even if this means you cut a corner to stay off the track. Just looking back in hindsight, if greasy had turned right and rejoined the track after the next corner, the crash wouldn't have happened. I'm not blaming anyone, just a heads up for future. Also be great if when a driver spins they announce it. More important at start of race when cars are bunched.

I take it now with the tire wear we wont have to do an installation pit lap? Will we still do rolling starts?

In light of Greasy's accident, this is for everyone, I think if you have spun/slow off track, try rejoining off the racing line until you get back up to speed. Even if this means you cut a corner to stay off the track. Just looking back in hindsight, if greasy had turned right and rejoined the track after the next corner, the crash wouldn't have happened. I'm not blaming anyone, just a heads up for future. Also be great if when a driver spins they announce it. More important at start of race when cars are bunched.

Yeah I was going to bring this up. **** happens but it doesn't have too. Didn't help that the corner exit was semi blind and when I was on exit only to find @Greasy07 in the middle of the track in a cloud of tire smoke it made it hard to miss. If you watch replay from my car you'll see what I mean. But other than that it was a good race and congrats to @Lion-Face for the win.

ah, I cant see those pictures from my phone, dont know why,

But yes in light of the recent update and some new sign ups etc the OP will be edited accordingly, in now at work for the next 4 days but expect a comprehensive list of changes made to the race structure, everything will be outlined with the drivers briefing for Ascari,

Back