Australian Tracks (and NZ Tracks and Bonus Tracks)

• Thread starter Zondaj
  • 94 comments
Australia
Adelaide
Belbanj12
Are You Kidding Me? N/A
Australian Tracks.jpg

Hi guys, this is a thread for the compilation of the best Australian track replicas. I hope to get some awareness out there for some of the awesome tracks we have in Australia other than Bathurst (I have no problems with Bathurst... but it's already in the game). I have added a replica of my hometown's track, Adelaide Street Circuit, to get things started. Feel free to add your own replicas as well.

Here's a list of what's currently in the thread:

Cars
Adelaide Street Circuit - GP Course by Zondaj
Adelaide Street Circuit - Touring Car Course by Zondaj and Flying Kiwi
Barbagallo Raceway by Flying Kiwi
Baskerville Raceway by Robbks
Hidden Valley Raceway by Alienxpres51 and Baspos96
Lakeside International Raceway by Alienxpres51
Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit by Robbks
Morgan Park Raceway by Alienxpres51
Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit by JaseScott and Flying Kiwi
Queensland Raceway by Alienxpres51 and Fido_le_muet and Baspos96
Sandown Raceway by Mires and CLowndes888 and Baspos 96
SA Motorsport Park - GT Circuit by Zondaj
Surfers Paradise Street Circuit - Touring Car Course by Cole Morgan and samoht gtx
Surfers Paradise Street Circuit - IndyCar Course by Cole Morgan
Sydney Motorsport Park by JaseScott
Sydney Street Circuit by Cole Morgan
Symmons Plains Raceway by kembro and Flying Kiwi and Baspos96
Townsville Street Circuit by Cole Morgan
Wakefield Park Circuit by JaseScott
Warwick Farm Raceway by GBO Possum

Go-Karts
Stony Creek Go-Kart Track by kembro

NZ
Hampton Downs Motorsport Park by Flying Kiwi
Hamilton Street Circuit by Cole Morgan
Mike Pero Motorsport Park by Fido_le_muet
Pukekohe Park Raceway by Flying Kiwi and Baspos96 and Cole Morgan
Teretonga Park Raceway by Flying Kiwi and Fido_le_muet

Bonus
Australia by Cole Morgan
New Zealand by Cole Morgan
Due to multiple versions of each track the GTPlanet usernames are hyperlinked to that person's version of the track. I have only listed tracks with working hyperlinks. To be included on the list, please add a hyperlink! Duplicates are fine.

A big thank you to Thomas2012 for the cover image and a big thank you to all you contributors. Couldn't have done it without you!:gtpflag::cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
I've done an attempt at Adelaide Street Circuit which I'm not too happy with and a pretty accurate (3M Longer than the real varient) in my thread.

Putting in a request for our budding track makers to make an attempt on Wakefield Park. So i can test some final drive ratios out on gt6.

I've got Phillip Island, Sydney Motorsport Park and Wakefield Park.

All still works in progress,
Phillip Island is closest at 1:1.
SMP required a workaround for home straight issues but I got it to 1:1 without too much loss of character.
Wakey is quick and rough, obviously has big home straight issues, would be blasphemy to lose the kink, so I extended it the other way, increasing back straight length. I opened up the run onto it from fish hook to reduce lap times but also tightened down last corner to try to reproduce kink speeds a bit better.

Gonna try transfer Wakefield to Eiger, sad without it...

Is anyone working on Sydney Olympic Park?
No!!!
Try to discourage any continued use of this stupid layout.
Oran park was 100 times what that 'run around the block' will ever be.
It just highlights how much V8supercars will sell itself out to anybody holding a cheque book...

Last edited:
Shout out to Thomas2012, hotboost, JaseScott and Alienxpres51: Add some hyperlinks to your messages so everyone can enjoy your tracks.

Sorry! Just worked out the links.

Phillip Island
Sydney Motorsport Park
Wakefield Park

Should've added before that wakey is about 400m too long.

I was gonna add my links but Adelaide isn't good enough and JaseScotts beats mine on accuracy with width and length good job on making it the right length! mine is 3m to long haha

All good guys! I only just realised how confrontational that sounded, everything sounds better in your head!

No!!!
Try to discourage any continued use of this stupid layout.
Oran park was 100 times what that 'run around the block' will ever be.
It just highlights how much V8supercars will sell itself out to anybody holding a cheque book...
Of course it's not as good as Oran Park but still would be nice to have it in-game.

It wasn't V8 Supercars' fault that Oran Park was knocked down.

Cole, have you driven on it with the Lotus 97T yet?
I had a cracking Arcade race on mine last night with the Senna WRS cars.
but I know the untuned 97T is a handful at the best of times.

I'm working on Baskerville (Hobart) at the moment on two different Eiffel layouts, not the flat one. to try and replicate the elevation changes
here's Baskerville from my own car (driver training day with cones in the middle of teh road) for those who are unfamiliar

Are your tracks shared? 3 of them come up with error code 601 and the other one says error 411, page not found.
Hi Zondaj, yeah all my tracks show as shared on my home page so note sure what the issue is, have compared other peoples link structure to see if something is different but can't see anything, will keep trying.

I've just put up a cheap and nasty 5 min job for the graphic at the top of the post :ill:. If anyone wants to contribute a graphic to this thread I am more than happy to change it. Just PM me the pic in a common image format (.jpg, .png, .svg etc.) :cheers:

[EDIT] Thanks to Thomas2012 for supplying a far more aesthetically pleasing cover image:tup:. If you would like to build on his work or think you have something better, I'm more than happy to switch it over.

Last edited:
Back