Auto-pulling back on track needs to go!

• Thread starter bmxmitch
  • 32 comments
Germany
Berlin, Germany
bmxmitch1
I'm really no fan of this feature at all. IMO it needs to go!

It would be ok if you stuck somewhere for 30sec, but for normal racing, you should find your way back on track on your own. And if you're stuck in the sand, you're going have to wait around 30sec until the system puts you back on track.
I would love to see this changed from PD. If they keep on saying "the real driving simulator" a feature like this has nothing to do in this game.

It just really bothered me on Monza, especially in the first chicane, as everyone got put back on track instantly and the chaos got even worse. Its just a feature we don't need! In my humble opinion of course :)

Anyone with me here? Or do you like this feature?

I'm really no fan of this feature at all. IMO it needs to go!

It would be ok if you stuck somewhere for 30sec, but for normal racing, you should find your way back on track on your own. And if you're stuck in the sand, you're going have to wait around 30sec until the system puts you back on track.
I would love to see this changed from PD. If they keep on saying "the real driving simulator" a feature like this has nothing to do in this game.

It just really bothered me on Monza, especially in the first chicane, as everyone got put back on track instantly and the chaos got even worse. Its just a feature we don't need! In my humble opinion of course :)

Anyone with me here? Or do you like this feature?
Its a option you can put it on or off when creating a lobby.

Its a option you can put it on or off when creating a lobby.

I don’t understand why it’s forced on and no option to turn it off in time trial mode.

The auto-reset car to track is so distracting and immersion breaking.

I don’t understand why it’s forced on and no option to turn it off in time trial mode.

Its because its the best way to avoid ppl who cut corners.

But there's no option in sport mode races...
Nope :) i know its a bit strange to see it happen.. But its just to prevent ppl who cut corners, and its the best way to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope :) i know its a bit strange to see it happen.. But its just to prevent ppl who cut corners, and its the best way to do it.

No it isn't, it just the easiest. Just put some hard walls in the middle of chicanes, this isn't real life where driver safety matters.

This auto reset rubbish causes nothing but chaos and now cheaters are exploiting it too.

PD has been struggling with things like this and ghosting and penalty systems ever since prologue, it's funny they can't get something down pat and be consistent at least.

aa2R88.gif

It beat me today. I hit the brakes a little later (and one tire tapped the grass) than I wanted to in the one make race going into turn 1, and I went off, tapped the wall and was coming back on track. Insta replace, lost 8 seconds in all.

In sport mode starting from CB A all help should be off. So no auto recovery. No TCS. No steering help. Nothing.

Only this would justify FIA sportmanship. So no controller driving :)

Just ABS should be allowed. But even that could go off. Realism is a choice.

In time trial arcade and Sport mode daily qualifying it can be turned off - go to Race Settings, Penalty Settings top left.

As OP says thats not the case in Sport mode races.....

Note in some cases will still auto reset if penalty triggered e.g Suzuka last chicane or if you take to long......

Think it is still needed if someone punts you from behind and you end up deep off the track e.g.the left handef before going up the hill at interlagos. However if it’s your own error agree with the OP.

Also annoying if you have to 'pause'. I had to answer the phone mid-race so pulled off the track and parked out of the way and hit pause. next minute my car is trundling around the track under auto drive getting in people's way!

In sport mode starting from CB A all help should be off. So no auto recovery. No TCS. No steering help. Nothing.

You think every controller player use help aids? I race controller from day 1 only with abs.. You will be shocked how much controller players beat you with a wheel.

Insta replace, lost 8 seconds in all.
Yep. I went off the other day, maybe at Interlagos, there was no advantage to be gained, I just ran wide onto the grass, caught the slide and drove in a big arc. Just as I was about to rejoin the track in a safe and controlled way, boom, I was back at the corner, stationary, right in the middle of the track. I usually find it does more harm than good.

I can understand it if you try to straight-line a chicane or something, but on the whole, being off track is an error that you're already paying the price for.

These ban all aids posts are getting silly.

No controller driving? There goes 3/4 if the user base. Do you realize how ignorant you sound?

I do agree the auto reset needs to go.

Realism is indeed a choice. You know that many modern race cars have ABS and traction control IRL, right?

Would have been a problem for me without it at Maggiore - somebody spun me out of turn 1, and the car ended up stuck on a cone with the drive wheels off the ground! Luckily, the hand of God put me back on the track, else I might still be there.....

Even if it is turned off its on :( Also cars turn into ghost even if you turn it off. This 2 things destroy the immersion. I dont need help to recover my car and i dont want help form a magic hand, it is unreal.

So IS using a pad a choice. This ain't real life driving this is driving on playstation and wheels don't come cheap and I'd rather use the pad. If you want to play with super racers and what not play assetto corsa

I dont like real simracing. So I am in for the fun. If I would be hardcore simracer I would not be playing GT sport.

But to me it is definitely no fun when I am working my ass of with a RWD car in sport mode, behind me is someone driving pretty close to me. I am braking on time for the corner. He is not hitting me. Keep focus in the corner keep up te speed and look at corner exit. When I see the exit I am stepping on the gas. But slowly. Since if I push the gas too hard my car will slip. So the adrenaline is there ! The fun is there ! Because I know if I step too much on the gas I will lose the grip and car. And if I know the car behind me is working as hard as me, that makes all the fun !!

But if behind me the car is just easily following me and full stepping on the gas because TCS is on and some other help tools ? It could be fun to him. But to me it is no fun because I dont know if the guy behind me is having the same difficulties as me because of driving aids.

There is nothing wrong with allowing driving aids. We are not all gods. And not all drivers that like to drive without aids are hardcore simracers.

But what could be wrong with adding that special thing in the upper online class ? The basis of this game in sport mode is equal cars and things. Not giving advantage to guys finetuning there cars. But allowing all the help aids still means there is no real equality. Just adding this class would not affect the game in any other way so why not ?

Its just an idea. But off-topic I realise. Maybe I should check for a topic about this ?

Last edited:
Can we please stay on Topic guys!
I'm sure there's a thread about driving aids already. This one isnt ;)

So this happened to me yesterday at Big Willow in the last corner: :grumpy:
I managed quite well to save the car and get back on track fast(ish) but then GT decides to reset me :lol:
Clearly 100% my own driving mistake as I was too concentrated on defending against a quicker driver. (also notice the difference in tire wear between the M4 and the GT86!)

Back