Auto Tech Quiz Game!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Troux
  • 165 comments
  • 8,985 views
Another easy one: What engine is in Nissan Skyline GT-Rs?
 
Matt gets it


So you are saying it not a internal combustion engine?

BTW Skyline GTR's have come with other engines besides RB's.
 
Ok, heres my trivia question:

What were the 4 "companion" marques from General Motors?
 
You got Pontiac.
 
Matt, could you be more specific? What kind of timeframe are we looking at, here? The sixties? The Eighties?

Anyway, my guess is Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, and Cadillac.
 
Oh, sorry though, its 20's to 40's. :)
 
I looked up the Wiki on the Cavalier, that's where I found out the rest, but since this is a test of knowledge, I considered that cheating, and didn't answer with anymore than what I knew already.

I woulda said the same as Slicks, Pontiac, O(lds, Buick, Caddy, in addition to Chevy.
 
Companion Marques = Offshoots of other established brands, the only one left is Pontiac.
 
I would guess Pontiac, Checker, AMC, Duesenberg. (I don't know **** about pre-'60).
 
Ok.
Again, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac.

Edit - tree'd. Badly.

I'm going to try this again. Pontiac, Hudson, LaSalle. Can't think of a fourth.
Geo doesn't fit the timeframe, but it also fits.
 
Troux, maybe you should post the rule on the first post so people would know researching is cheating in this game before they start violating rules.

I don't want anyone else making the same mistake as I did LOL
 
You now have Pontiac and La Salle.
 
Wiki'd the other two. Never heard of that nonsense.
 
No wikis, wikis are evil.
fierydevil.gif
 
I know, I'm keeping my mouth shut, but I don't think anyone will get these. If it goes without anyone getting it, I must say, I'm impressed with Slicks' knowledge, he could take the next question.
 
Heres a hint: They were off shoots of these brands: Buick, Cadillac, Oakland and Oldsmobile.
 
I'm not going to take too much credit - Pontiac was obvious, and I've ridden in a 1938 LaSalle before, so it just took a little thinking.

I've since Wiki'd it, and know them now.
 
Can noone else get the other two brands?

Hints:

1. What was Leif Eriksson?
2. What would Mark be called if he was a girl?

(ETTE)
 
Well we've Wiki'd ourselves out of eligibility.
 
wasn't Leif Eriksson a viking or something? i just remember a episode of spongebob (the bubble buddy one) and they try to celebrate Leif Eriksson day.
 
I read the hints. 'Mark + ette', and Lief Eriksson? Too easy.
Dunno if its right though.
 
So now who gets the next question? I still vote for Slicks.
 
I'm gonna give it to Slicks, he has edumacation. Sakiale was aided by me. :p
 
Back