Autocross

Wasn't there something like Auto-X in F1?

Would be a welcome feature in my book.👍

Edit: There was

What?
Yes please!

Here

7) Rivals Mode

Working together in car clubs is fun and all but let’s face facts: Sooner or later, you’re going to want to beat someone. Badly. And then you’re going to want to let them know about it. Welcome to Forza Motorsport 4’s brand new Rivals mode.

Whether you’re navigating cones in an autocross event, or dialing in laps at Laguna Seca in the hopes of turning out your best possible lap time, each time you beat a friend’s score, they’ll receive an in-game message. Conversely, any time a friend knocks down one of your scores, you’ll get a message and, with the press of a button, you’ll be taken to that event where you can do your best to take back the top spot.

Rivals mode isn’t limited to your friends list, however. At any time, you’ll be able to pick any score on a leaderboard and try and beat it. This is for more than simple bragging rights—you’ll earn credits for taking down scores and the higher up the leaderboard you go, the bigger the bounties you’ll earn for taking them down.
Rivals mode is your chance to broadcast your accomplishments out to your friends, and to find brand new challenges along the way.

Dan also mentioned Autcross in his 20 minute interview thingy. It's part of the career, one of the multiple types of events you can choose from.

I would LOVE to hear that autocross is back. Its one of the features I have missed since Forza 1. In fact I was within the top 10 in the world on several of those tracks for a long time in F1.

I would LOVE to hear that autocross is back.

Well, it is, confirmed by Dan himself, so it's back for sure. I'm also quite pleased, seems exactly like the kind of grass-roots event one would expect to participate in as an aspiring racing driver.

Back