Autodrive why

• Thread starter Paul cowan
  • 76 comments
Anyone please explain me what „autodrive“ refers to... the thing you get when oausing or the auto-pilot you can activate as a drivers aid?

And !!!!! Let me set up my car and see who
Dude, clearly no one understands what your talking about. Try using a better translating service. Give us something....anything that supports what your talking about. Im not even sure you mean 'autodrive' when you say 'autodrive'

I apologize to the OP and am well aware that English is not everyone's first language. Regardless, OP, your English is so broken that no one is sure what you are talking about. What is your primary language? Maybe someone can translate for you.

I know what he means. I'm not in-game to let you know right now, wait just a few minutes and I'll have the word for you. It's not autodrive, I'll tell you this much. You probably understood that much anyway. :lol: :banghead:

EDIT: ok so the setting says auto drive but it's not auto drive at all in the sense it seems he means. still slower. wayyy slower.

Last edited:
I know what he means. I'm not in-game to let you know right now, wait just a few minutes and I'll have the word for you. It's not autodrive, I'll tell you this much. You probably understood that much anyway. :lol: :banghead:
Can we please test this out?

Im under the assumption that he is talking about ASM

Can we please test this out?

Im under the assumption that he is talking about ASM

It actually said "auto drive". But it really isn't, just heavy braking / steering assist. So I did two laps with it activated, and HALF A LAP with everything off, ABS set to mild. Mid lap I was over 5 seconds ahead of the "auto drive", so I didn't even bother to finish. I mean, I'm not the fastest out there but you get the idea. If the top 10 uses this, then I should be top 1 every god damn time. :D:banghead:

I was thinking ASM as well but I find that's slow as well mostly. I also thought maybe he means auto transmission but that's not faster than manual either in the hand of an experienced racer.

There's something OP isn't telling us.
Really frustrating to not know.
Only OP can clear this up.
Lay off on testing for now.
Let's wait and see.

Going back to the OPs post with the chat with another driver. He’s said he’s a bad driver and the guy responded saying he was in auto drive (pause menu).

But it’s a wild assumption to make, that top ten drivers are using auto drive. Most of the top drivers use no aids apart from ABS so in that sense, you’ve got your facts massively wrong.

I think this discussion needs to be put to bed ha.

EDIT: ok so the setting says auto drive but it's not auto drive at all in the sense it seems he means. still slower. wayyy slower.

This.

He must be talking about steering and braking assist. But as others have said: it's way slower. I didn't realise mine was switched on for about a month after getting the game, turned it off and was immediately faster.

This.

He must be talking about steering and braking assist. But as others have said: it's way slower. I didn't realise mine was switched on for about a month after getting the game, turned it off and was immediately faster.

HAHAHA. In my case I turned it off within 5 minutes. Then I created a US account and never realised it was on. Went racing and thought wow the guys in the US DR E are almost as fast as the EU DR B. I realised later in the day why it was so different :D

Back