Autodrive why

• Thread starter Paul cowan
  • 76 comments
If it's any help, I have always used a controller and have never used autodrive, yet I've been able to finish within the top ten of the Americas region in Daily Race qualifying quite a few times.
As proof, here's a turn by turn tutorial of my lap with a controller that was fast enough for first in the Americas region.

I guess that could mean that I am outside this "99%", but for those who have seen me race it is clear that I'm far from the top 1%.

Its obvious that most top tenners use a wheel/pedals and NO AIDS WHATSOEVER, maybe some use ABS.

Its obvious that most top tenners use a wheel/pedals and NO AIDS WHATSOEVER, maybe some use ABS.
yeah... well...
If it's any help, I have always used a controller and have never used autodrive, yet I've been able to finish within the top ten of the Americas region in Daily Race qualifying quite a few times.
As proof, here's a turn by turn tutorial of my lap with a controller that was fast enough for first in the Americas region.

I guess that could mean that I am outside this "99%", but for those who have seen me race it is clear that I'm far from the top 1%.

I was in a daily race last week and a delivery driver knocked at the door, I put it on auto drive and ran to the door and back. When I got back I had dropped 2 places.
No way on earth do top 10 drivers use it :lol:

I think this is a fallacy testing experiment.

Argument from authority (op repeatedly bangs on about playing since GT1)
Anecdotal Evidence (op says he's seen it, provides third party evidence)
And a possible non sequitur.

Do I get a prize? I want the fluffy unicorn.

I reserve the right to change my mind if convincing evidence is provided.

Utter rubbish. I've just done an experiment and sacrificed an easy win I might add. Just qualified pole at Interlagos Gr4 race. Immediately after getting the car cleanly through turns 1 to 3 I put it in autodrive. After exactly 1 minute a notification comes up that you are about to be disqualified. I also tried turning off the hazards using the normal methods. You can't. By the time my minute of autodrive was done with, I was in 12th place.
After 2 laps under my own control I got back up to 4th. Now, I'm a D rated driver who hits C now and again. If my pace in just 2 laps can go 12th to 4th then why the hell would a super talented S rated driver even consider it? Auto drive exists for those quick unforeseen emergencies that mean you don't have to quit the race and damage your DR and SR ratings.

I think this is a fallacy testing experiment.

Argument from authority (op repeatedly bangs on about playing since GT1)
Anecdotal Evidence (op says he's seen it, provides third party evidence)
And a possible non sequitur.

Do I get a prize? I want the fluffy unicorn.

I reserve the right to change my mind if convincing evidence is provided.
Ooh ooh me too! I'm just fresh from logical fallcy lessons :D
I spot begging the question and ad hominem (not posted by op though) as well :)

I want the Astolfo plushie
Screenshot_2018-03-26-16-10-06.png

I think he meant by adjusting controller sensitivity, and using DS4 controller. Yeah, this game has auto assists for DS4 users...
When cornering using DS4 , the rate & amount of steering is depending on the speed of the car, when we steer fully using DS4 the car will not steer completely, it will steer slowly until depending on the speed...

Or maybe he meant for assist for brakes & steer as well, for DS4 users

Yeah, this game has auto assists for DS4 users...
When cornering using DS4 , the rate & amount of steering is depending on the speed of the car, when we steer fully using DS4 the car will not steer completely, it will steer slowly until depending on the speed...
And what is different using the wheel? You can full lock at 200kmh?

During a 3h endurance race, I took a break to go for a smoke. I was 40 seconds in front of the guy behind me. After my smoke, I was 20 seconds behind him. I am not an alien, I got DR.B and I lose 60 seconds in 5 minutes on autodrive. So I guess you should be a really poor driver before you can go faster than normally in autodrive :P

I don't think it's a troll thread as I think I can recall him from GT3times, but the OP hasn't explained himself very well, as I don't think he means the "put the game in pause and the computer takes over" type of autodrive.

I also don't get the attitude that he's been playing GT since the beginning so he knows what he's talking about.

daan, also of GT3Times.

I don't think it's a troll thread as I think I can recall him from GT3times, but the OP hasn't explained himself very well, as I don't think he means the "put the game in pause and the computer takes over" type of autodrive.

I also don't get the attitude that he's been playing GT since the beginning so he knows what he's talking about.

daan, also of GT3Times.
I noticed when I was changing my steering sensitivity the other day that there is an option for Autrodrive On/Off in the settings menu.. didn't try it but presumably this is the thing he is talking about?

Is GT3Times some sort of publication?

daan, also of GT3Times.

My first GT was GT5, I can’t know what I’m talking about. :(

Evidence?

You’ll be lucky.

I don't quite understand this at all... i had to put it in autodrive for 30 secs and lost 10 secs to the leader and 3 spots on the track

Back