Automation-Car Company Tycoon

• Thread starter alex10798
  • 391 comments
Is this after installing the game? If so then it might be your ram or just your hard drive losing sectors.

A few weeks ago on start up it checked it after saying it might be. Then it's been fine since but I guess this confirms it. It's a pretty old PC anyway so eventually I'll upgrade it. For now I'll continue to use it to browse the web. But nothing more.

Ouch.
If its really bad you will need to re install the OS after wiping everything.

Thankfully I don't use it for anything serious. Although I don't have a backup disc so I'll probably continue using this as a web browser pc until it dies.

Shiny V8 things!

456553_479339118749478_1590920874_o.jpg

458152_479350552081668_976857227_o.jpg

177416_479347698748620_743230988_o.jpg

Full album here - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.473974155952641.128865.152610828088977&type=1

Also for those of you interested in how the tech behind Automation's graphics works, this video is worth a watch

I got V8s.

I've already made the SHO V8 and the Super GT GT500 V8. Sadly, due to the insane Bore and Lack-of Stroke in F1 engines, I couldn't make one. Luckily, once the engine designer reforms are done, I will be able too. (except for the RPM limit, curse you.)

Gogo L6s, Turbos and Boxers!

I preordered this a few days ago, it's definitely got the best concept in non-racing terms of a car game! It does however need support, so get your preorders in!

Edit: basicly if they get enough preorders they can go full time on this game and probably have it out within a year i rekon.

Keen on getting this at some stage. May do so soon.

No one has posted in this in a donkey's age. It's definitely a buy. Just the engine designer is addictive, and there's 90% more game to come.

I cannot wait for release.

No one has posted in this in a donkey's age. It's definitely a buy. Just the engine designer is addictive, and there's 90% more game to come.

I cannot wait for release.

I totally agree. I pre-ordered this so I have acces to the V8's and the turbos. That's a lot of fun :dopey: Also sandbox mode is nice, pushing those engines to their limits. Recently got 2903 bhp out of it but saw a guy doing 3198 :scared: Still haven't found a way to get there, either engine is blowing or not gaining any power at all.. And at 2903 bhp it only lasts a few miles..

Can't wait till I can get my career started. Looks really interesting!

What is Automation?

In the game Automation you will be placed in control of a newly founded car company starting in the post-war era of 1946. You will be responsible for designing your cars from scratch – from the chassis and the engine to its body styling. Your goal is to meet the needs of different markets and various types of buyers. You will need to research new technology to keep ahead of your competitors and expand your company.

While there have been numerous great racing games focused on the thrill of racing, there have been very few about the cars themselves. This is where Automation is different.

Not only will you get the freedom to design cars that look how you want, but you will also be responsible for the technical aspects such as creating your own engines. Benchmark your creations and watch their components in action while you are provided with realistic specifications and performance figures.

Easy to understand descriptions will help you optimise your car, even without prior car knowledge.

Sorry for the bump, but they are releasing the cosmetic body designer tomorrow if you preordered, or next week for free. Design coupes/sedans...no interiors and you can't put engines in though.
@CoolcolJ They are a 3-man team and work in stages. They have made phenomenal progress for starting from pure scratch and do a lot of testing and making sure everything works right and is accurate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Wq7F8hK68

Not sure how many of you have gotten a chance to play the cosmetic demo, but it's really cool and you can make a ton of combinations of vehicles with a fair amount of parts.

Joey D
Not sure how many of you have gotten a chance to play the cosmetic demo, but it's really cool and you can make a ton of combinations of vehicles with a fair amount of parts.

Its a little restricted in the back end because there's no shaping, only size, but still really great...

The most important thing is the business side of things, and AI, haven't heard much about that yet...

That's because it's the last thing they are doing.

It will come and there will be things like market desires etc.

Edit.

My attempt at creating a sports car.
16g9zkg.png

14tphtu.png

Last edited:
Back