Automation-Car Company Tycoon

• Thread starter alex10798
  • 391 comments
Displacement? If you can make a stupidly big I4 then it's not that impossible I guess.

You can make a stupidly high displacement (I think, not played it yet as not pre ordered it I wana try before I buy) but still its quite a feat. Most cars with engines that powerful use v8's.

Last edited:
From pictures I have seen I have seen a 620bhp inline 4 engine my god thats alot of power for and inline 4 without a turbo.

What, like the engine I spent all morning making. ;)

I have seen one with 630hp however I don't see how thats possible since my engine is the optimum possible. All of the specs are along the bottom of the pic if you want to know them.

o6fq.jpg

And also it won't be for mac sorry, someone asked the devs on the games forum.

Only 3.1 liters? Thats a mega engine.

Im going to see when the game is released if I can make a v16 aircraft engine (FI edition gets v16's) which makes 4k bhp+

Oh and when the car designer gets done I am putting the X2011 to shame.

(The above is most likely trash as I will never achieve said things.)

Last edited:
a 3.1L 4 cyl revving to 10,000 rpm+ would have some serious vibration and balance issues, would require some serious counter balance shafts to stop the vibration tearing it apart. Hence the reason you generally don't see 4 cylinder engines that can rev above 2.2-2.4L in size.

I look forward to some info from Automation Car Company Tycoon about some of the business model behind the tycoon part of the game.

Jay
a 3.1L 4 cyl revving to 10,000 rpm+ would have some serious vibration and balance issues, would require some serious counter balance shafts to stop the vibration tearing it apart. Hence the reason you generally don't see 4 cylinder engines that can rev above 2.2-2.4L in size.

I look forward to some info from Automation Car Company Tycoon about some of the business model behind the tycoon part of the game.

Yeah, hence why the engine life is pretty low on that engine. I was just going for the maximum power possible.

How many revs in an Mrev? I don't understand the lifespan measurement.

Is it me or is the site down?

Last edited:
Jay

Yeah me too. I don't want to pay $30 to design engines. If the rest of the game is good I'll buy it but I don't want a $30 engine designer.

Yeah me too. I don't want to pay $30 to design engines. If the rest of the game is good I'll buy it but I don't want a $30 engine designer.

You aren't getting a $30 engine designer. You are getting a preview of a game which is far from completion, which to be honest, barely any game developers would ever do.

Your $30 is the whole game, it just isn't out yet. Don't make it out like they're ripping you off.

You aren't getting a $30 engine designer. You are getting a preview of a game which is far from completion, which to be honest, barely any game developers would ever do.

Your $30 is the whole game, it just isn't out yet. Don't make it out like they're ripping you off.

+1

If you watch the video's there is a car designer too and then there will be some management on top of that.

Web site Y U NO WORK?

Last edited:
Legendary

I never said they were ripping me off and what these two guys have made so far is truly amazing. At the moment I have a fairly limited gaming budget as I'm saving for school again in September. I choose my purchases carefully.

I'd be very interested in the game if the Tycoon part of the game turns out as well as the engine designer has. What I was saying is that for $30 I don't want a great engine designer worked into a crappy tycoon game. That would get old very very fast and I simply wouldn't have any interest after designing a few engines.

For these guys I really hope it all works out and it's very impressive what they've accomplished so far.

CMvan46
I never said they were ripping me off and what these two guys have made so far is truly amazing. At the moment I have a fairly limited gaming budget as I'm saving for school again in September. I choose my purchases carefully.

I'd be very interested in the game if the Tycoon part of the game turns out as well as the engine designer has. What I was saying is that for $30 I don't want a great engine designer worked into a crappy tycoon game. That would get old very very fast and I simply wouldn't have any interest after designing a few engines.

For these guys I really hope it all works out and it's very impressive what they've accomplished so far.

The way you worded it was practically saying "I'm paying $30 for an engine designer. What a rip off."

Just saying.

The way you worded it was practically saying "I'm paying $30 for an engine designer. What a rip off."

Just saying.

Not the way I read it at all.

I agree with him, it looks great so far and it really good what they have done the both of them but before I preorder I would like to get a taste (not in a demo, just info) on the business model of it. After all that is (should be) the core feature of any Tycoon game.

I doubt I will be dissapointed as the last game I have played that this game would be replacing is Detriot which is 20 years old.

theotherspongey

Just saying.

Again not at all. Jay's post I quoted in my original post said he wanted more info on the business side of things. I said me too because $30 for an engine designer is a little pricy. If the business side of the game doesn't work out that's essentially what your buying, an engine designer. Designing engines with no consequences from your creations, or poorly implemented ones, would become stale very fast. As much as I'd like to help these guys out wih a pre order I just can't until we get more info on the business side of things. They've done a great job so far and I have no reason to believe the rest of the game will be any different.

To answer some questions.

Our website is down (sometimes) as someone at our hosting provider needs to be beaten with a stick. (we're working on fixing this)

We plan to put just as much love, care, detail and polish into the business side of things as we have the car side of things, we aim to be a true sucessor to Detroit and Car Tycoon.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions :)

Have theposted anywhere when the expect to be done. I'm too lazy to scan their forums, as you guys may know something.

They are hoping this year I think but they are not certain it depends on whether they get enough money from pre orders to quit their jobs and work on it full time.

We plan to put just as much love, care, detail and polish into the business side of things as we have the car side of things, we aim to be a true sucessor to Detroit and Car Tycoon.

That's all I can ask for, if you pull it off (not doubting) it will be one hell of a game. 👍

I just put my money down. Got the FI edition.

Il try and show you what I create no guarantees though.

How many people are on your team?

If its less then 8 you should find a way to hire more.

Its a 2 man team as I said I think. They can't hire more as they still have full time jobs to fund the project so their first priority is getting enough money to cover their expenses to work on the game full time.

Just tried engine designer (too tired yesturday) And I see this game becoming very addictive when its done I would recomend it even now.

Last edited:
daffyflyer
Car Designer demo in approx 5 - 9 months, complete game in 1 -2 years depending if we can afford to go full time

Cool, thanks for the response. 👍 Your activity on this thread is very helpful.

Who has made an engine like me? Max HP 2.3

Im putting that in my dragster :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: I am hooked on just designing inline4 engines. I think the full game may make me fail uni :nervous:

Sponge how you get it that low? I use knock to get it to 1.6 just not enough to break the engine in testing

Back