AVATAR the last airbender

  • Thread starter Thread starter inferno
  • 6 comments
  • 853 views
Messages
1,128
I just saw the primier of AVATAR on Nick. I guess It's sort of a kids show but It's kinda cool. So, did any one else see it? What do you think?
 
W000T actually pretty cool for a kids show. Only becuase it sounds like something ive read. I like to read that sort of stuff.
 
Wow. This show is awesome. I have seen all three seasons. There is not a single episode that isn't great.

It is a kids show on Nick, but there is a lot there that is not for the average kid.

I think it is very cool how the various airbending styles are based different martial art styles. I also like the pervasive philosophical overtones. Of course it is just a 30 minute show and they never get very deep, but it's more than most other shows.

The artwork is excellent, leaps and bounds beyond most animation. I actually have a collection of images form the show as my screen saver.

The characters are rich and complex and consistent. I love Uncle Iroh. In the episode "Tales from Ba Sing Se" his story is about his son's birthday, who was killed in battle trying to conquer Ba Sing Se. Heart breaking. I actually tear up when I see that one.

I like the humor, too. All in all might be my favorite TV show, definitely favorite animated show.

I'm kind of surprised nobody has posted here on this one.
 
Last edited:
I don't really mind this show either, a lot better than the other crap on the "after school TV (apart from Fairy Odd Parents). I'm not going to drop what I'm doing to watch it, but if I'm flicking around the channels and see it on, I'll stop and get into it.
 
The Totally Rad Show has been recommending this show to its viewers for over a year now, and every time its on, I attempt to watch it... But no luck. I think its something that you have to watch from the start to get anywhere close to understanding it all. Perhaps the DVDs will save me?
 
It is like a soap opera. The story goes on and there are a lot of inside references. It helps to have seen all of them, especially by book three when three seasons worth of obscure references all comes together.

The DVD's are definitely worth it. I'll probably get them.

It's crazy for me to think of this show as "after school TV". I Tivo them and watch when I feel like it.

Is it weird for and adult's favorite show to be a cartoon?
 
It's beautiful... a cartoon that comic-geeks can actually get behind... a lot of friends (all adults, we... :lol: ) watch the show...

I'm waiting to get my hands on a complete DVD set, just to complete the story. Admittedly, there are some kiddish moments, and it is written down a bit to kids, but the depth of the Avatar Universe and the storyline make it worth a watch. :D
 
Back