AWD Drifting Test

• Thread starter LAOBA
  • 12 comments
I've noticed you overuse the sidebrakes.

I come with some AWD experience and I would suggest staying off the e-brakes when you initialize the drift. Try some new settings maybe from the drift settings depot if you feel that the subaru just won't turn.

You won't be able to whole out those drifts in longer turns. They may work well for you in the short run, but I learning the proper method from the beginning will benefit you in the long run.

If you have any questions of settings, feel free to PM me.

-F.I

the proper way to drift AWD is with no countersteer, there should only be a little to exit the drift.

most of those pics on that site, you are countersteering every turn

~Drift King~
the proper way to drift AWD is with no countersteer, there should only be a little to exit the drift.

most of those pics on that site, you are countersteering every turn

I agree. You're supposed to sent the angle up prior to the turn and fly through it. Understeer coming in oversteer coming out is the principle behind awd.

Here's some other runs, It's not perfect, but I'm still learning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OItmOUmFb-0

I like using teh E-brake to set my angle up so I can get the zero counter steer. I'm having trouble drifting AWD when setting up the turn with a wheel dip. I've only managed to do it a couple of times on Apricot. You'll see in the replay and sparks flying which I thought was cool. I just need to adjust my exits. People have been telling me to use the vcd since I'm still at 50/50.

You can set up your angle without using e-brakes...it's more of a technique problem than a settings problem.

I use the power over method to set up my angle, but I make sure I reduce my speed prior to initiating the drift.

I guess practice is the real key.

the 2nd vids actually not too bad, but you shouldnt need an E-brake for tuned cars, specially one that burns out as much as your impreza

I've actually tried out a lot of the settings in the "setting depot" thread.

I guess it has a lot to do with driving styles indeed. The way how I initate the drifts is how I do it in real life. Step out E-brake- gas it steer in, counter, back to zero when the car lines up.

I'll continue to try everyones advice

franco3.gif

drifterboy
how did you get that land cruiser to drift
ive tried the e-brake and it didnt work

I know setting go in a different thread, but any mods feelt he need to remove, Sorry for the trouble

All engine upgrades
2-way diff
stock transmission
stg3 clutch
stg3 flywheel
lighter drive shaft
Race Suspension
Spring rate 3.0 F/11.0 R
Ride Height 90 F / 110 R
Dampers 2 F/ 8 R
Camber 2.0 F/ 0.0
Toe +4.0 F