• Thread starter Azuremen
  • 456 comments
Mega storm post time, yeah!!!

3797517574_a1e1b9bdd1_o.jpg

3797850840_c9e4aca7be_o.jpg

3797033621_2ba9d7af69_o.jpg

3797850964_9a15b5fe7c_o.jpg

3796728807_8b8e1d5c65_b.jpg

Shame the first shot didn't have more lightning in it, that would have been cool. The Lightning in the last shot is brilliant. Great stuff, I've tried to take a few shots of lightning in the past and it's a real pain waiting for it so I can appreciate the effort.

Excellent lightning on the last one, we never get enough at night around where I live to give this a real go. Always seems to rain at the same time.

Good stuff.

Scaff

That's really really nice! I checked out your others on Flickr and they are great too.

Thanks... 2 months late :lol:

Recent pictures from wondering around campus today when a class was canceled... Click for flickr page and higher res option.

Great stuff Aure, 👍 The second shot I could see doing well being sold on a stock site.

Thanks! Not sure how to go about talking to a stock sight, though surprised any of my stuff would have commercial value. :dunce:

View from my roof top earlier this year. Just a quick processing of it...

Click for fullsize

And another one from my regular drive up to Spokane...

Click for 5000px wide version...

Again, slightly rushed processing because I really don't want to adjust each raw file...

A few from my California trip a while ago, I'll add more as I upload them to flickr over the week.

Click to go to the Flickr page...

Nice images.

I'm so glad you've kept the detail in the cloud with the first shot. 👍

The second has to be my favourite though, nice muted colour and well exposed.

Quick question for you guys... do my shots seem dark normally? Like, exposure wise? Often times when I look at my work on other people's computers, I find most of the detail lost in the shadows that I have just barely brought out on my work machine... I write it off as most people have their displays set to a dim setting, but figured I'd ask for your inputs.

Something as simply as the angle will change the brightness. Most normal people probably never mess with their LCD settings and they probably don't know the right angle to set the screen to their face. I just set mine so everything looks right with the factory settings, I'm not into it enough to get some tool to adjust it perfectly because when I lean back it's gone all wrong again.

Quick question for you guys... do my shots seem dark normally? Like, exposure wise? Often times when I look at my work on other people's computers, I find most of the detail lost in the shadows that I have just barely brought out on my work machine... I write it off as most people have their displays set to a dim setting, but figured I'd ask for your inputs.

They look a tad dark but it fits well with the pictures so it doesn't detract from the overall image at all. But then again I like slightly darker photos for that noir look.

The last four posted shots are really nice dude. The misty mountain is especially sweet. Nice merging on the big pano shots as well. Very well done.

Couple of recent shots.... fiddled with the colors for a while.

Click for large sizes (1800pixels wide)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back