Azuremen's photos - Spring and Summer vibes

• Thread starter Azuremen
  • 456 comments
Really cool stuff! What sort of metering are you using? Sunny 16 rule?

I haven't thought too much about zone systems since I started shooting digital. For situations such as these, I generally bracket a few stops and then just pick the one I like the most. Of course, this has fiddling with the curves and some burning and dodging work done to it. Some adjustments to saturations and luminance as well.

Well, I've not been to active sense I was informed they didn't like my shots for their calendar. Bah humbug.

Anyhow, I got a touch bored and creative tonight, and have produced this.

Well, I've not been to active sense I was informed they didn't like my shots for their calendar. Bah humbug.

Sorry to hear. Their loss, it's an amazing shot. I also dig this last shot. Not entirely sure what I'm looking at but I think that's half the charm of it.

Sorry to hear. Their loss, it's an amazing shot. I also dig this last shot. Not entirely sure what I'm looking at but I think that's half the charm of it.

A Yazi vodka bottle, with a bit of high lighter in it. 8 second exposure with a Violet/UV laser pointer illuminating it. Then made black and white in Photoshop.

Fiddling around with my desk and the 50mm again. Been cleaning up...

Some recent photography, finally.

Click to jump to flickr, larger resolutions to be found there.

let alone his nails, his hands are so terse and tender!!!

and I also like the first one. The blues are awesome.

OMG that last shot is so soft. What was I thinking? (I probably wasn't sober)

Anyhow, I got bored and have produced more stuff. Imagine that. Anyhow, since we now have an auto resize, I'm going to post a panorama because I can.

RKM8L.jpg

Lazily assembled from jpegs.

As for these, click to view on a dark BG over at Flickr.

You have so many rolling hills it's unreal! I think the first would of been better during the golden hours though. I really like the second one.

I can't believe the clarity on that little doggie and the clouds are captured very well in the last one.

Yeah, I was very happy with how both came out. And I really was working to preserve detail in those clouds on the second shot.

You have so many rolling hills it's unreal! I think the first would of been better during the golden hours though. I really like the second one.

I agree, but it was just too long to wait up there for sunset to come around. I should have a chance to head up there again later in the summer, ideally with more time on my hands to do work around sunset. Hopefully with my whatever new camera I decide on as well.

New camera means new shots. And it has put me in a mood too.
Click for dark background

Mist

Snus

Sidewalk

Pretty strong set Cody, the first and last are particular favourites. It's interesting how a change in camera can breath fresh air into the hobby at times.

Thanks guys.

So I've gone back and reproduced a shot from years ago. Even posted some words about it on the flickr page :lol:

5D Mark II Version

Minolta X-700 Version

Woah, haven't checked this thread out in awhile. Some seriously impressive stuff here, everything is so crisp it's hard to believe! The first shot in #76 is really cool, but everything is really good here. I couldn't do anything like this!

The latest update is cool too, really like the idea behind it. Both images have quite a different feel too, which just highlights the differences between film and digital. Top work, keep it up. 👍

Woah, haven't checked this thread out in awhile. Some seriously impressive stuff here, everything is so crisp it's hard to believe! The first shot in #76 is really cool, but everything is really good here. I couldn't do anything like this!

I don't think you realize how many shots I take that don't turn out :scared:

But thank you.

The latest update is cool too, really like the idea behind it. Both images have quite a different feel too, which just highlights the differences between film and digital. Top work, keep it up. 👍

I think part of the difference is because I went a bit too far with the contrast.

My friends walking back to the camp site. Just really liked the feel of this shot, but it is a bit too soft I blame the Rebel.
6hxKu.jpg

nice pics 👍, I really like how the screen is reflecting off his sunglasses. Nice touch

Dude, what's with the horses in that VW Golf picture? Please explain, because if that isn't some kind of sculpture or PS, that's great. 👍

Dude, what's with the horses in that VW Golf picture? Please explain, because if that isn't some kind of sculpture or PS, that's great. 👍

It is a sculpture. Running Horses at Vantage will find more on them for you.

The shot with the green and brown leaf is great 👍 I like the simplicity.
The human photography is neat too, I like how you've captured their expressions

Fantastic shots, I've already fave'd a few on flickr. The blue M3 really catches my eye (and makes me badly want one, too...)

Latest Posts

Back