B-Spec - Absolutly rubbish driving.

• Thread starter GamerHugo
  • 165 comments
General situation:

Bob in nice fully tuned Gallardo kicking some butt in Sunday Cup;

Comes up to inferior Suzuki Alto;

Well, I won't tell you what happened, but I'm sure you can guess from what I said:

Me: GET IN FRONT OF HIM YOU RETARD! YOU ARE IN A F:censored:ING LAMBO AND THAT GUY IS IN AN ALTO! OVERTAKE! *Press overtake, Bob rams Alto* AAAARGH! OVERTAKE! THERE IS A GAP THE SIZE OF YOUR MOTHER! I HATE YOU! YOU'RE FIRED! GO AND DIE IN A FIRE! YOU SUCK! CRASH! CRASH! DIE! I WILL PERSONALLY MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE NOT REINCARNATED!

True dat.

My BOB is at Level 26, yet cannot finish any Extreme races other than Like The Wind or the European race without needlessly pitting multiple times...even on "soft tires". It's BS! :ouch:

I actually had a great Bob before I lost my original save and had to start over. He won every race unassisted. Temperament just to the hot side of things, which seemed to work well. I used whatever the best tires the race allowed were and for the early races gave him overkill cars I had from A-Spec.

Now watch me make a new one and have him drive into the wall 600 times... :dopey:

In the early stages of the races, pace down then pick your moments to overtake. It's all about balance and timing. Then once in front maintain pace halfway between hot and middle.

Hey there fellas!

Uhm.. how should i put this? ...
Im getting my arse handed to me in the so called Lightweight K Cup.. I've been running this one like 20 times and the best my "driver" could do was 2nd. Im driving a Wagon R RR tuned to about 96 BHP which is basically 1/3 more than the opposition, should be an easy victory but this D. Hodge guy doesnt seem to be able to overtake, he's level 4 and its a level 1 race... so annoying >_<

You guys got any ideas? Should i go for a new car or something?

Cheers
Fully tuned and RM'd Cappuccino EA21R. Easy win:sly:

I'm having the hardest time in the British LW, I've tried the McLaren F1, Lotus Evo, now in the 111R RM...........

whoever designed B=Spec for GT5 ought to be shot, GT4 was way better, why the hell didn't the keep the hurried up version vs this ole BS we have now.

Hates off for the game but B-Spec mode needs serious renovations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me how does a car that has 820 HP get outrun by one having 190, I know tires, weight, blah blah blah in the real world this doesn't happen!!!!!!!!!!!

Claybird
My BOB is at Level 26, yet cannot finish any Extreme races other than Like The Wind or the European race without needlessly pitting multiple times...even on "soft tires". It's BS! :ouch:

Did you set your pit strategy too high? 10% is plenty, any higher and they might pit up to every lap.

In my experience anyway.

(old thread I know)

I usually pick the extreme hothead side of the personality spectrum. They are more aggressive and will overtake on there own without my input. At a lower level the hotheads are a bit more problematic than the coolhead bobs but when they get higher levels they just destroy the field in even a lesser car than the rest of the field.

I've found that the key in beating the field in a lesser or equal car with Bobs is timing. If Bob is at mid temperament or even in the red he will over take any computer opponent if they are not in a ridiculously faster car. Case in point the 4 hr Nurb. I use an Amuse 380 Superleggera. I am able to pass both the Audi R8 and Amuse S2k as long as my Bob is at full boil and they are at full chill or even mid point. The Superleggera has no chance to pass em on equal terms. So if you time your commands just right you can help Bob beat better cars.

If Bob is coming up on a car his temperament rises quicker than if you hit "increase pace" while he is by himself. So when this happens you can hit increase pace to quickly gain the advantage and then soon as the "increase pace" you just hit wares off hit "reduce pace" immediately to level out his temperament a 1/4 or 1/2 way between mid temper and full red. I've got the timing down really well and I rarely have a problem with bobs. Obviously as the bobs get better this technique will be implemented better since the bobs will listen a little better. I would imagine this would work with mild tempered bobs. All of mine are extreme hotheads as I love the aggression they exhibit even in the chill zone.

I have a level 29 b-spec bob, and I have noticed a few things about him.

a) One, for me, I ran him in my x2011 proto from the start. Interestingly enough though, as most b-spec bobs don't understand how fast you can tun in those things, I think that he only spun out twice.

b) The best way to level up fast is to get him to level 10 in a proto or whatever, and then grind some seasonals using him.

c) I'm a idiot, because the only reason that I didn't just buy the Citroen Race car was because I didn't want to pay for it, so seeing this, I spent three hours leveling up my b-spec man to level 26.

If you though your B-Spec Bob is going to get better, wait until you see what my bobs did at level 24 and 33.
picture.php

picture.php

Shame these are the same Bobs that won the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the 24 Hours of Nurburgring for me with fair untuned cars :lol:

I hate bobs for 1 reason. You have so much power
And he goes SO slow around corners. And if crashes he waits for people to pass him then slowly recovers from the accident.

I feel like Jermy Clarkson because.... Power is everything.

For the first race I cut him loose on Autumn Ring Mini in a tuned 600hp Viper GTS. He turned it into a drift event. I have a totally hot-headed driver, so I guess that didn't really help.

The second time I gave him a 414hp Evo VI GSR. He took to it like a pig to mud. It seems that at a lower level at least my personal B-Spec J. Hendrix was much more capable of performing in an AWD car that had moderately high horsepower. So a Skyline, Evo, STI, etc. would likely be a good choice for the first few B-Spec levels.

Same, but the driver was C. Montoya and I gave him a C63 AMG and he treated the poor bronze thing like it was a drifting event at Jacksonville when it was racing at Tokyo on the first lap. He was as cool as can be at the 3rd lap, so he didn't drift at that point. Also smoke came out of the tires ALL THE TIME.

Back