SJ01HQf.jpg

• Setups are Due before the countdown Timer Expires
    • This information will be added to the first post

Practice
<Countdown Timer>

Qualifying
<Countdown Timer>

Race (78 laps) - LIVE* on twitch.tv/alphicah

<Countdown Timer> (11AM New York City, 4PM London)

*Notice the event begins as soon as the countdown timer reaches zero.

Strategy Options

• 3 stops
  • 2 stops
  • 1 stop
  • Do not use Exprerimental Parts
  • Experimental Parts LVL 1
  • Experimental Parts LVL 2
  • Exoerimental Parts LVL 3
Circuit de Monaco, Monaco
2.074 miles / 3.337 kilometers

Tire Wear: HIGHEST

monte_carlo.jpg

Preview Lap

Race Preview

>>> Bahrain Team Principal Post-Race Press Conference <<<

Two wins in a row now and your car was quick enough to pass the McGill Racing machine seemingly at will - is your team now the clear favorite for the championship?

"It is still very early in the Championship, but things are certainly looking very positive! It was great to see us going to wheel to wheel with our rivals finally and even better to see us come out on top, but I don't think that makes us a clear favourite. We'll keep taking it race by race and hope to keep extending that lead.

Alonso has one of the bigger contracts out there. Has his pace been worth it, at least so far?

I think so, but it is difficult to tell without putting a second driver behind the wheel of our car for comparison. Fans will always say the car is better before appreciating a truly great driver, but it certainly seems like we have a true great behind the wheel who still has a lot to deliver.

Do you think the new tire rules are helping or hurting the racing?

Helping, definitely. The wear is still too low to ever consider the 3 stop strategy, but the mix between needing 1 or 2 stops to reach the chequered flag first makes for interesting races. We were nervous in the opening stint of being caught by someone trying the 1 stop here.

Looking ahead to Monaco, you've won the race the past two seasons, does that help your confidence or do you see the race as a toss up, as some do?

We certainly have a lot of luck around this circuit, but a lot will come down to exactly that. Even here today you see what affect coming up against traffic at the wrong time can do. If our single lap pace is as impressive going into the race, we'll hope the clean air favours us and takes some of the luck in our own hands!"
Second place and Hockenheim did it on track with a late pass on Valterri Bottas. Surely you must be ecstatic about the pace the car is showing?

I'm thrilled, the whole team were jumping up and down on the pitwall when she made the pass! Our pace was a pleasant surprise, I didn't expect us to make such a big jump forwards from China. To be genuinely fighting up front on the same strategy is a huge step for us. It wasn't until the second pitstop that Alonso started pulling away, and Sara was able to catch, pass, and build a gap on Bottas. This is closer to the front of the field than we've ever been, and we'll be looking to close the gap even more.

Was the decision to build your team around Sara Hockenheim the right choice?

I knew it was a risk from the start, but it seems to have paid off. Signing Sara allowed me the opportunity to focus on the engineering department, which is more advanced than any other team on the grid. That in turn has helped the team grab a couple podiums early on, so as of right now I'd have to say I made the correct choice. Plus, her cookies are amazing!

Your cars have finished on the podium in FBS 9 times. When will the team finally finish on the top step?

That stat is both good and bad, isn't it? Without reliability playing a part this season I'm going to have to close the gap to Team Pezzarinho through setup, which is a daunting task. I've got it down to 4 tenths, and I may have finally figured something out in the setup that should help me close that gap. Hockenheim, Spa, and Monza seem the best chance to get a win this season, but everything will need to go perfectly.

Looking ahead to Monaco, how do you see the race playing out, what will make the difference in winning or losing?

Traffic management. Whoever gets the cleanest lap in qualifying will be on pole, and whoever ends lap 1 in the lead has the best chance of winning. That said, pitstop timing is going to be crucial. Getting caught behind a slower car on your outlap could easily ruin your race. I expect the Honda teams, in particular StarTec and Tsuchigami No Kyojin, will be giving Team Pezzarinho and McGill Racing some trouble this weekend. From a personal standpoint, Monaco is likely to be the end of the podium streak. While Bahrain was perfectly suited to the our car, Monaco is the absolute worst track for it. We'll be aiming for points, not a podium.
Third place. A podium, but for a team that expects to compete for the championship are you happy the bleeding wasnt worse or are you disgusted with the result?

Disgusted with the result.

After Bahrain do you feel you now have the third best car on the grid? It looked so dominant in Australia but only set the 3rd fastest lap in Sakhir.

No I think after a few upgrades we can be closer to our pace in Australia.

Team Pezzarinho already has a full race lead in points over you. How much does this concern you?

It's concerning but we still have a long way to go.

Looking ahead to Monaco, do you feel that style of track will suite your chassis and engine combo or do you expect to struggle?

I think the chassis and engine will be a good combo for Monaco.

FBS is introducing "Experimental Parts" as a new strategy option. Some may be aware that this was initially meant to be part of the championship from the beginning. However concerns over too many retirements due to the combination of car failures and contact would be too great. Now that it seems contact is not creating as many retirements as feared, the "Experimental Parts" strategy option has been reinstated beginning with this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix.

Options are:

Do not use Experimental Parts

= 95% Reliability
= Car Performance stays the same

Experimental Parts LVL 1
= 85% Reliability
= +7 horsepower and -2.5kgs

Experimental Parts LVL 2
= 70% Reliability
= +14 horsepower and -5kgs

Experimental Parts LVL 3
= 55% Reliability
= +21 horsepower and -7.5kgs

You must commit to using experimental parts or not before the start of each race! You can commit to experimental parts before practice and qualifying, but once you commit there is no going back.

Hopefully this new strategy element increases the excitment for each Grand Prix.

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

Last edited:
I have to do a fresh install of Windows, which means the HDD is going to get wiped. Im in the process of copying all the files over to another PC before wiping the slate clean and starting again. Im not sure how long that will take. And then I have to reinstall everything, make sure it works, etc etc etc.

Just a matter of time

I have to do a fresh install of Windows, which means the HDD is going to get wiped. Im in the process of copying all the files over to another PC before wiping the slate clean and starting again. Im not sure how long that will take. And then I have to reinstall everything, make sure it works, etc etc etc.

Just a matter of time
Take your time man, we're in no rush. 👍 :)

Bottas Leads Monaco Practice Marred by Serious Accident

GBsiUn2.jpg

SsDK6yN.png

A serious accident involving Sebastien Ogier resulted in the driver ending up in the water at Monaco. Ogier made a mistake in the high speed chicane which resulted in the car getting airborne, where it struck a statue outside the track, and then the car ended right-side up in the water. Emergency personnel were nearby and reached Ogier quickly and helped him get free of the car where he was airlifted to a nearby hospital for observation.

jnTrVpz.jpg

hRZ9zNu.jpg

The accident happened roughly 30 minutes into a 40 minute practice session. After the accident the session was red flagged and not restarted.

Bottas was quickest with Alonso right behind. TRB Motorsport had issues with the car for the entire session resulting in Olivier Pla being unable to turn even just one lap.

Qualifying
<Countdown Timer>

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

STARtec Developments Statement
Monte Carlo - We have received information that Ogier is in great condition after the incident that occurred in today's practice session, and is only just a bit shaken up. He did hit the wall at a high rate of speed, enough to send him over into the water, but has been carefully observed by the medical teams and is cleared to race for the weekend.

Ogier said this after being released from the care center.

"It reminded me of my rallying days! It was pretty hot too, so the water bath was pretty refreshing. Shame about the car."

To watch a wreck like that happen on the monitors was an extremely scary sight to see. Watching a crash like that reminded me WAY too much of some of the things that I watched happen at Okutama... not things I wanted to remember.

It's good to hear Ogier-san is okay, though~! If I see him wandering the paddock, I know for sure who I'll give a big hug to. STARtec and my team may be rivals, but we're also friends and need to look out for each other too.

We followed the schedule as we meant to, we were about to start qualifying runs but we saw Ogier's accident and immediately stopped everything.
Seb is a bit shaken up but he's fine, I'm sure he'll be at the starting grid

"It's always a horrible thing to such a scary accident take place, especially one of the type that occurred in the free practice. We here at Okuma Motorsports were holding our breath (much like Sebastien), and were very thankful to see him helped out of the car. We are very glad that he his okay and all cleared for qualifying and the race.

"On our side of things, 4th place is a great result, especially when we're less than one second back from the blisteringly fast Ferraris of McGill and Pezzarinho. Hopefully, come tonight we should be able to put some quick times on the board and maybe be in contention for a top 3 in the session. For the race, we're also hoping for a podium finish, because we know we're that close. The Honda chassis are really good here this weekend so far, so hopefully that will continue into the weekend."

"We will feel like a Top 5 is possible here it's going to take a lot of work though."

Bottas Runs Away With Pole As Jordan Taylor Takes a Dive

x2IGlYn.jpg

EQYxw43.png

One time is a coincidence but twice? FBS is looking closely at the turn 14 & 15 chicane that has resulted in two large accidents, that resulted in each driver clearing the guardrail and ending up in the water.

Onboard cameras showed Jordan Taylor turning in too early on the entrance of the chicane on his out lap, glancing off the inside barrier and then striking the outside barrier hard enough to dislodge the right front tire and suspension assembly. The car then careened across the track on its side where it hit the guardrail and flipped over into the water where an emergency crew was stationed.

"This is the third year FBS has held a race at this exact Monaco circuit, in this exact configuration. This is a new phenomena that did not show up in prerace simulations. We will look into every possible solution, even the cancellation of the event."

Up front Valterri Bottas managed to go three tenths faster then his practice time, but Alonso only went 5 hundredths faster. TRB Motorsported rebounded from a disastrous practice session to qualify 7th. Kamui Kobayashi made the biggest jump of all drivers, going from 13th in practice to starting 6th on the grid.

Sebastien Ogier only qualified 1 tenth of a second slower then he practiced, but it was enough to drop him from 3rd to 5th, behind Sara Hockenheim. The Wild Card driver in all of this is Takuma Sato. The fastest Honda team was still nearly 1 second adrift of the top, but if Tsuchigami no Kyojin can keep pressure on the leaders anything can happen, especially here at Monaco.

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

Monaco Grand Prix Results

Takuma Sato Breaks Through for Honda to Win Monaco

lW5VS3Q.jpg

36P5RoM.png

IODEqmo.png

Tsuchigami no Kyojin pulled off the upset in Monaco to break the win-streak of McGill Racing and Team Pezzarinho.

James Hinchcliffe was involved in an accident on the first lap and had to pit which set him back for the entire race. The big story on the first lap was Valterri Bottas slowing in the tunnel on the very first lap due to a failed suspension component (2.15 in the video)

Alonso inherited the lead with Sato stalking him from a distance of 3-5 seconds. Sara Hockenheim ran 3rd early but the 1 stop strategy of Hockenheim and Alonso appeared to be their undoing. The strategy buried Hockenheim deep in the field. It only got worse when late in the race Sebastien Buemi's engine exploded into a fireball. Hockenheim ended up crashing into the stopped car and had to pit for repairs (1:30.30 in the video). Sara settled for 8th position.

Alonso's pace slowed greatly late in his first stint which allowed Sato to catch him and make the pass for the lead (52:30 in the video).

Jahgee GP had struggled mightily throughout the season but turned in a strong performance in Monaco, finishing 5th. Jordan Taylor battled back from starting last to finish 9th. Amber Sebringson, the only 3 stop car, finished 7th.

Sato's drive for the win was nearly flawless outside of an incident late in the race where the driver made contact with Katherine Legge (1:25.15 in the video). Legge went airborne and spun out and was able to continue. Race officials are investigating the incident to decide whether action will be taken.

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

"That one's on me. I forgot to check the wear characteristics of the circuit and chose the wrong strategy. Unfortunately, that means our chance of a top 3 in the championship is over. We'll spend the rest of the season chasing our first pole and win, but that's all wishful thinking at this point. Congrats to Tsuchigami no Kyojin on their first win. Yet another team to beat us to it. *Sigh.

Sun. Jul. 24, Monaco - After a horrific accident in qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix, the Okuma crew rebounded to a 9th place finish throughout the mass chaos during the race. Jordan Taylor said the following about their performance. "I mean, I'm a water guy, I live with a lake in my backyard, so crashing into the Monaco bay was actually a really cool experience. It wasn't great for the team or the car, but I think if we can make some additions to the chassis, it could become a really really great submarine. Anyways, I'm really happy we were able to rebound back to a top 10 finish in the race. We could've been much further up the order if we hadn't started dead last, but here's to the next race. I know we have the performance to get a win, we just might need to experiment with some new things." Taylor also gave an opinion on the result of Jahgee GP and Daniel Suarez. "Pure luck. That's all. They're slower than a rock and have held up everyone all season. Really a hazardous threat to everyone on the track, if I must be honest. It's just the pure luck of Monaco."

German Grand Prix
July 31st, 2016

1XSBGV3.jpg

• Setups are Due before the countdown Timer Expires
    • This information will be added to the first post

Practice
<Countdown Timer>

Qualifying
<Countdown Timer>

Race (45 laps) - LIVE* on twitch.tv/alphicah

*Notice the event begins as soon as the countdown timer reaches zero.

Strategy Options

• 3 stops
  • 2 stops
  • 1 stop

• Do not use Exprerimental Parts
  • Experimental Parts LVL 1
  • Experimental Parts LVL 2
  • Exoerimental Parts LVL 3
Hockenheimring, Hockenheim, Germany
4.240 miles / 6.823 kilometers

Tire Wear: LOW

Hockenheim_Old.jpg

Preview Lap

Race Preview

FBS moves from the slowest course on the calendar to the fastest, the old Hockenheim circuit. It will be interesting to see which cars perform the best on such a high speed circuit. Hockenheim is such a unique circuit, will we see a car up front thats not normally use to being there?

Sebastien Ogier enters the race weekend just 7 points adrift of Fernando Alonso, but can the Honda powered driver stand a chance at this type of racetrack?

Race Control News
---- Takuma Sato has been given a 5 grid spot starting penalty in this race for what race officials deemed to be avoidable contact with Katherine Legge in the Monaco Grand Prix.

---- You can now change your Experimental Parts level as many times as you want, ONLY IF you increase the level. For example you cannot use experimental parts LVL 2 for qualifying then downgrade back to LVL 1 for the race. But your can go from LVL 1 in qualifying to LVL 2 in the race if you so desired.

---- FBS apologizes for the lack of sound in the Monaco Grand Prix broadcast. The settings for streaming were completely new and the wrong audio output was selected resulting in a muted broadcast.

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

Team Pezzarinho Monaco Press Statements

Perry Brown:
"I think firstly we need to praise the work of our rivals here in Monaco. Bottas was very unlucky given the practice and qualifying results, Sato took a fantastic and well deserved win, and to see teams pulling together after some horrific crashes rocked Formula B Spec... Our hat goes off to the hard work of others.

On our own performance, we had a quiet weekend by our standards and hope to be back on form in Germany. We lacked the single lap pace of Bottas which we will keep an eye on going forward. Ultimately strategy cost us here and I'm sure there will be people wondering why we opted for the 1 stop race at a highly demanding circuit for the tyres. We rolled the dice chasing the win. Perhaps we will look back to the result at the end of the Championship as having cost us, but we could not come to Monaco and not gamble when we are talking about the race win! It just isn't right that we would settle for second at the expense of entertainment to the fans who watch all of the races."

Fernando Alonso:
"We took a risk with this strategy and today it hasn't worked. That is Monaco. I was controlling the pace, trying to save the tyres, but it wasn't enough and we hit the cliff. Perhaps in future we need to react to events better, but I didn't judge right the difficulty of defending the track position.

For the Championship, third is good but only once. Now I need to build a gap and hopefully win the next race to do so."

Interviewer: "After several races of being just barely within the top 3, your team finally grabbed a convincing win at the Monaco Grand Prix. What are the emotions your team is running through right now, Mrs. Tsuchigami?"

Haruna Tsuchigami, team principal: "I'm so proud of our little team, and especially of Sato-san! To win a Grand Prix at the world-class level on our rookie season is something I could only dream of. I hope one of my daughters names one of their children after the car some day - I want to cherish this moment forever and ever~!"

Interviewer: "Do you feel more teams on the world stage will notice you more now? Your name is big in Japan but obscure elsewhere; has that changed with the team's first GP victory?"

Tsuchigami: "It changed when we publicly revealed the Akagi GP1! But with our name listed among GP winners, it is wonderful knowing we've got even a tiny little place in international motorsport history."

Interviewer: "The winner of the Monaco Grand Prix. Takuma Sato, what was Tsuchigami's secret to bringing you to victory?"

Takuma Sato, TnK x RHGP driver: "We noticed the usual front runners made a few big mistakes we could easily capitalize on. After I got past Alonso with our pit strategy, it was a matter of pushing enough to not let the gap shrink. I'm sorry for running into Legge though!"

Interviewer: "Back to you, Mrs. Tsuchigami. Do you think you might mount a charge for the Championship for the second half of the Season?"

Tsuchigami: "Ehehe~! Come on, you know my answer to questions like these... of course we will! This is a huge breakthrough for all of us, and even if we have a grid penalty in the next race and a massive power deficit to make up in the latter half of the Season, our camaraderie and hard work will be more than enough to keep us in the fight!"

Interviewer: "There you have it, a highly ecstatic team enjoying their maiden victory."

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I think the suspension was too tight for the race in Monaco leading to a suspension failure on the first lap. Team Pezzarinho coming 3rd helps the pressure a bit, but the next race in Germany is a must win which is crucial for us if we are going to win this championship. We will also need to keep an eye on STARtec DEVELOPMENT as the team have had very good, and consistent results. Also, congratulations to team Tsuchigami no Kyojin on their first win.

Edit: fixed spoiler tag.

Last edited:
Back