[B-Spec] FBS Season 3 - Japanese Grand Prix September 4th

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 369 comments
  • 31,357 views
Inside the Allstar Racing Garage, post qualifying. Team Principal Jim Mills and engineer Nate Winslow are having a debrief.

Jim: "What the hell happened there, Nate? I'm pretty sure you said we'd be faster for qualifying."

Nate: "We should have been! I don't get it, we made changes but ended up with pretty much the same time as practice. I don't know how we're going to find a few tenths, let alone a full second."

Jim: "*Sigh* Well, I guess..."

*someone knocks on the door*
Sara: "Oh Jim! Are you busy~?"

Jim: "Uh, no we're just having a debrief. Come in."

*Sara opens the door*
Sara: "Everyone was looking down so I baked cookies! I made lots so don't be shy!"

Jim: "Wow Sara, these are really good."

Sara: "Of course they are, I made them with the most important ingredient: Love!"

*Sara walks out of the room happily*

Jim: "Still think signing her was a mistake?"

Nate: "I've changed my mind. It might be the best decision you've ever made."
 
Sakura Ishibashi, Team Principal: "We have one solid objective in this series, and that is to defeat Black Rose Racing. We failed to do that in qualifying, so we will look at the data and try to out race them tomorrow."

Romain Grosjean, Driver: "The car felt really nice. It was consistent, and it was easy to put up really fast laps. It was just impossible to gain anything more than that 100% the car was putting out from the start. I'm happy. First time on track and we get a row 3 start. Incredible start for sure."
 
Angel's Thoughts On Weekend Thus Far...
"I can't necessarily be upset with our result. Top 5 for qualifying is a great start of the season. Simona drove brilliantly, and we will aim for podium tomorrow."

Simona's thoughts on Weekend Thus Far...
"We've started on the right foot. Missing testing hurt us, but to still be a top 10 team shows how good Black Rose Racing is, and we can't underestimate Blazing Impulse Racing. They made their first laps ever in qualifying and were just a couple tenths behind us. We have a fight to deal with, but I think we can come out on the podium. Very reasonable aim by the team."

Angel's Thoughts on Blazing Impulse Racing...
"It's no secret that Sakura and I don't get along. It doesn't surprise me that their aim is to simply beat us. They certainly have the capability. I find it extremely narrow minded to be focusing on just beating one team when you're in the top 6 teams. If you're that high on the totem pole, you should be aiming way higher, and they aren't. We'll see. I'm not too concerned. We have bigger fish to catch."
 
I'm aware that this is quite late, but may I be included in the future races this season? I've heard from both Angel and Sakura that this is quite enjoyable, and I want to try it for myself.
 
I'm aware that this is quite late, but may I be included in the future races this season? I've heard from both Angel and Sakura that this is quite enjoyable, and I want to try it for myself.
Oh please no. Your setups are going to be the death of me.
 
CZ6yNucWIAAeW_V.jpg
 
Bottas Makes it Three Poles in a Row at Australia for optiongamers

YpXFHQD.jpg


TpMGOBy.png


optiongamers' Cars at the Australian Grand Prix
fx40wmu.jpg



Race (58 laps) - LIVE* on twitch.tv/alphicah
<Countdown Timer> (11AM New York City, 4PM London)


Australian Grand Prix Keys to the Race

Pit Exit - There has been several collisions in the past between cars exiting the pits and going slowly through turn 1 and cars entering Turn 1 at full speed. Expect at least one car to pick up damage after a collision when exiting the pits. This cost optiongamers a sure win in season 2 at this race.

Turn 1 Lap 1
- This is one of the more difficult first corners the drivers will see all season. In season 2 Peasantslayer's car missed the corner completely and rejoined midpack causing a huge collision. Expect things to get rough for a few drivers.

Who to watch

Sebastien Ogier - Was second on the grid a fluke? The STARtec DEVELOPMENTS team hopes to prove they can be a contender.

Jordan Taylor - The Okuma Motorsports driver has been consistently at the top of the leaderboards - until qualifying. Look for the American to charge through the field after a disappointing qualifying effort.

Fernando Alonso - His team butchered any shot he had at the front row or pole, but most would agree that based on outright pace, the Team Pezzarinho driver is the only one who can challenge Bottas for the win. Starting three spots behind the McGill Racing car has made the task more difficult, but not impossible.


@aarror
@AJHG1000
@Angel
@BKGlover
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@Sakura
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2
 
Third go at this, I can't hit the mark with a damn nuke still. Seriously, what the 🤬 am I not getting here?
 
Pg2CTFd.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
My team's goal is to get back to the contending, winning shape of Season 1. Its a Championship I feel I should have.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
At the moment, I can't really think of anything. I would propose this 2015 Indycar mod I found for a future season, but of course I've yet to see anything wrong with this at the moment.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
If possible, I'd love to have it perform the best at COTA. Home race and all that stuff.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
Not sure if I'd call it regret, but I do feel frustrated that I still haven't recovered from being terrible at setups since the end of Season 1.

DmsF2i6.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
To learn more about Grand Prix racing setups. This is an aspect that our team is typically somewhat weaker at, as our specialty focuses on GT cars. We're just looking to get the attention of the top teams in FBS.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
OOC: I want to investigate more on rFactor's upgrading scripts. Talent files alone don't really tell much about a driver's character, but that level of complexity might be more suited to a dedicated Offline Series community rather than trying to cram it into a single thread on GTPlanet.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Suzuka, of course. It's one of my personal favorite tracks... I mean I named one of my daughters after it, after all!!

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
Absolutely not! I'm proud of our boys and girls for building one of the best cornering cars there is. Well, it will be very soon, at least!

HW3jOH1.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
My team's goals is to finish at Top-10 at least;

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
Well, we could do more sports B-Spec, such as B-Spec rally;

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
My team would like to test on the Autódromo de Estoril;

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
No, I don't regret on having bulit my car after the test.
 
Okuma Motorsports Post Qualifying Talk

While Okuma Motorsports have been performing at the top of the time charts in the past few sessions, today's qualifying session saw a change in that trend. The car held relatively the same pace, while many other teams made changes and were able to move up the leaderboard. However, the team has made changes and they hope that they will improve their pace by a few tenths. Here's what Jordan Taylor had to say about today's performance:

"I mean, the car was great, it felt good, and we seemed to have enough horsepowers. We just lost a bit of time due to traffic, and not making many changes to the setup. Come tomorrow I think the car will be faster and we'll be up there competing for a great finish. Also, those Fords better watch out."
 
Also, those Fords better watch out."
Ummm...what Fords? All the Fords I see are behind you, though if there is one I'd like to talk to them about an engine swap 'cause we're as bad as Cosworth was in F1 a few years ago.
 
There will be no press releases from Team Pezzarinho after todays race.
 
Ummm...what Fords? All the Fords I see are behind you, though if there is one I'd like to talk to them about an engine swap 'cause we're as bad as Cosworth was in F1 a few years ago.
They could've still watched out as lapped cars. :p
 
Australian Grand Prix Results​

Bottas Crushes Field in Australia, Earns First Grand Slam Since RACECAR in Season 1

R68VvgQ.jpg

Melbourne, Australia (AP)

McGill Racing's Valterri Bottas managed to do something that has only been done once before in FBS, complete the vaunted Grand Slam weekend sweep. Pole position, fast lap, race win, and lead every lap. Such a feat had only been accomplished once before by RACECAR at Catalunya Spain in Season 1, a race that saw the Dragon Grand Prix car win by a stunning 66 seconds, a mark which will certainly go untouched for a very long time.

For Valterri Bottas and McGill Racing's efforts they received the Jim Clark award, FBS' highest honor, in addition to their race win trophy.

Sebastien Ogier challenged Bottas early but the car was running lighter on fuel with a 2 stop strategy. Ogier finished second, 27 seconds behind the race winner.

For most of the race Fernando Alonso was held up behind Simona de Silvestro. Late in the running Alonso managed to get around Silvestro, but by then it was too late. Alonso finished 3rd, 31 seconds behind the race winner and 4 seconds behind 2nd place Sebastien Ogier.

Towards the end of the race a hard charging Jordan Taylor had caught Sara Hockenheim who was running in 6th place, the last points paying position. Both cars were soon held up by Daniel Suarez which allowed Takuma Sato to make it a three way fight for 6th position. Despite several pass attempts by Taylor and Sato, Hockenheim was able to maintain her position of 6th and earn a World Championship point.

VEhokLH.png


------------------------------------------------------------
mbYLeta.png

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@Angel
@BKGlover
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@Sakura
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2
 
Arrrgg...this is gonna be another long 🤬 season.
 
The 3 stops hurt us each time we pitted.
 
Important Updates

+ I've updated everyone's team page with prize credits

+ Beginning with the Bahrain GP, teams will be limited to 2 new setups per race weekend. As usual teams are allowed to go back and use earlier setups.

+ Information regarding each new Grand Prix will be posted on Wednesdays. This is done to give the winner of the previous race time to celebrate and enjoy their win.

+ You can release a driver from your team. You can only release up to one driver every calendar month. When you release a driver the credits you spent on him/her will be refunded to you. The FBS Championship is a Driver's Championship, so any points scored by a released driver are lost. You can not release engineers, they are permanent.

+ I've noticed the concerns over the competitiveness of 2 and 3 stop strategies. At the Australian Grand Prix a pit stop loses the driver about 20 seconds, counting time lost in pitlane as well as the in lap and out lap. To make 2 and 3 stop strategies more competitive the pit lane speed limit of future Grand Prix will be increased so drivers lose only about 17 seconds per pit stop.

+ Damage sensitivity has been increased by 10%

>>>>Livery Competition<<<<

1st Place = 1,500,000cr*
2nd & 3rd Place = 750,000cr*

*Credits go to winning painter, not team

<Vote Here>

Livery Competition Choices

HQM69yT.jpg
3s9Wy9n.jpg
XGMhhAt.jpg
Ei5hjsV.jpg
Pg2CTFd.jpg
dSt3UGy.jpg
HW3jOH1.jpg
geZfNQG.jpg
Gp4MwpY.jpg
tJNFyC7.jpg
0gneUuN.jpg
Ro9AGjp.jpg
zgg1UbO.jpg
HiZdmir.jpg
TxNMxPo.jpg
IFlQKla.jpg
DmsF2i6.jpg
yEopsYg.jpg
f3ZOrvI.jpg

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@Angel
@BKGlover
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@Sakura
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2
 
Last edited:
Chinese Grand Prix
July 3rd, 2016
_________________________________

k3qMNZi.jpg



    • Setups are Due before the countdown Timer Expires
    • This information will be added to the first post

Practice
<Countdown Timer>

Qualifying
<Countdown Timer>

Race (56 laps) - LIVE* on twitch.tv/alphicah

<Countdown Timer> (9PM New York City, 2AM London)

*Notice the event begins as soon as the countdown timer reaches zero.

Strategy Options

  • 3 stops
  • 2 stops
  • 1 stop

Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai
3.388 miles / 5.451 kilometers
______________________________________________________________


tNWwWgz.png

______________________________________________________________

Preview Lap

______________________________________________________________

​



______________________________________________________________

Race Preview
______________________________________________________________
​


The FBS Championship continues its international tour before heading to Europe. The second stop is China, more specifically Shanghai. Drivers who voiced concerns over the difficulty of passing in Melbourne will be happy to go racing here as the long straight leading into the tight hairpin at Turn 14 should produce plenty of overtaking opportunities.

The teams are currently arriving in China, but we managed to get a hold of the podium finishing team principals before they left Australia.

Does this victory make up for all the trouble your cars have had in the past at Australia?

Absolutely it's nice to have some luck in this race for once.

How proud are you of Bottas completing the Grand Slam?


The team is very proud of Bottas for such an amazing achievement in only his first race of this series. Hopefully we can both achieve more race wins in the future.

The pace of your car is impressive. Is the key to it's speed your setup, Bottas, or how it was built along with the Ferrari powerplant?

I personally think it's a balance between the speed of the setup, Bottas and how the car was built along with the Ferrari powerplant. If the balance is not perfect then the car won't preform as good as it should.

Looking ahead to China, the last time FBS was there your team won. How does that effect your confidence heading into the race?

The team is definitely confident for the race in China and after the recent win here in Australia it only helps boost our confidence.
First race out and your car finishes between the two teams who have dominated FBS, how does that feel?

"I'm a lot more confident in our ability to race now, but now that means that I must continue the hard work. A lot of eyes will be on us coming into Shanghai, so the team will be bustling to emulate the result."

You were the only 2 stop team to finish in the top 6. Do you feel this strategy worked for you as well as you had hoped?

"I feel as if the 1 stop could have worked much better, but I'm glad I played it safe."

It's early, but it seems you have the quickest Honda. Are you feeling the pressure of being Japan's best hope to win the World Championship?

"As said, it's too early. I'm sure the other Japanese teams will be on our tail soon, but we'll totally keep an eye on the others."

Looking ahead to China, are you concerned with the how the Honda powerplant will perform on the long straight?

"A little bit, but it should not be a problem."
After the team hit trouble in qualifying, was 3rd position the best result possible?

No.

Is there a gap between your team and McGill Racing? Or is there nothing between you?

Points, yes. Performance, who knows.

Fernando seemed to have difficulty passing the Black Rose Racing car. Is this an issue that you are concerned about?

Yes.

Looking ahead to China, do you think the course will suit your car, driver, and setup combo for the better or worse?

I just want a straight fight.


@aarror
@AJHG1000
@Angel
@BKGlover
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@Sakura
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2
 
Last edited:
Heading into this weekend's race in Shanghai, Jordan Taylor and the Okuma Motorsports gang have rather high spirits. Coming off of a very decent result last week in Australia, they showed they will be a competitor this season. The car was very quick, setting one of the fastest lap times, among the likes of STARtec, Pezzarinho, and McGill. However, starting deep in the field did not help the team's efforts to traverse the leaderboard. In the end, they came just short of World Championship points. However, Sara Hockenheim's fresh-baked cookies helped the team to vent a little bit.

As the FBS teams arrive in China, preparation is well underway. Okuma has done a lot of work to the car to optimize it for the race in China. We'll find out tonight if the optimization did any good for the team.
 
Alonso on Top as Proceedings get Underway in China

YzhbooS.jpg


--------------------------------------
Results
--------------------------------------

Kjx0IDL.png

Shanghai, China (AP)


FBS rolled out its new advanced timing ahead of the Chinese GP. "We wanted to give the teams more data to help them understand what the cars are doing. Where they are ahead, and where they are behind." The series also moved to a single 30 minute practice session, instead of two 20 minute practices.

Team Pezzarinho at the top of the time sheets wasnt that big of a surprise, but the shakeup in the pecking order behind the lead was noticeable. This was a track where the Honda engine was expected to struggle. Instead the Japanese powered teams placed 3 cars in the top 5. Ford powered cars continued to struggle, with James Hinchcliffe's fastest time only good enough for 9th.

Australia's winner Valterri Bottas placed mid-pack in 9th place. The car had an impressive trap speed, 340 kph being by far the quickest of anyone.

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@Angel
@BKGlover
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@Sakura
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2
 
Wow...I'm not even sure I want to touch the setup after that result.
 
Back