B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Can someone please explain how to open the debug window a little bit more precisely? Or am I just to stupid for it :ill:

Thanks yonis again 👍👍

press & hold shift & ctrl. right click on yahoo widgets in taskbar. select debug mode. start/re-start grinder...

The race id number for singapore/malaysia log-in (same server)...

Code:
Indy	: 11607
Grand Valley : 11608
SSR 5	 : 11609
Rome	: 11610
De la Sarthe : 11611
Tokyo : 11612
Laguna : 11613
Daytona : 11614
Nurburgring	: 11615

From the UK, using the Singapore servers, for me personally, they were:
Code:
24022 Road Course - Indy
24023 Grand Valley Speedway
24024 Special Stage Route 5
24025 Rome
24026 Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
24028 Laguna Seca Raceway
24029 Road Course - Daytona
24030 Nürburgring Nordschleife

So, it appears the race codes are specific to your location, not the server you are using.

if your in GB the race id's are as follows
..snip..

I concur 👍

Just installed this and already have an issue, half of my friends list isn't showing up!

kept relogging and got my friends list working, seems like the server don't connect a lot :/

Edit: Mac users have to open the port on any connectino, I was running it on port 40 by default and it wasn't working.

Last edited:
What most people don't seem to realise is that the PS/GT.com servers are the main cause of most of the issues they may experience when using the grinder.

The answer to a lot of these issues is to test and find yourself a good server that works well for you.

i'm using the program now for a couple of hours and it is perfect.
doing la sarthe over and over.

i'm dutch,... using usa server with id 5569 (haven't tried dutch server yet)

Noticed one more thing. When the driver list is set to reciprocate, the widget seems to ignore the setting for "always use" drivers.

Is this by design?

feature request:
- Select how many drivers to use rather than how many to leave. i.e., I'd like to select 1 driver from each friend.
- cycle through entire list even if reciprocate is selected. i.e., try to use all my friends drivers even if the widget doesn't recognize them as having used mine. Hmmm... I'll have to consider what I'm really asking for and re-post

feature request:
- Select how many drivers to use rather than how many to leave. i.e., I'd like to select 1 driver from each friend.

But the problem with that is that if they only have one driver available and you choose to use it, they will be left with no drivers to use as a host. The whole idea behind leaving 1 free is so that they can still host while being raced. This is why there is a warning when you select: 0

It's working well for me 👍

Like Soniae74, I have the occasional under-manned race but apart from that, it's all good. A donation is incoming for all your hard work Yonis. :)

In some races i don't have a full grid, i only have 5 or 6 users in the always use section.
Some probably don't have enough drivers available, but the widget doesn't pick drivers from the random use section. Anyone else has this?

Anybody tell me how to get the remote widget you guys are all chatting about

Are you serious? Have you read the beginning of the thread? 💡

Adds a hidden setting which lets you pick which race ID you want to use.
Put preferences.preferredRace.value = id; in the debug window, where id is the ID of the race you want to run.

Is this function failing for anyone else? I've tried the UK code (24026) and the Singapore code (116611 11611) and neither are working.

Last edited:
Yeah i have but still don't understand where i get the widget from. Sorry for being thick but do i got it from net using ps3 ?

Well to be honest, no disrespect but you couldn't have read it that well as it clearly says:

HOW TO USE IT
Download and install Yahoo! Widgets (Windows or Mac OS X).
Download and run B-Spec Grinder v2.0 (it's the Widget inside the ZIP file).

I get all that and read the initial link but do do i download the widget via my ps3 ? Yes or no is all Im looking for. If yes, where i go to get it ?
Seriousthick maybe i should be called

Anybody tell me how to get the remote widget you guys are all chatting about

Double-facepalm.jpg

I get all that and read the initial link but do do i download the widget via my ps3 ? Yes or no is all Im looking for. If yes, where i go to get it ?

Download the widget on your computer, then the computer does all the work with your PS3 on in sever standby mode

NO. You download, install and run it from a PC.
("Windows or Mac OS X" was the clue ;))

Is this function failing for anyone else? I've tried the UK code (24026) and the Singapore code (116611) and neither are working.[/QUOTE]

Na its been working fine for me no idea why its failing for you !

Latest Posts

Back