B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
is it possible to start a race using the grinder with less then 15 available drivers in the friendslist? i tried to start races with a secondary psn profil (only one friend with six drivers) but the grinder never started a single race, it only kept telling reserving drivers

is there a trick to start races with a half grid?

i guess the easiest way would be to add more friends but as a lonely wolf i would prefer an other way.

normaly i grind with the main account but none of the 20 friends on my list started a single b-spec race for some weeks and i need moneys for shopping :)

and a big THX to yonis for the tool without it gt5 would be half as interessting for me since i don't have the time to race as much as i would like to fill up my garage with all the mx5s skylines and evos.. :)

It is possible to start races with a non-full grid. Check if there is a number or a question mark next to your 2nd account in your friends list (in which case see the 2 posts above)

Alternatively, you can add me to your contacts, and you shouldn't regret it... (whether your main account, your 2nd account, or both)

tried again with the secondary profile, no question mark in my friends list

the latest entry from die Logfile:

2011.06.15 20:22:10.018: There's nobody to race!
Updating credits display. Difference: 0
Reserving a driver at random. Name: U.Baumgartner Class: 0 Exp.: 30610 Credits: 48,400

i added you to my contact maybe it'll work then

Yonis,

A couple of questions for you. First when we do the debug to only race one race, where does this setting get saved and can it be directly edited without doing the debug? And second I was wondering if there is a way to analyze the logs other than reading the text file. The reason I ask is the frequent grinders could benefit from having some statistics without having to manually scan several files. If possible would be cool. Thanks

Yonis,

A couple of questions for you. First when we do the debug to only race one race, where does this setting get saved and can it be directly edited without doing the debug? And second I was wondering if there is a way to analyze the logs other than reading the text file. The reason I ask is the frequent grinders could benefit from having some statistics without having to manually scan several files. If possible would be cool. Thanks

I was gonna ask the same thing.
Or since the widget already knows how many times others have raced you (with the reciprocate function), could the widget output this information somewhere?

ever since the latest update 2.5.2 my widget disconnects almost immediately...but once I set ps3 to server standby mode and get races going it's good and consistent..not a big issue but just wondering if that's the same for everyone.

I've done some tests.

If you wonder what to do for a newly added friend to be added to the widget:

1 - Go to GT5 on the PS3 and check that your new friend has been added to the list of friends ingame
2 - Close your internet browser and get rid of the cookies (using CCleaner for example)
3 - Reopen Firefox (because it's the best browser :D ) and sign in on gran-turismo.com and check that your friend has been added to your friends list (if not hammer F5 but it shouldn't be necessary)
4 - Force reauthentication in the widget (I believe it is not necessary to restart it during the whole process) and check your friend has been added

"And then it should work
Edit: You may have to wait a little bit (c. 1/2 hr) between step 1 and 2/3 so the servers refresh the data.

As for the "looks like there has to be at least 2 drivers on the contact list", it's because by default the widget leaves at least 1 driver available so your friend can also host races. If someone has one driver only (like your 2nd account), it will never be used. It is possible to force using all drivers available but make sure you know what you're doing in this case.

Last edited:
I had prioritized the "Friends" side, saved and closed. Then I opened it to see if there was a category of Health priority. I changed the criteria for my side. But, at the same time, it reset the Friends side to default.

Can you add "Health" as a criteria for our drivers?

I know it's not your fault, racing LMP1 cars that go 30-40 mph faster is pure bullspit! The Panoz at LaSarthe is a guarantee for last place :(

Last edited:
As for the "looks like there has to be at least 2 drivers on the contact list", it's because by default the widget leaves at least 1 driver available so your friend can also host races. If someone has one driver only (like your 2nd account), it will never be used. It is possible to force using all drivers available but make sure you know what you're doing in this case.

sure, i ment friends not drivers my fault

for the moment the grinder uses some of your drivers instead of mine

Server refused to reserve DerBrandy's driver even though it said it was free.

i'm pretty sure this problem would be solved on its own

note to myself "just be patient young padawan"

I'm back at using the widget, and while I predominantly do this to give my "friends" a run, I also do still want to accumulate money for my main account, not for the drivers already sitting over $20M, though. I guess I've made a similar suggestion before, but if you could option the "Leave at least n drivers free" in the same way you could do it for your own drivers, that would be great. I could say "Leave at least 2 drivers free" and "Balance Credits", and those two spots would be available for friends.

I know, might not be relevant for the large majority of people, but I figured I may as well throw this suggestion in again. Hate the fact it's occupying spots for no other reason than to effectively waste money.

I've noticed that recently, the servers have been quite slow to release the drivers that have just been used.

So if you're using an account that doesn't have many contacts, there is a good chance the grid will be far from full.

Can somebody help me.Log in bar goes to the middle and stops there,no matter which country I select.My country-Bulgaria isnt in the list and i dont know what to do . Everything is fine with my UK account but i cant run the widget on my main account.Please help me.

Can somebody help me.Log in bar goes to the middle and stops there,no matter which country I select.My country-Bulgaria isnt in the list and i dont know what to do . Everything is fine with my UK account but i cant run the widget on my main account.Please help me.

Can you log into gran-turismo.com's "My Home" with your web browser on your Bulgarian account? :(

2011.06.17 20:53:18.383: All your drivers are racing elsewhere!

Yeah, maybe it would be an idea to make it so that you get some message you have to confirm when changing away from the "1 free driver"?
I don't want to have the rest of the options disabled, but just something to make people aware of what changing it to 0 free really means.

I'm not even sure that the problem is that people are now aware of it, but it is annoying..

Really really nice widget though, Yonis. I appreciate your work; it's sparing me for a lot of trouble :)

The 1st time you choose 0, the widget shows a message explaining what may happen.
If you click on 'I know what I'm doing', it won't show up again.

I think the option to choose 0 should be removed.

Yonis?

There are some people who have their PS3 set up on a secondary account to race just their own primary drivers, so that's why you can set it to zero.

The first time you set it to zero, this happens:

0drivers.png

There might be a way for me to see who's using your last driver so you can tell them to cut it out. No promises though.

this was excellent when i first heard about it a while ago, but after the new update it doesnt seem to work anymore. it says logging it and never logs in or is taking extremely long

this was excellent when i first heard about it a while ago, but after the new update it doesnt seem to work anymore. it says logging it and never logs in or is taking extremely long

Clear GT5 cache on PS3 etc.

The widget works fine.

Last edited:
Clear GT5 cache on PS3 etc.

The widget works fine.

thank u. i went to the gran turismo site and logged in and than tried the widget and it seems to be working. i guess since the password changed on the site it woundt let the widget work.

i had this issue come up when someone mailed me about how i was using all of his drivers while using the widget besides setting all drivers to reciprocate and changing the map to always la sarth every other setting was left alone.. I made sure this is how my widget was set up and just had me baffeled

Guys, a question from me...

Why the grinder keeps randomly choosing the events instead of my preference La Sarthe?

I had followed the Widget Debug Mode tutorial from squadjot and chose La Sarthe country code 5569 (US).

Back