B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Completely close the widget, it won't affect you current race. Then restart it, its effectively frozen, its happened to me a couple of times. If you can't close it from the widget, close it from the widget dock. If you still cant close it close it using "end process" in the processes tab of the windows task manager.👍/👎

Alright I'll have to try that.

Saxplayer, Props to you for discovering which server works. Not sure wtf is up with North American servers but my experience tonight is as follows;

Fired up the widget tonight after a few weeks of not using it and adding a couple of new friends.

Logged said friend accounts to http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/ and PSN via website and PS3 several times just to make sure the site's FL (Friends List) updated.

After verifying site FL was updated, logged hosting/mule account in and set to remote race.

Widget was set as before to US server. Widget very quickly goes from logging in to reserving drivers to starting race to race finished. In about 30 seconds. Anyone who's ever used this widget knows that ain't right.

Checked the Manage Drivers window of widget and nothing at all shows up. Check logs, they said no drivers available. Hmm Wonder why.

Change server to Spain and re-fire widget. Acts normally, although has not pulled friends that were just added tonight. Does have friend I'd added a couple weeks ago though. Runs a race.

First race finishes so I reset server to US. Same failure state as before. Reset server to Canada. Same failure. No drivers list and logs reports no drivers found.

Reset back to Spain, re-fire widget, drivers list appears to have updated to include those just added tonight.

Running second consecutive race from Spain server and it even appears to have saved the changes I'd made to the Always Use section.

:cheers: to you Saxplayer!

Anyone have any insight as to what's going on with the North American servers?

BFBullpup
I am able to use the U.S. server as normal right now. Maybe it just had a bad night last night?

Yah, maybe. Will try US server tonight and report back what I find. Spain server has been running all night.

I just tried going from a working Spanish server back to the US and with the typical results, it didn't work. So I'm back to Spain. ¡Hola!

Okay, I need help! Every time I start up the app I get an error, either temporary server issue, monitoring server availability, or session dropped; will retry (but then never retries) what am I doing wrong? I was running grinder the full week some weeks back and everything was fine but then I wake up and it says temporary server issue. I live in Italy but im running on the US server, I have tried the italy server, nothing happens. What do I do?

Okay, I need help! Every time I start up the app I get an error, either temporary server issue, monitoring server availability, or session dropped; will retry (but then never retries) what am I doing wrong?

Most likely nothing. First, if you are on US servers, switch. Preferably to Spain, for me it works the best. Next make sure you have gran-turismo.com loggin in on your computer. If that doesn't work, check playstation.com/psn and make sure they're not undergoing maintenance. If none of this works, reauthenticate the widget, just make sure it reconnects to the internet.

Most likely nothing. First, if you are on US servers, switch. Preferably to Spain, for me it works the best. Next make sure you have gran-turismo.com loggin in on your computer. If that doesn't work, check playstation.com/psn and make sure they're not undergoing maintenance. If none of this works, reauthenticate the widget, just make sure it reconnects to the internet.

I'm having trouble as well, won't login at all. And the maintenance has finished now, so I don't understand what's wrong with it.

I tried Spain in the countries list on the Widget Preferences, but no luck at all.

I'm having trouble as well, won't login at all. And the maintenance has finished now, so I don't understand what's wrong with it.

I tried Spain in the countries list on the Widget Preferences, but no luck at all.

I think it's still GT5, try logging on to gran-turismo.com

Why the widget always starts a race with only one of my 5 drivers?
Tried to look here for the same question / answer but i gave up.too many pages.

Why the widget always starts a race with only one of my 5 drivers?
Tried to look here for the same question / answer but i gave up.too many pages.

You can only use 1 of your own drivers for remote races. Not the widget's fault. PD made it that way.

You can only use 1 of your own drivers for remote races. Not the widget's fault. PD made it that way.

Yes but how come i have 3 friends and the race is between 3 drivers from a friend 2 drivers from another one and 3 from the third and one of my drivers.

I dont really understand this remote race feature.

I saw people with millions Cr in prizes.but my drivers have only thousands.

Yes but how come i have 3 friends and the race is between 3 drivers from a friend 2 drivers from another one and 3 from the third and one of my drivers.

I saw people with millions Cr in prizes.but my drivers have only thousands.

That's just the way it is unfortunately. Get your friends to race your other drivers.

As for 15 million cr cap, it takes a long time to build that up.

It all comes done to community and sharing. If you could race all 6 of you own Bob's, would your really race with anybody else?

CacheMonet
is there a more updated widget then 2.5.2?.. it's been awhile since I've used it and I keep getting 'temp server issue' error...

Try a different country in the widget preferences.

I usually get that error when my ps3 gets dced from PSN or I've switched it to another account and forgot to kill the widget.

is there a more updated widget then 2.5.2?.. it's been awhile since I've used it and I keep getting 'temp server issue' error...

I think the author stopped developing.
If you have temp server issues, try another country.
A lot of people have had great success with Spain for example.

Get the following error.
uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter.

Get the following error.
uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter.
Spelling error on Email or Password... Delete all of it and re-enter slower...
or select another different server location...

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help, My drivers friends will NOT load whatsoever.. tried EVERYTHING i can think of
Logout of all Gran-turismo.com sites. Use the Delete cookies option if you don't have IE but that won't work with IE as it stores data that can't be deleted... so you need to manualy log out.

Use the apps listed above in past posts to Delete the cookie data for the widget OS. and re add the PSN ID.
If it still happens open the DEBUG menu as Posted in the other posts.. and post the error listed in the Debug screen...

I was wondering to use this, do you have to leave GT5 on on your PS3? Or just your PS3 on?

It's probably been answered, but there's a lot of stuff to read.

Cheers

I was wondering to use this, do you have to leave GT5 on on your PS3? Or just your PS3 on?

It's probably been answered, but there's a lot of stuff to read.

Cheers

You have leave the disc in and playing. Here's a complete faq.

Back