B spec score of 7000 = gold

• Thread starter Brangeta
  • 71 comments
Brangeta
-What do the A spec points do??
See Famine's thread on maxing A-spec points - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1489896#post1489896
Brangeta
-Can the Las Vegas drag strip ever be ran in 2 player mode??
no
Brangeta
-Why is that awesome race through the narrow streets of Italy NOT available in arcade mode? Is it available later on? I'm in year 4 on sim mode and I still don't have that race in arcade mode.?
Track unlock dates are here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1459915&postcount=8
Brangeta
-Does arcade mode change at all as you progress through the game?
Every car you've ever owned is unlocked in Arcade mode, whether you still own it or not.
Brangeta
-Can you ever put 2 cars into photo mode?
no, you can do it in photodrive
Brangeta
-Can you ever save 2 player mode or just plain arcade mode replays? I want to save the replay, do the photomode thing and have pics of my car next to my friend's car.
no, you can't save arcarde mode replays
Brangeta
-Is there a way to close/open the convertible top of cars in photomode?
no, the game decides when it will be open.
Brangeta
-Is there a way to watch a 2 player mode replay without the stupid split screen?
no

I've been on these boards for a while now under a few different names. Listen to Duke, he'll never steer you wrong.
He posted a few posts back. Using that as a template for searching, you will almost always find what you are looking for within 3 mins. No matter how odd it is.

Now back on topic, I've got like, 1200 b-spec points so it'll be a while before my guys learns not to hit others in the rear...................in fact, I think I said that last part about a co-worker once who had just gotten fired.......knuk knuk knuk.......!

just a thought... if your B-Spec driver improves with the more points he/she has, then why shouldn't the other AI drivers improve also??

and if it's been said already, I couldn't be fudged reading all the post's.. FYI.. lol

B-spec improves based on many things.. my guy is getting good at using all sorts of cars with the a machine skill of 70, but only 50ish for battle. Still, he will avoid hitting people now... its nice.

And Duke, you da man. I can understand this kinda chaos, and a thread queue... I can imagine that makes life quite easy...

You'll notice a lot cleaner passing once battle is around 50, at about 60, they learn how to brake duel... I'm stuck at 60 atm since I started to knock the driving missions out one at a time...

With track skills, you'll notice the early on coasting to double braking will be gone rather shortly... Then the famous non linear corner lining is also gone after a while... They'll gas out of apex faster and they'll generally run a smoother line with less coasting...

Machine skills is rather subtle in the way they show difference... The B-Spec guy will either drive well or not... I gave him a Skyline with 519 hp and a Viper GTS stock... The Skyline can be driven on 5 for almost 3 laps and the Viper can barely stay on track at 3...

At Infineon, you can always expect them to grab a bit of dirt at the straight after the beginning switch backs at top of the hill...

Current B-Spec is 70 61 60...

I only step in to win what the B-Spec can't... Or whats more fun... B-Spec can be fun too if you use a car thts close to power of the AI grid... There were races where I had to micromanage almost every turn to win by .5 seconds... I actually got an adrenaline rush when I passed for 1st place with half a lap to go and having slower straight line speed...

I have a B-Spec driver just over 7500, and he still slamdances with the best of them. It decreased a little, but not substantially enough that you cant see him ram someone every 2 or three laps, and multiple times within a given lap. :indiff:

A-Spec points = 8423

I've been using B-spec off and on, mainly for when the wife wants me to change the laundry, take out the trash, etc... I have a question about the 'map' screen in B-spec. It shows the order of the cars at the bottom, and every now and then a red/orange arrow appears over certain cars... Does anybody know what the arrow means??

If this info is already out there, somebody please post a link.

Thanks

Todd Lee
I've been using B-spec off and on, mainly for when the wife wants me to change the laundry, take out the trash, etc... I have a question about the 'map' screen in B-spec. It shows the order of the cars at the bottom, and every now and then a red/orange arrow appears over certain cars... Does anybody know what the arrow means??

If this info is already out there, somebody please post a link.

Thanks
Next time you search for it. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1494088&postcount=22

speedy_samurai
All your questions can be answered by using the search function supplied by this forum. Have a nice day.

I agree. Lock all the threads. Close membership except to photomode users. This is not sarcasm or a joke.

This game has been out for a month and many people have 100% completion. There is nothing that hasn't been seen, done, raced, experienced, earned, bought, sold, tuned, won or lost that hasn't been asked and answered on this forum already. In most cases, it has been asked and answered several times. If you have a life, then search. Searching takes less time than posting, then checking back to see if you got replies.

If there is one thing I've learned in my short time here, it's been that this forum does not want to default to a discussion forum. It wants to be strictly Q&A.... and like I said. Everything has already been said.

btw, I will check out the 7000 deal. My B-Spec'er with breasts should surely be at that level by now. I'm pretty sure she still can't drive.

Rx3
I have a B-Spec driver just over 7500, and he still slamdances with the best of them. It decreased a little, but not substantially enough that you cant see him ram someone every 2 or three laps, and multiple times within a given lap. :indiff:

I can clearly see your problem. You mistakenly believe your B-Spec driver is a guy. If you pay close attention to the driver's wrong-place wrong-time aggression, you will realize that the driver is, in fact, a gal. I am working on proof of this by studying calendar dates while racing. Seems there are weeks that she drives more aggressively than usual, which is just plain scary.

I will release the results when the study is complete.

RossoCorsaItaly
My B-Spec is at 0 where it will remain until 100%. I paid $50.00 to enjoy a game not watch some guy go around in circles.

Have fun sitting in front of your T.V for 24hrs, while we do other things.

My A-Spec driver sucks ass. He keeps ditching it in the dirt, then getting out of the car and throwing things at the windshield. I'm thinking about firing his ass.

RossoCorsaItaly
My playstation has this wonderful feature called pause. Which means I can play for an hour, pause, leave, etc.

Regards,
Kevin

Touché, and I'm the one who left my PS2 on for a month because I didn't have a memory card for GT3.

ND4SPD
Touché, and I'm the one who left my PS2 on for a month because I didn't have a memory card for GT3.

Good thing you didn't have a power outage 👍

But if you only play, say an hour, each day, youd have to leave the ps2 on for about a month. To bad they didn't give you the option to save in the middle and to pick up later. Did they honestly think that many people could sit down for 24 hours on one track? I mean, they only have to look at the sales of riddlin to know that kids can't sit still, even through an 8 hour day of school.

Uncle Eddie
good to know...
I'm sitting at about 6800 right now....so that's good news.

I've been B-spec'ing all of the lame races......(lightweight cups, etc.)...I want to race with the big boys!

lol Yeah that's good news because I seriously want to get him to do better!

jdm_ist
I heard that if your B-Spec driver gets enough points, he will start drifting. Is this true or not?

Mine has 8890, 97,87,86 and drive very well but in some tracks and with some cars he don't know what is doing :-(

LoudMusic
My A-Spec driver sucks ass. He keeps ditching it in the dirt, then getting out of the car and throwing things at the windshield. I'm thinking about firing his ass.

Mine too, although I find he drives a little better once he has a few drinks...

You know, when the car pits in b-spec, you have the option to manually take over. Then, when you get tired, pitstop again and you could switch back to b-spec mode. Something for all.

DRIFT GOD
B-spec Skill 8161

Machine Skill 96

Course Skill 82

Battle Skill 79

19,063 Miles

wow you B-spec alot dont you... I think avarage for most people is about
A-Spec: 3500pts B-Spec: 6500pts and Game %: 25-30% thats what you should have at around 25-30%

-TD

MCX
I can clearly see your problem. You mistakenly believe your B-Spec driver is a guy. If you pay close attention to the driver's wrong-place wrong-time aggression, you will realize that the driver is, in fact, a gal. I am working on proof of this by studying calendar dates while racing. Seems there are weeks that she drives more aggressively than usual, which is just plain scary.

I will release the results when the study is complete.

It all makes sense now :sly:

I'm pretty sure the magic number is 7000 when your B spec driver starts passing correctly, but I could be wrong. When I noticed my driver doing better, I had 7002 B spec points, I never look at the status screen so I don't know what the other numbers were. For your reference, here are my current stats:

A spec points: 4463
B spec skill: 7152
machine skill: 75
course skill: 70
battle skill: 70

I don't know why anybody would hate B spec, what i hate is that we can't do 10x mode and get those ridiculously stupid 24 hours races beaten in less than 3 hours. I like using B spec while I am online, eating, or just using a car I really don't like to drive. I hate driving the Ford GT because it has that crappy (over) power(ed) steering just like real life Mustangs have. I can barely keep it on the road because I am used to driving the Camaros in the game and my '95 Camaro Z28 in real life. Long story short, I use B spec mode with that car whenever I use it because I don't like ending up in the dirt.

To go off subject for a second, I recommend you all get a Honda Civic R from the new car section at Honda. That car is really really good and has a great balance with only racing exhaust, sport chip, racing hard tires, nitrous, turbo stage 3, racing brakes level 6, sports suspension, sport clutch, semi-racing flywheel, 0 ASM, and 4 TCS. A real blast to drive in the Civic event race. I drive it A spec mode every time.

Back