B-Specin' 24 Hrs at the 'Ring

• Thread starter Old Geezer
  • 78 comments
Toyota Minolta; front= hard; rear= super-hard; 3/steady; overtake; no meddling with the settings, stage 4 turbo== teh win with no spinouts. :)
My B-spec driver has 7,655 points. I'm lazy work a full-time job, am married and a father of 2 active boys. I use B-spec because I figure if I payed for the game, I should be able to play it however I want to. 👍 I always go back and drive most of the races myself anyway. :)

I would have expected a tougher field on this race, since it is the one where your awarded the F1 GT car... but oh well...

Only switch back to 3x, after every 11 minutes is annoying... :crazy:

Hey everyone, Im also enduring this grucem task .... Im in the race about 40 mins now using the Auti r8 race car... Im running super hard tires and every other pit i keep the front tires as current. Im averaging 3.07 3.08 lap time and am currently first..... Will this last or will my b-spec driver ruin it at the end as i have heard many people say? Im also keeping his pase at 3-cruise

Old Geezer
3'07 - 3'08 ??? Are you sure you're not asking about one of the Le Sarthe 24 Hour Races? :confused: ...O.G. :D

Yea thats the race im talking about. I didnt know which race this thread was talking about. Sorry about the mix-up

Yes i have read this. but only the first few lines.... Im well ahead now i have 2laps over the 2 place and 3 over the rest except the last guy who i have 4 laps over. I still have 23 hours to go so im not going to get my hopes up... last time i used the minalta and got 2nd place with out doing anything.

Hey there guys,

I too ran this race in B-Spec, (damn I love this mode) Using the CLK Touring car (I know overkill sorry Old Geezer ;)) but the race was interesting.

What I have learnt after this race:
3x speed is the best thing since sliced bread
Changing back to 1x speed after each pit is not :(
This is not an all out sprint! There are OTHER speeds on the pace indicator, use em!
Worse part of the race? Waiting to find out if you get some camp coloured F1 car when you win the race!

The thing is I used the F1 car (Blue/Black colour whoohoo!) to race the GT World Championship (again over kill sorry Old Geezer!) and now look at the the extreme races and cant wait!

By the way the end movie was very cool......

got the McLaren colouring for my F1 - White with Black - very sweet indeed - ran the 'Burg in the 88C-V stock and once in the front, let B-Spec Bob race it for me - easy as pie, overkill a LOT!!!

After doing this race countless times with powerful cars, namely my FGT's and Motul Pitwork, I opted to try for a little different and go lower powered.

So I took my Pace Car into the Ring! Gave it R1's front and back as they wear so evenly its not funny, and let him run. Checked it at 16hrs finished and was 2 minutes ahead. This was from leaving him on 3 over night after getting him into the lead. Thats alright. I pumped him up to 4 when I went to work. When he had finished the race, he would have been less than 6 minutes ahead. Very enthralling race, watching the BMW get closer every lap till it pits. But kept me on the edge of my seat at times. Now to do it in a different car. 6 wins, 5 different colours, I want all 10 (or 11) but I finally got my Red one using the Pace Car!

And oh yeah, I used my Red F1 to B-spec the FGTC and won 10/15, quitting out of the others.

I used Volkswagen W12 (RSH/RSH) for this - won by 4 laps (Total 198 Laps, 2nd = BMW M3 GTR Race Car). Average clean lap was 6 min 58 sec, when stuck behind other cars or pitting around 7 min 15 secs.

I was pitting every 3 laps (so only one in 3 was clean). Started at around 9.30am ended up finishing around 9pm (due to not being at PS2 all the time).

I now have a shiny White/Purple F1 car 👍.

DumpValve
I now have a shiny White/Purple F1 car 👍.

Me too...

I ran this in the Mercedes CLK GTR... was pitting every 5 laps... (Cept when I'd left it on mediums and or not enough fuel) and it was fast enough to be left at 1 speed and overtake...

Won by about 4laps and took about 10 hours (Went out for an hour hence extra hour)

I tried my fully tuned Cerbera but the BMW GTR Race car altho slower than me had longer tyre life (Which confused me as my car is lighter, less powerful and doesn't have downforce) so after an hour I realised I wasn't going to win!!

C.

i just b-speced this a few nights ago. I read a while back someone reccomended the Mitsubishi FTO LM car, so I used that, R1 tires, stage 4 turbo, was 660hp I believe.

I ran it on "cruise" speed (2) most of the time to ease the wear on the tires and use of fuel, It could do 5 laps right before using up the last of the fuel and would automatically pit because the tires needed changing as well. This car is AWD so the tires wear much more evenly than the 350z I imagine, the tires never get to the point of getting red (but almost do), and I never had a problem with the car going off the track, probably because I run it slower.

It took a couple pit stops before I would get in the lead and stay in the lead, as the Audi TT LM I was racing was pitting every 6 laps I think. I was only 2 laps up on him at the end, passing him the second time only 2 or 3 laps from the finish of the race.

Fastest lap times were in the 7:00-7:10 range, slowest on laps without pit stops were almost 7:20.

Im sure this car would be more than capable with only a stage 3 turbo, or even stock, but would have to be run on a faster speed.

whats the best car to do an endurance race like 24h la sarthre ?(A car you can buy, or easily win) I'm using a minolta (1200hp) now, and I'm B-speccing it , but I'm on 4th place with 2 laps behind on the 3th car :s

I've tried it with the formula car before, but he was to slow on the straight part and had to pit too much

any help?

greetz

spidey_
whats the best car to do an endurance race like 24h la sarthre ?(A car you can buy, or easily win) I'm using a minolta (1200hp) now, and I'm B-speccing it , but I'm on 4th place with 2 laps behind on the 3th car :s

I've tried it with the formula car before, but he was to slow on the straight part and had to pit too much

any help?

greetz
Hiya spidey! I don't know about being the "Best" but these two got the job done for me:

le Sarthe Circuit 24 Hours I : BENTLEY Speed 8 Race Car '03
le Sarthe Circuit 24 Hours II : TOYOTA GT-1 "Black" / Used

I know others have had good runs "Tuning" but for running B-Spec I left the chassis "Stock."
Good Luck...O.G. :D

spidey_
whats the best car to do an endurance race like 24h la sarthre ?(A car you can buy, or easily win) I'm using a minolta (1200hp) now, and I'm B-speccing it , but I'm on 4th place with 2 laps behind on the 3th car
any help?
I used the Minolta (stock - 950hp) for La Sarthe I and bought the stage 4 for La Sarthe II. What worked for me starting the race with rsh/rsh and changing the fronts every other pit.

What kind of numbers does B-spec Betsy have? If they aren't good, you might as well give it up until she gets better.

There actually appears to be a Sarthe II Glitch. Where the car will run along the wall on the straight, causing you to lose time.

TB
I used the Minolta (stock - 950hp) for La Sarthe I and bought the stage 4 for La Sarthe II. What worked for me starting the race with rsh/rsh and changing the fronts every other pit.

What kind of numbers does B-spec Betsy have? If they aren't good, you might as well give it up until she gets better.

That's a really bad way of doing it... you would be much faster putting a softer tyre on the front that lasts as long as your rear tyres... thus increasing grip and you're changing your rears so you may as well change your fronts!?!

Your techinique will have slowed you down.

C.

yeti
That's a really bad way of doing it... you would be much faster putting a softer tyre on the front that lasts as long as your rear tyres... thus increasing grip and you're changing your rears so you may as well change your fronts!?!

Your techinique will have slowed you down.

C.
If I would have purchased the soft tires before the race, I would have used them. But since I didn't and was a fair ways into the race, I started looking for other options. The front tires on every other pit were still as good as the rears anyway. I don't have lap times, but the point is I won both races with that setup.

TB
If I would have purchased the soft tires before the race, I would have used them. But since I didn't and was a fair ways into the race, I started looking for other options. The front tires on every other pit were still as good as the rears anyway. I don't have lap times, but the point is I won both races with that setup.

I'll let you off then...

In which case it was probably a good techinique.

C.

I did it on March 29, used the Mazda 787B. It kicked there ass, but after a few hours the car became worse and worsen, and to my scare the "miss pits" wich often happens to AI happened to my B-spec, and he ran out of fuel, this costed me a full lap, so i lost 1 lap advantage(10 >> 9 laps) in the lead.

HOW TO DO ( OR NOT DO ) 24Hr RACES !

Im utterly ammazed that none of you seem to have figured this one out for yourselves yet, although to be fair it isn't at all obvious.
If you don't know about this you are going to kick yourself right about now ...

To complete a 24 hr race :

Take a LeMans car ( Bentely 8 Speed or Audi R8 )
Equipp with Medium tyres at the FRONT, Hard tires at the REAR.
Set pace to 5 and overtake ON ...
Once your car has overtaken the pack set pace to 3 and overtake.

NOW ->

Leave your man driving, disconnect the optical cable from your PS2 and television ( if you wish ), but make sure to leave the power on. Go about your daily bussiness ! Come back in 24Hrs exactly and ... Hey, you now have a trophy and hopefully a nice car to show for it as well ;)

Belive me when I say that you don't need to touch a thing ...

Bouyo
Then why do people choose to sit infront of their televisions all day ?
Because they choose to sit in front of their televisons all day.

It's a driving game. People sit in front of their TVs all day, driving.

telfer
how do u get ya car to pit in every 5 laps?
I don't know, how do "u" get "ya" car to pit in every 5 laps?

If you are driving, you just drive in to the pits.

If you are Bspec-ing, you press circle at some point round the 5th lap and he'll pit.

im doin nuremburg 24h race at the mo

using the toyota minolta, 1140HP. seems to be winning with 25,000 ft 40 mins into it.

edit: im loosing my lead on pace "3" :S

edit again: 2:15 hours in and i have a 2 lap lead at pace "3", dead easy buy im gonna be finishing at about 1 o clokc in the morning by my reckoning :S

edit edit: 11 hours in with a 14 lap lead

what happened to me when i was b-speccing my 24-h nurburgring was that while i was wastching a movie with my dad, every 12 minutes i would press r1 and l1+right 3 times, supposing i could gain a couple of hours and have my ps2 off when i'd go to bed.... BUT NO! while watching the movie... the ps2 got stuck on the screen where you get to choose your tires for 73 minutes... the AI had a couple of laps in advance lol, i got lucky and was still able to pass those mofo's pretty easily lol...

Well, i just got done with the "24 hour annoying as crap".....race.
Incase you havent heard this enough...heres how i did it.

I used the Minolta with RSH tires.
At the end i was up 4 laps from 1st and about 12 from last. My main competition was the audi A4 touring car in 2nd. (took the lead about half way through. I later took it back with ease.

So i started right when i got out of school. Let it on B-Spec and checked every ten minutes.
I later then left to my friends house for about 3 hours....watched without a paddle....not that great!
Came back and thats when the A4 got ahead by about 4000 ft. or meters whatever they use i forgot.
Anyways....
then it was about 1:30 and i watched the Latin kings of comedy lol.
love that show.....
Finally my bro came home and then i stayed up for about another hour. I finally went to bed when there were about 3 hours left in the race so on b-spec that would be about an hour. so i showed him how to speed it up and the game would pretty much take care of itself..... i was up about 4 laps already.....
I then woke up around 8 and checked the ps2, awakening to a beautiful red and silver formula gran turismo 👍
I then went back up to bed and woke up around 11 again to start my day....
Awesome

Back