B-Specin' 24 Hrs at the 'Ring

• Thread starter Old Geezer
  • 78 comments
Raced it 7 times now, and have 5 different colours. So far I have won the dark grey and white car 3 times, so I sold the 2 I didnt need.

Pepe is driving a CLK-GTR, and is in hour 17 @ lap147. With super-hards on front and back and just pitting every 5 laps for tires and petrol. So hopfully when i get up for work tomorrow morning i'll have a spanking new F1 in my garage :)

I did the 'Ring 24hr. in an au CERUMO Supra (stock w/ oil change). I first started off the race in A-Spec, went for 6 laps, but decided to reduce my A-Spec stints to 5 laps, because I was sliding around with red tires and spun out at Karussel. Once I headed to the pits, I had Jesse James get in and drive most of the way on pace "3", trading places with my other driver, named after one of my freinds at school. They were able to pit every 6 laps.
A win was pretty much guranteed because my duo was able to keep it steady on worn out tires, whereas Boris Said and Hans Stuck, in the BMW M3 GTR Race Car, always spun out and hit a wall at the end of the long straight whenever their car had worn out tires.

In the end, we won by 3 laps over the two aforementioned drivers. When I got back I had a nice Yellow and Black Jordan F1 waiting in my garage.

WELCOME Infest & torque998! 👍 Good to see some "Kindred Spirits" NOT going for a rediculous Win here...even in B-Spec! :cheers: ...O.G. :D

Well i came home to find Pepe sleeping off the 24 hr ring event, with 1,8xx,xxx credits in my back account and a all white F1 in the garage. Thank O.G im pretty much a quiet person who knows how to use the search feature and google. So this is why i rarely post much.

Infest
Well i came home to find Pepe sleeping off the 24 hr ring event, with 1,8xx,xxx credits in my back account and a all white F1 in the garage. Thank O.G im pretty much a quiet person who knows how to use the search feature and google. So this is why i rarely post much.

oh you lucky bast***, you got the white 1. I hope i will get the white too when i go home later from work. so far i have 4, grey, red, black and a yellow one.

Actually, the attempt I posted above wasn't my first win. I had previously done this race before, but I did it in a Panoz, so it was an overkill win that didn't feel very rewarding :indiff: . Also, I got an ugly white/lavender F1 for my (lack) of effort. So I went back with an evenly matched car to get a more rewarding win and to get some help for mission 34.

torque998
I went back with an evenly matched car to get a more rewarding win and to get some help for mission 34.
Did you find any help? :confused: Mission 34 is the only thing standing between me & 100%! :irked:
Infest
Thanks O.G. Im pretty much a quiet person who knows how to use the search feature and google. So this is why I rarely post much.
An admirable quality for sure but don't be shy...an intelligent question will almost always get you an intelligent answer at the Planet! 👍
...O.G. :D

Old Geezer, yes I did. That race helped A LOT. Before, the 'Ring didn't stick in my head. That race got it stuck solid in my mind.

Missing Link Junior (haven't come up with a real name yet) is currently 5:46 or so into this race.

I let him drive his AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car (yea, I kept a second one for me with 0 miles....). Using RH/RSH tire combo, and is about to finish up lap 51 on Level 1 Speed setting.

Seeing as I know he will decimate the competition (even in a matched car) I just let him drive at a slow pace to reduce the number of pits stops (every 4 laps instead of 3). Unfortunately for me, I am exhausted and he will return to single speed soon. I hate how you can't just leave it on the Race Monitor and let it continue at 3X pace......

Has anyone found a car that can do 6 lap stints before pitting for tires or fuel and is a guaranteed win on B-spec.

I can see the Supra a few posts up - did you need to keep the car out for the 6th lap or was that when the B-spec driver wanted to pit.

Presumably the B-Spec lap times were around 7.15-7.20 ?

The Missing Link
Missing Link Junior (haven't come up with a real name yet) is currently 5:46 or so into this race.

I let him drive his AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car (yea, I kept a second one for me with 0 miles....). Using RH/RSH tire combo, and is about to finish up lap 51 on Level 1 Speed setting.

Seeing as I know he will decimate the competition (even in a matched car) I just let him drive at a slow pace to reduce the number of pits stops (every 4 laps instead of 3). Unfortunately for me, I am exhausted and he will return to single speed soon. I hate how you can't just leave it on the Race Monitor and let it continue at 3X pace......

I used the same car but with RSH on both front and back, and he pitted 5-6 laps. I also set him at 3 pace with overtake on and boy did he do a wonderful job.

So let me get this straight.

The AMG Merc=Good
The Toyota Minolta=Good
Some Supra JGTC=Good
LMP Race Cars=Good

What about modified street cars, like the skyline, or the Audi LeMans quattro, or anything else.

Thats strange with RSH on front and rear, I find that the tires are wearing out almost dead-even with my setup, but are completely red by the time he is running down the back straight, he usually wipes out (4 out of 5) on the way to the pits. I'll give it a go with RSH in front and see if I can get another lap out of him.

This might have something to do with your B-Spec skill... as of the start of this race my dude is 86/72/62. What's yours?

The Missing Link
I hate how you can't just leave it on the Race Monitor and let it continue at 3X pace......
Indeed! Not to mention the fact that the "Manual" says there's a "5X" Speed! :eek: Wouldn't THAT have been nice! :irked: ...O.G. :D

Hmm... 6 laps seems too many for the CLK-GTR. I run out of fuel (6 out of 80) by the time he pits at the end of Lap 5. Although, I did notice that one of my stints was six laps long, which seems very strange indeed, even stranger was that it was done on my original RH/RSH setup.

Did you modify any of the settings? I haven't tooled around with seeing what car settings will make the B-Specer drive faster/slower, except for the downforce and transmission, which, obviously make for faster racing for him.

EDIT: Woohoo! Less than an hour to go; 21:17... into the race now :D

Sweet, B-Spec is on his final lap now.... couldn't get very good timing though, samse as when I did another timed race, unded up finishing the time restraint about 1/4 of the way into the final lap, instead of like 9/10's of the way into the final lap.

Oh well, at least I didn't have to do any of the driving :)

B-Spec is my favourite added feature of this game, cause the game is far too much "Been there, Done that."

Anyways... I wonder what colour I get... and if I have time to B-Spec the New York Enduro before going to work....

OK; colour is Silver with black trim... looks nice.

gumpy
Has anyone found a car that can do 6 lap stints before pitting for tires or fuel and is a guaranteed win on B-spec.

I can see the Supra a few posts up - did you need to keep the car out for the 6th lap or was that when the B-spec driver wanted to pit.

Presumably the B-Spec lap times were around 7.15-7.20 ?

Update. I found a car that does 6 laps per pit on B-spec.

Black Toyota GT One
No oil change
No chassis refresh
No upgrades
Racing Super hard all round

Front raised 10mm
Rear raised 15mm
Springs dropped 5 clicks
Bound and Rebound dropped 1 all round
TCS 10 (some say this does not affect B-spec)
ASM 2 ditto
Brakes 2 front / 4 rear
Gears default

Speed rating of 1

Did 6 laps, rear tyres were red but no spins.

After completed I did an oil change and chassis refresh but no stiffener and it now only does 5 - must be all that extra hp and extra speed from straight chassis.

It was lapping close to 7 mins exact if I remember rightly.

Back