Backfire screen shots!!

• Thread starter ADBAN
  • 643 comments
Navy, in one of the vids I heard F1 cars in the background. Was there anything GT related with the sounds of F1 or was it just unrelated backgound noise coming from another booth?

whos playing it they suck 👎 . The backfire looks tight 👍 hope that happens with all the cars. I heard that backfire in real life is bad because it burns fuel too fast and real race teams dont like it. Anyone think its true?

lol. haha backfire switch in dash... "push this button to look cool while decellerating". backfire actaully occurs because when an engine rapidly decellerates fuel is still being sucked into the cylinder at a high rate from when it was at a higher rmp. the result is an excess fuel in the cylinder which is forced out into the pipe, and will generally ignite. unless a backfire is really detonation. it is hard to look into it because there're a number of factors. but thats how it works on a carbeurated engine. i think backfire is dramatically decreased by high efficiency fuel injection systems. someone who knows more about this should correct me if i'm wrong. but i do know that backfire isn't the best thing you can do to your exhaust system :-D. later-

yesterdaylight
backfire actaully occurs because when an engine rapidly decellerates fuel is still being sucked into the cylinder at a high rate from when it was at a higher rmp. the result is an excess fuel in the cylinder which is forced out into the pipe, and will generally ignite. unless a backfire is really detonation. it is hard to look into it because there're a number of factors. but thats how it works on a carbeurated engine. i think backfire is dramatically decreased by high efficiency fuel injection systems

Here is my theory on why we see it often in race cars and not road cars these days. I do agree that fuel injection has mostly eliminated backfire in modern cars, but that doesn't explain why you see it in modern fuel injected race cars. A lot of these cars are equipped with sequential gearboxes and are set up to be shifted without lifting your foot off the gas. What happens is the ignitiion is cut for an extremely short period of time to allow the shift. However, the engine is still running; you still have the fuel injectors spitting fuel into the cyllinders. When you see the cars decelerating to take a turn they have to shift down through a lot of gears, so that is a lot of ignition downtime and a lot of fuel being sprayed into the engine with no spark. I think that fuel is expelled through the exhaust port and is ignited in the super hot exhaust pipe - instant backfire in modern fuel injected race engines.

This is just my theory, but it sounds plausible.

How about a repost of that Special Stage Route 5 video? I haven't been able to download or at least view the video anywhere. The Celica video is one I haven't seen either. In other words, the Yousendit deal isn't working for me here.

I don't know if anyone actually wanted to see backfire in GT4, but whatever the case... it's there. I think if PD wants to put in as much as possible into GT4, let them. I just can't wait to play this game as a demo at least.

JohnBM01
How about a repost of that Special Stage Route 5 video? I haven't been able to download or at least view the video anywhere. The Celica video is one I haven't seen either. In other words, the Yousendit deal isn't working for me here.

I don't know if anyone actually wanted to see backfire in GT4, but whatever the case... it's there. I think if PD wants to put in as much as possible into GT4, let them. I just can't wait to play this game as a demo at least.

I hope backfire doesn't happen in every car you drive. Like what PD did with GT3 and the B.O.V. sound where every turbo car went PSSFFHT! Some people I've played with did not understand what the noise was.

I6-4-eva
I hope backfire doesn't happen in every car you drive. Like what PD did with GT3 and the B.O.V. sound where every turbo car went PSSFFHT! Some people I've played with did not understand what the noise was.

Hmm I don't remember even hearing it in GT3? All sounded like various models of sewing machines to me.

supra_luva209
Now we have 6 JGTC 300 cars :D
ASL Garaiya
Cusco WRX
Vmac RD320R
Nissan Silvia (From GT3)
Toyota Autobacs MRS (From GT3)

And now the WedsSport CELICA :D
No more racing against rally cars 👍
the vemac is in??? i never heard of it's inclusion.

Well, since I'm done with college for this semester, this will give me a chance to get into these photos and videos more. Unfortunately, my computer and its connection are crap. So to be safe, some of the ones providing these screenshots may want to come up with a collection of screen captures.

By the way, the turbo sounds in GT3 are there. Even I heard them. Put in a good turbo system and certainly it will be heard. For some reason, I want to say that it sounds like some Star Wars sound effect, like maybe a door opening (yeah I know. I'm a weird Texan boy).

JohnBM01
By the way, the turbo sounds in GT3 are there. Even I heard them. P

The turbo sounds has been in game since the first GT. On Japanese carz you could even hear them with the inital turbo-stage.

However, I liked the turbo-lag in the first game which was appearing in full souped-up cars. It has dissapeared in GT2 and never returned.

Sven
Turbo lag isn't there? I'm pretty sure the stage 4 Escudo has a lot of it....
In GT2 it was awful, you couldn't even drive away from a standing start if you gave it full throttle. With full turbo upgrades that is.

cobragt
What's turbo lag?

Turbochargers work off of the pressure in the exhaust. In older cars, it would take some time for the turbo to get to full effectiveness, hence: turbo lag. Now, they've pretty much solved the problem and turbo lag isn't as much of a problem.

We have to school CobraGT on this or something?

I think from a tuning standpoint (not saying I'm one), less boost means less horsepower, but more boost means more horsepower. However, less boost means easier launches off the line granted that the right amount of standstill acceleration is given at the starting light. More boost means harder launches off the line granted that the right amount of standstill acceleration is given at the starting light.

When I beaten GT1, I began buying certain cars for the hell of it. One such car I used was a 1996 Toyota Soarer (SC430 in America). So I tuned it up all the way from stabilizers to racing modification. I gave it the biggest turbo available and when I did a Time Trial with my beastly car, when the 3... 2... 1... countdown went underway, the turbo lag was very big. In fact, by the time I was revving up the car, by the time the counter got to 1, I was just reaching the redline of my car! I could, of course, just tune down the machine to rev better off the line. Since GT2, no modifications of turbo lag have been made available. So it's kind of something to think about when fiddling with turbos in the game. Big turbos are good, but only if you can manage them successfully.

I think you’re a little confused John. The SC430 did not exist until the time of GT-Concept. Maybe you were thinking of the SC400, yet this car has a naturally aspirated V8. That leaves us with the Japanese 2.5 GT-t model pictured below.

attachment.php

attachment.php

amar212
The turbo sounds has been in game since the first GT. On Japanese carz you could even hear them with the inital turbo-stage.

However, I liked the turbo-lag in the first game which was appearing in full souped-up cars. It has dissapeared in GT2 and never returned.

You are right!
Try in GT1 to take an old Silvia S13 K (the k was the turbo? .. ) an put ONLY the 4th stage of turbo! :crazy:

Back