Backfire screen shots!!

• Thread starter ADBAN
  • 643 comments
well, everything in general looks really damn sleek, the cars now look to me like they reflect a whole lot better than before, the physics, well the physics scares me to death when i was driving on the nurb. while i was going like 250km and u know how the straights are REALLY bumpy, it was very very hard to keep the car going straight, with a controller i could do it. no problem. but when its throwing u around like a roller coaster, thats a different ballgame.

the 2d rims in-game dont bother me at all, yeah it would be nice, but its nothing that i care much about.

it still looks like lights on the ss route 5 track dont do much, the track is bright enough that i dont even notice it, or maybe i just wasnt paying attention.

the 1st person and hood views are much easier to drive now, i used to like the 3rd person a lot, but seems like now these views are much better. dont know how, i think its because ther is three screens maybe.

i seriuosly wish u guys could sit in the rig. its just crazy. the time where u guys see me spin out and lose control is cuz A. its shaking like mad. B. its only my second time driving on the nurb. oh and asm/tcm was turned off, of course. like all my vids.

lets see what else..i think the videos cant really portray how the graphics look. all in all.
much more polished

I think the vids did enough lol. Just looking at that celica on the Nurb vid just awed me, seriously. I loved the camera angle at :57, it made the game look very real. I also loved the chopper view, that was simply amazing. Just looking at those vids is enough for me to determine gt4 will be some nice eye candy. I also have noticed the reflections. Like in the fuji05 vid, I believe I saw the rumble strip being reflected on the side of the supra.

The Toyota 2000 does sound great. It's too bad the audio quality was still very poor with the video, but you could tell the car sounded amazing.

I'm a third person view player, myself. And, it looks like I'll switch to third person roof cam view. It just looks the best, IMO. But, I love how the other third person view sounds. You get more of the exhaust noise, which will sound great in DD5.1!

Thanks again for the vids!

I'm in the same boat. I've driven the 3rd person view since I GT1, but with the hood/roof cam in, I think I'll slowly make my way over to that. It's a happy medium between the 3rd person and the horrible (imo) bumper cam. Sure, a cockpit view would be best, but this is acceptable. But like you said SL, I'll miss out on some of the exhaust noise. So, I'll probably be switching around on a regular basis ;)

Sounds like from what everyone is talking about, these must be some pretty cool videos. I'll be doing Finals soon, so I may not be able to be on a better computer with better connections to see these vehicles and these videos. CobraGT, you talked about backfires with that Alfa Romeo, let me tell you something, pal. If that thing's backfiring like crazy, you'll burn up the stuff behind you! Since GT4 will have some drag racing, I'd have to wonder what jet dragsters would be like! (Imitating Beavis) Fire, fire, FIRE!

But if I get a chance to at least download the videos, I'll be sure to offer my reactions.

I'm laughing so much right now, I'm almost choking!!!

Poor people here at GTP who were automatically replying " It' photoshopped" to every poor newbie who was asking about backfires :) .

Anyway, It's a hot feature, really. It gets you even more into the race mood.

See ya :sly:

561066_20040924_screen113.jpg

I dunno what to say! There is my favorite car of all time! Damn!
That thing and backfire on Nurburgring...:eek:

If you look closely, the 2 side screens always keep upright, right? OK.....then watch the Toyota 2000 GT video CLOSELY while paying attention at the side details :dunce: What do you see ?

puricele7e
If you look closely, the 2 side screens always keep upright, right? OK.....then watch the Toyota 2000 GT video CLOSELY while paying attention at the side details :dunce: What do you see ?

what, what do you see?
For those that dont have the high speed tech to download these files.

You will see that all 3 monitors are pointing up.....but......you can see the roll only on the center one correctly, the other ones screw up the image and draw something that's not there YET......that's like a street light on the edge on the center screen, but WAY back on the side one :guilty:

Hey did anyone else notice that backfire on the vid of the Celica at the Nurb at about 1:32? I like how prominent it is. It can be seen very well from quite a distance. I love it! 👍 👍

spawn9999999
Hey did anyone else notice that backfire on the vid of the Celica at the Nurb at about 1:32? I like how prominent it is. It can be seen very well from quite a distance. I love it! 👍 👍

Yea.....I did have the chance to see it, but was it when he entered a corner but didn't exit it as a result of a spinout........anyways yea that backfire shot was indeed amazing... 👍 Like the quick recovery as well......reminds me of my GT3 days..... :sly:

It would be sweet if we could install a mis-fire system .. Even though we don't know if there will be turbo lag.. Well I don't know.

Ugh, save the misfire systems for NFSU.

There's been turbo lag since GT1.

TheSquidd
Isn't a misfire system effective for rally? Don't most rally cars use misfire systems? Doesn't GT4 have rally? Does god really exist?

That is the anti-lag system that keeps the turbo on boost even when the driver is off throttle. I think it uses fuel to keep the turbine spooled up and when they get back on the gas that extra fuel is ignited in the exhaust system causing a lot of backfires. Is this correct?

Zarkoff500
That is the anti-lag system that keeps the turbo on boost even when the driver is off throttle. I think it uses fuel to keep the turbine spooled up and when they get back on the gas that extra fuel is ignited in the exhaust system causing a lot of backfires. Is this correct?
yep
called: bang-bang system (I think)

English is not my first language
why they name anti-lag as misfire?
misfire = not fire
but actually it makes more backfires
can someone explan that please?

You watch Initial D, right ?? 👍👍

Indeed, misfire is not the same with backfire, mayba, if wee get lucky may be able to see both, but the chances are really small :(

yo, the mis-fire system totally destroys exhaust systems, hence no one uses them on the road....think about the hot gases scorching the pipes every couple of seconds....it'll fry them....thats why rally cars get their exhausts overhauled after every leg...it would be cool to have mis-fire systems in GT4 but only for rally and if there was a special Touge section, and the mis-fire system could only be put on Lan-Evos and Subarus...it just doesnt seem right on other cars...call me an Initial D fan boy but thats just my take on it. :)

franz
English is not my first language
why they name anti-lag as misfire?
misfire = not fire
but actually it makes more backfires
can someone explan that please?
When the driver isn't on the gas pedal the ignition timing is changed with more of a delay and the air and fuel mixture is made richer. And with the ignition being delayed the air/fuel mixture reaches the exhaust mostly unburned. When the spark plug is ignited the exhaust is open a bit b/c of the delay and the timing. The unburned fuel ignites in the exhaust where the turbo is and keeps the turbo going. So they call it mis-fire because the ignition timing is delayed.

S13DRIFTSPEC
When the driver isn't on the gas pedal the ignition timing is changed with more of a delay and the air and fuel mixture is made richer. And with the ignition being delayed the air/fuel mixture reaches the exhaust mostly unburned. When the spark plug is ignited the exhaust is open a bit b/c of the delay and the timing. The unburned fuel ignites in the exhaust where the turbo is and keeps the turbo going. So they call it mis-fire because the ignition timing is delayed.

Interesting they always say you learned something new everyday.....and since I've been sitting on my ass all day I guess this is what I learned today....not bad........thanks S13DRIFTSPEC 👍

GTXLR
That high up helicopter view, following the car on the Nurb is F###ing Awesome :D

Amen to that, it runs from 2:08 - 2:26 in the vidofcelica clip. That's gonna be an awesome camera to cover some 1st lap LAN battles.

I was disapointed that they replaced the camera covering the cars at the end of Fuchsrohre, (It was the one placed downhill where the car comes through the shade and brake, and then go through the left hander toward Adenauer Forst) hope they saved that one for second lap replays because I always enjoyed it, you could really get a trackside perspective of the increased sense of speed of the cars.

hey, can someone re-post the links, that work too? i've gone through every page of this thread and cannot find a link that works, except the one where the blue Supra goes off on a turn...I have yet to see any backfires. If anyone is nice enough to help me out. :) thanks. I posted it here rather than starting a new thread.

Back