Bankfin touring cars season 2 discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter TDZdave
  • 213 comments
  • 14,090 views
Dude if that is the car list I have a way to balance these cars out were no one car will out shine another. Ill put together a spreadsheet for you that will match all chassis together, and another test that makes sure all cars can draft pass all cars instead of drafting up to a fast car, but not being able to pass him just close a little. Trust me!

I can start work on it tomorrow night'

I would just try to keep all cars 20/50 downforce ratio to be on the safe side.

are you referring to the entire OP list or ATIN's list?
 
Ah-oh let me check.

I can do th op list, but I think you guys are traveling to far from touring cars, I mean a GT1 is a GT1, and a V8 supercar is definitly not a touring car. It looks like everyone picked a favorite car in stuck it in there (no offence).

I can match whatever tho if needed. I start by matching all cars power to weight ratios and then make adjustments from there.

Also anyone who wants to run a car with naturally higher downforce you can set a pp check on them to make sure their not cranking up the downforce points too.
 
Last edited:
Altezza should be at 305/1150 ... slow-ish to a beginner, but on pace in the right hands
 
cheers bud,
 
I'll help where I can bru ...
 
Altezza should be at 305/1150 ... slow-ish to a beginner, but on pace in the right hands

See this 1 makes sense'
 
I will figure out cars later on, but I have some track suggestions...for season two, no DLC courses. Several people (including myself) could not participate on those circuits. Also, more races with weather change. Monza, night on Nurburgring, Suzuka, Le mans. Also, drop That tiny thing called tsukaba.
 
yeah we are replacing Tsukuba with laguna seca,
 
TDZdave
yeah we are replacing Tsukuba with laguna seca,

Seca is a great course.
 
I'm going to try keep it to real world circuits, most of the PD tracks are either to narrow or favor one specific drivetrain, today at Fuji we had the closest bankfin finish, .045, after 12 laps, sure that was 2 FRs I'm sure the subaru would have been in the mix if it had more power to get down the straight, once bron had the draft he kept up easy but once he lost it he was done, this is something I wan't to avoid in season 2
 
At least keep deep forest. That is a great circuit
 
Here's the wrap up on my all day test session which kind of lead to me missing Fugi tonight, but I took one for the team!

Ford Falcon @ 324hp|1360kg - This car is the fastest car on track by 1 mph. If you reduce 10kg it falls short to the 3rd fastest car pp restricted @ 525 to make sure no downforce over 20/50

Nissan Silvia @ 324hp|1160kg - 2nd fastest all around car both this car and Falcon launch harder than awd Mazda, and is the bench mark for all chassis racing.

Lexus Altezza @ 324hp|1160kg - Equal to Silvia perfect match

Lexus IS200 @ 324hp|1160kg - Equal to Silvia perfect match

Bmw 330i @ 354hp|1140kg - 2nd fastest car by mph, but very slow out of the gate and build up of mph, but It will run you down. I would of added extra 10hp but this car is pretty much maxed out @ 355hp and lowest weight of 1140kg made the whole packs weight be based of this mark.

Mazda/Atenza @ 334hp|1140kg - 3rd fastest car by mph but equal out of the gate to a FR car even-tho its awd. This car will run you down, but is very equal to Silvia, Altezza, and IS200.

Odd balls:

HKS Evo @ 344hp|1140kg - This car is a beast out of the gate because of its 481ft/lbs of torque It will make you feel like it can't be caught, until you catch it because it falls short to lack of mph. At least 4 to 6 mph. Any chassis can chase this car down, and if your using this car you will need to draft to stay with the pack.

Subaru TC @ 344hp|1140kg - Equal to HKS Evo, but launches a bumper ahead, and falls back about a bumper to the HKS Evo on the top end. It comes up short a mph or two to the HKS Evo's mph, but is pretty much equal to the Evo.

AEM S2000 @ 334hp|1160kg - Faster of the two S2000, but handles like s*#%. This FR car accelerates harder than the top four FR chassis almost like an awd drive, but once again comes up short on the mph. It can be ran down!

Amuse S2000 GT1 @ 324hp|1140kg - accelerates slightly better than the AEM S2000 and handles way better, but falls short to the AEM S2000 top speed which is already around the awd's mph rate. Low to mid 160mph'

Honda Touring Car @ 364hp|1080kg - Has trouble getting speed to the wheels so makes it slow off the line, but once it whines up it can catch the Silvia if not the Mazda's. I ran 10kg lower to compensate for front wheel drive.

All other cars need to be broken in so no test data for them. I take it that the Civic Rm & Golf Rm will have really low kg, with maybe slightly more hp like 374hp since the downforce rating is 15/35. People who run these chassis watch out for getting rammed off the track due to the fact that your corner speed will be slow, but you'll have enough compensated hp to keep blocking into the next turn.

I setup all cars so that any one car regardless of their advantages/disadvantages can draft and sling shot all other chassis if in drafting position. Top mph in full draft pull would be around 180-185mph to be safe. Monza, Indy, Le Mans, Fuji, Hi Speed Ring, Grand Valley, Spa, Daytona Road (especially), and maybe SSR5 could see such mph's.

Overall heavy hitter of the night goes to the V8 Supercar Ford Falcon with only 324hp and 1360kg's of weight was still the fastest car on grid and launch with pull like an awd car. Room stewards beware that even at the pp restriction for this car a person could still add to clicks of downforce to the front or back before it violates it pp limit.

Btw big thumbs up for switching Tsukuba for Mazda all day!
 
Last edited:
sweet as mate, but had you been to the race last night you would have seen it lose by .045 down the straight, at 355BHP once I hit 200kph with no draft the silvia matched it for straight line speed then it slowly pulled away, there was a point where we were dead on level but the silvia being less of a brick just slowly pulled away and won,

I'm going to be interested to see what the spec's are for the remaining cars,

the other thing is too, we will be dropping deep forest raceway from the series too, its a great tack but there were some issues with it being aero dependant and favoring AWD cars, it would be great to see all the cars viable in a straight line,

PROPOSED TRACK LIST IS UP ON THE OP GUYS< LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS
 
Last edited:
I'll break in those chassis tomorrow with b spec bob at the wheel.
 
no rush mate, are you going to be racing this weekend at spa?
 
I'm gonna test drive one of the new cars this weekend
 
cool as bud, please go from the spec's in the OP of season 2 as all of joe's specs are mega changed,
 
I had a quick 5 lap blast of a few lastnight, the crz tc was the quickest by over a second
 
wow really
 
wow really

Yeah I couldn't get my head around it really, I tried the crz, subaru tc, amuse s2000, new evo and maybe 2 more but I can't think what they are. I had a basic tune and all same transmission and the track was Fuji, 1.38.3 with crz and couldn't break 1.40 with any of the others.
 
that's good, that means that with some fine tuning they can all be up there,
 
No Falcon and Lexus Altezza, too different to other cars
 
The altezza, that's one I tried, but I tried the touring car version from the ucd and that was sticker than all but the CRZ for me
 
???? sticker???
 
TDZdave
no rush mate, are you going to be racing this weekend at spa?

Its my daugthers weekend, so you guys won't see me powering up GT5 at all this weekend. Unless its in the middle of the night.

Ill balance test the crz next, but isn't there some way to use there kers system or something like that anyone?
 
LOL quicker, predictive text! And then my phone died at work.

:lol:

Its my daugthers weekend, so you guys won't see me powering up GT5 at all this weekend. Unless its in the middle of the night.

Ill balance test the crz next, but isn't there some way to use there kers system or something like that anyone?

KERS system????
 
TDZdave
:lol:

KERS system????

There is no way you can use the KERS system in GT5. Don't worry about it.
 
There is no way you can use the KERS system in GT5. Don't worry about it.

I was gonna say, if there was it should be on the F10,
 
Back