Bankfin touring cars season 2 discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter TDZdave
  • 213 comments
  • 14,092 views
pretty much the ones being carried over, the new ones I'm testing now in my lounge, well trying too,
 
The specs don't match up on a lot of the cars.
 
how do you meean?
 
I'm just going through all the cars and setting them up but for now ii notice the 320i should be 1050kg but it can only go to 1140kg. Same with the AEM S2000, 1050kg but can only get to 1155kg.

Still going through all the rest but will put them up here when I'm done.
 
yeah... most of that was done from memory..... the AEM is gone, to heavy, the AMUSE is in.... unless someone has an OPERA or SPOON they would lend me,

I just realized that BMW issue, its got an extra 5BHP

so that makes the BMW 1140KG at 330BHP
 
I just got the spoon S2000 from the UCD, will test it later when i get back.
 
Anybody have a good time to be aiming for at Spa?
 
I'm doing 2.40s in the current/ new Subaru's, and new EVO, 2.42s in BMW and IS 200,
the ford is doing low 1.43s,
 
Altezza should be at 305/1150 ... slow-ish to a beginner, but on pace in the right hands

I'm not sure yet as to what S2000 we shall use but yes, new list,

This looks like a good final list, but I still think you guys are going to have to run the cars of +/- 1140 kg @ +/- 350hp to match all the cars correctly! 👍
 
that Altezza has been rejected once again,

the cars that struggled this season have been given a boost, check the OP of the season 2 thread joe, all cars have been locked in, but the spec's wont be confirmed until the beginning of the regular season, unless you have a way to make them closer without going over the 350BHP mark,
 
I can't get the new subaru or evo anywhere near the times of the Mazda Silvia or BMW
 
at spa???
 
what times are you running?
 
Spa is a power track, expect the Mazda to be fast
 
Havent read all of the thread but some of it .

I think you guys have to put a lot in consideration , while the subaru seemed very dominant I could keep it honest sometimes in the Lexus and Driver could do the same in the Silvia . I think the Silvia was a bit quicker than the Lexus in acceleration but the Lexus seemed to be a bit more stable exiting corners.

I think leveling the downforce may solve one problem but it might also create others .

The reason no one used the Integra was because of the poor tire wear before the last gt5 update , the car was faster than the lexus when i tested it and im sure with the new tire wear its a great car to choose

I can help you guys with the testing but the only day im available is saturdays
 
Spa is a power track, expect the Mazda to be fast

same, AWD MAZDA should be very quick, but I haven't had the credits to try different tires on it yet,

Havent read all of the thread but some of it .

I think you guys have to put a lot in consideration , while the subaru seemed very dominant I could keep it honest sometimes in the Lexus and Driver could do the same in the Silvia . I think the Silvia was a bit quicker than the Lexus in acceleration but the Lexus seemed to be a bit more stable exiting corners.

I think leveling the downforce may solve one problem but it might also create others .

The reason no one used the Integra was because of the poor tire wear before the last gt5 update , the car was faster than the lexus when i tested it and im sure with the new tire wear its a great car to choose

I can help you guys with the testing but the only day im available is saturdays

it could be the setup I use on it but with the Integra, but I still find it very hungry on tires, if you feel you can get better results with it and the new tire wear update, I'm happy to replace it on the OP,

but the main reason a lot of these spec's are almost the same is I'm trying to fast track it to get it underway early november, season 3 if I choose to still run the series it will go under a massive change,

I'm going to spec the season 3 cars when I get all the cars with maximum tuning on them, and optimum setups on them, I'm thinking heavier cars with less BHP thinking around 250-270 BHP, to make cars like said Integra, Prius TC, CR-Z TC, Civic TC, more desirable, and lose the AWDs
 
Dave can you pm me your setup for the evo to see if it's my tune or just me that's way off the pace?
 
inboxed to your PSN bud
 
Thanks, I'll give it a go in a minute.
 
that Altezza has been rejected once again,

the cars that struggled this season have been given a boost, check the OP of the season 2 thread joe, all cars have been locked in, but the spec's wont be confirmed until the beginning of the regular season, unless you have a way to make them closer without going over the 350BHP mark,

Here's the wrap up on my all day test session which kind of lead to me missing Fugi tonight, but I took one for the team!

Ford Falcon @ 324hp|1360kg - This car is the fastest car on track by 1 mph. If you reduce 10kg it falls short to the 3rd fastest car pp restricted @ 525 to make sure no downforce over 20/50

Nissan Silvia @ 324hp|1160kg - 2nd fastest all around car both this car and Falcon launch harder than awd Mazda, and is the bench mark for all chassis racing.

Lexus Altezza @ 324hp|1160kg - Equal to Silvia perfect match

Lexus IS200 @ 324hp|1160kg - Equal to Silvia perfect match

Bmw 330i @ 354hp|1140kg - 2nd fastest car by mph, but very slow out of the gate and build up of mph, but It will run you down. I would of added extra 10hp but this car is pretty much maxed out @ 355hp and lowest weight of 1140kg made the whole packs weight be based of this mark.

Mazda/Atenza @ 334hp|1140kg - 3rd fastest car by mph but equal out of the gate to a FR car even-tho its awd. This car will run you down, but is very equal to Silvia, Altezza, and IS200.

Odd balls:

HKS Evo @ 344hp|1140kg - This car is a beast out of the gate because of its 481ft/lbs of torque It will make you feel like it can't be caught, until you catch it because it falls short to lack of mph. At least 4 to 6 mph. Any chassis can chase this car down, and if your using this car you will need to draft to stay with the pack.

Subaru TC @ 344hp|1140kg - Equal to HKS Evo, but launches a bumper ahead, and falls back about a bumper to the HKS Evo on the top end. It comes up short a mph or two to the HKS Evo's mph, but is pretty much equal to the Evo.

AEM S2000 @ 334hp|1160kg - Faster of the two S2000, but handles like s*#%. This FR car accelerates harder than the top four FR chassis almost like an awd drive, but once again comes up short on the mph. It can be ran down!

Amuse S2000 GT1 @ 324hp|1140kg - accelerates slightly better than the AEM S2000 and handles way better, but falls short to the AEM S2000 top speed which is already around the awd's mph rate. Low to mid 160mph'

Honda Touring Car @ 364hp|1080kg - Has trouble getting speed to the wheels so makes it slow off the line, but once it whines up it can catch the Silvia if not the Mazda's. I ran 10kg lower to compensate for front wheel drive.

All other cars need to be broken in so no test data for them. I take it that the Civic Rm & Golf Rm will have really low kg, with maybe slightly more hp like 374hp since the downforce rating is 15/35. People who run these chassis watch out for getting rammed off the track due to the fact that your corner speed will be slow, but you'll have enough compensated hp to keep blocking into the next turn.

I setup all cars so that any one car regardless of their advantages/disadvantages can draft and sling shot all other chassis if in drafting position. Top mph in full draft pull would be around 180-185mph to be safe. Monza, Indy, Le Mans, Fuji, Hi Speed Ring, Grand Valley, Spa, Daytona Road (especially), and maybe SSR5 could see such mph's.

Overall heavy hitter of the night goes to the V8 Supercar Ford Falcon with only 324hp and 1360kg's of weight was still the fastest car on grid and launch with pull like an awd car. Room stewards beware that even at the pp restriction for this car a person could still add to clicks of downforce to the front or back before it violates it pp limit.

Btw big thumbs up for switching Tsukuba for Mazda all day!

This is a post a created earlier so minus the Falcon and Altezza, even-tho I'm not sure why the Altezza got rejected.
 
thanks joe, the altezza got rejected because its just to fast, like the CLK in DTM, the chassis is remarkable, it can keep with anything without the down force, the falcon and the AEM S2000 have been dropped too, for their handling issues, and the extended list of cars are either too heavy to spec accordingly, or have some form of handling issue, thus them requiring more BHP to gain time back in straight lines, thus making them unfair to whom drive them and those chasing them at say Fuji or Spa,

which brings us to the RX-7 and AMUSE S2000, both seem to have their qualities and draw backs too, the RX-7 can only do 35 points down force on the rear wing, making it unstable for some who have tuning difficulties while someone like my self who tunes to that works out great, I like a little slideways action, I tested it at Spa and through Eau Rouge it just flies through there perfect, just a touch of tail action gets the nose nose pointing in the right direction,

so instead of mass changes for season 2 I figured we will just tweak what we have, it works most of the time, but some cars were under spec'd just a touch, so we give them a BHP boost and see if during the preseason it works,
 
Well all sounds good at this point I will be testing out the Subaru & HKS Evo since one of those will be the chassis that I'm running with for season 2. Do you know what the weight & hp will be for the HKS Evo & Subaru? I want to run my test at the right specs.
 
Their both running 315hp and 1140kg Joe, although i personally don't think this is enough.
 
Their both running 315hp and 1140kg Joe, although i personally don't think this is enough.

Had these cars been road cars they would have more power then the rest of the field, like original ITCC, our JS Subaru's had 276BHP and the much less brick shaped GT86 had less power, which is what intrigued me about your GT300 series spec's joe, both Subaru's have the same BHP, I just thought that was weird as one is an FR and the other is AWD,
 
The HKS EVO at Spa feels so slow
 
The awd won't just dominate like a lot of people think unless an already stupid fast driver takes hold of the wheel. I've been racing a lot of awd's lately and there not as dominating as people think unless they are run at very low hp levels. The Cusco Subaru as well as a lot of other awd drives naturally have very bad top speed due to the extra drivetrain so even with 10hp more they still get beat in races. Plus GT5 has more long straight-away tracks then short tracks anyways. The Subaru super touring was so dominate because of the downforce more than is awd setup. 315hp will be low for the HKS & Subaru. I hope your test goes well at higher hp are us awd drivers will be fighting over the Mazda chassis.
 
Last edited:
As season 1 is now cancelled i think it's about time more is done in this thread and arrangements for season 2 sorted out.

We need to find out who is committed to competing and replacing people those who aren't going to put the effort in.
 
What time and day will the races be ? I am interested but only want to if i can fully commit
 
Back