• 23 comments

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
Having trouble finding a particular shed? Want to know which cars you're missing? Looking to buy more? You've come to the right place!

This is another stab at spinning off a popular subject into its own thread instead of having people all funnel into the monolithic Chat Thread. Some other, more recent threads that do the same thing:
Please use spoiler tags ( [ spoiler ] and [ / spoiler], without the spaces) until October 1. After that, reader beware. Yes, I realize this is a thread dedicated to Barn Finds, so people should expect spoilers, but someone may only be looking for advice on how to find a particular barn, not its contents. Be considerate.

Happy hunting!

I like how the game telegraphs what car is going to be your next barn find by having them show up in traffic. I started seeing the Meyers Manx in traffic and that was my next barn find. Same with the Jag.

I've managed to find them all, and all have been restored. I know a lot of people are less than enthused about most of the barn finds, but I love them.

Oh, I forget who mentioned buying a Sandman in the auction house so he could have both the panel van and the ute, but thanks for the suggestion. I did the same and now I have both.

I just bought an LM002 on the auction house before heading to my next Barn Find...the LM002.

"Believe it or not, that's a Lamborghini."
1568.gif

I'm actually kind of disappointed about one thing concerning barn finds and it's not the car selection. It's the fact they once again use the same barn design for every one. It would at least add a little challenge if you didn't know what the barn looked like.

As a side note, it wouldn't have mattered in the case of one of the barns as I literally ran into it while searching.:lol:

My latest Barn Find! I'm a bit sad that I don't know too much about this car, other than I also have it in Forza 6. However, I love it! Aussie Muscle cars seem to be a bit more sophisticated than American. A lot of electronics inside, fancy stuff like 4-wheel disc brakes, smaller in size than your regular American car, a bit less "in-your-face" design, but with all the muscle!

Man... This is probably one of the best V8 sounds in-game. It was in Forza 6, but it seems they've improved it quite a bit! Also, I'm loving how Game DVR is working now. As good as Nvidia Shield.

Gotten 4 Barn Finds so far.
Ferrari Dino
Ford Woodie
Lamborghini LM002
Meyers Manx

As ever I liked to be surprised when I arrive, annoyingly I forgot to turn the radio off last time, and whilst he didn't flat out say what it was, he mentioned so I need a buggy and I heard where I can get one.

and was like "Dammit, its the Meyers Manx isn't it?"

and it was, which is cool but shut up!, I don't want to know.

still 11 to go.

I actually found all of the barn finds and 9 out of 10 are restored. The last one is taking a long time. I'll mention it with some of the other barn finds in the spoiler.
The Ferrari is the one taking a while, kinda similar to my issue with the Maserati. I guess it's because they're both really rare and valuable cars in comparison to the rest. I managed to find and restore 2-3 other cars in the time span this Ferrari is being restored. One of those cars was the Dodge Daytona.

I've only driven a few of the cars; the Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R, Meyers Manx, Reliant Regal, and Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser. The Land Cruiser feels sluggish, but I bet I can still have fun exploring with it. I just won't take it on long journeys, the same with the buggy. The Reliant Regal is ridiculous to drive, though I don't think I'll want to race it. I tried racing it in cult classics and I had a hard time overtaking anyone. Sure, I could upgrade it, but it's really a car I have no interest in modifying.

I definitely want to modify the Skyline GT-R again and maybe replicate the aged version of the Winfield livery that was on the R32 when it was found in the garage.

The barn finds are neat choices imo, though I'm annoyed that PG still doesn't allow them to be bought in the autoshow after you claim them. So, if I want to buy a 2nd barn find, I'll have to buy it in auction house and that will be annoying to do.

I actually found all of the barn finds and 9 out of 10 are restored. The last one is taking a long time. I'll mention it with some of the other barn finds in the spoiler.
The Ferrari is the one taking a while, kinda similar to my issue with the Maserati. I guess it's because they're both really rare and valuable cars in comparison to the rest. I managed to find and restore 2-3 other cars in the time span this Ferrari is being restored. One of those cars was the Dodge Daytona.

I've only driven a few of the cars; the Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R, Meyers Manx, Reliant Regal, and Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser. The Land Cruiser feels sluggish, but I bet I can still have fun exploring with it. I just won't take it on long journeys, the same with the buggy. The Reliant Regal is ridiculous to drive, though I don't think I'll want to race it. I tried racing it in cult classics and I had a hard time overtaking anyone. Sure, I could upgrade it, but it's really a car I have no interest in modifying.

I definitely want to modify the Skyline GT-R again and maybe replicate the aged version of the Winfield livery that was on the R32 when it was found in the garage.

The barn finds are neat choices imo, though I'm annoyed that PG still doesn't allow them to be bought in the autoshow after you claim them. So, if I want to buy a 2nd barn find, I'll have to buy it in auction house and that will be annoying to do.

Same for me, the one I wanted most was # 14 and it took most of the afternoon, the last one found yesterday is still in the shop. I wish they would implement some more of them.

You guys know you can pay Warren extra to speed up jobs? I didn't — I've got more than enough cars to try to drive — but it's worth mentioning. Seems the one in particular takes quite a long time to get ready; it was the third or fourth that I found, but wasn't available for pick up until I had found my thirteenth.

I was just wondering that too, why a car I found 4/5 cars ago still wasn't done, and he wants like 2 Million to finish it.

Having won a spin that landed on the 488 GTB on my way to BF#4, I was extremely pleased it turned out to be the Supervan. As a huge Only Fools fan, I loved it when Warren said...

if you continue collecting cars at this rate, this time next year you'll be a millionaire.

Them feels.

You guys know you can pay Warren extra to speed up jobs? I didn't — I've got more than enough cars to try to drive — but it's worth mentioning. Seems the one in particular takes quite a long time to get ready; it was the third or fourth that I found, but wasn't available for pick up until I had found my thirteenth.

I didn't! I've waited for him to be done with my

Maserati A6GCS

while sitting on a huge pile of cash for nothing? Well, time to get my

166MM

sorted then.

I didn't! I've waited for him to be done with my

Maserati A6GCS

while sitting on a huge pile of cash for nothing? Well, time to get my

166MM

sorted then.
IMO it's a huge waste of money. Just be patient and wait I would say.

Just got the

Meyers Manx a.k.a the BF Injection

Speaking of which, got the Challenger Hellcat from the discounted festival offer, and there was a Bravado livery for it, mimicking the Bravado Gauntlet Race edition (the GTA version of the Dodge Challenger).

I honestly didn't know that you could pay warren to speed up the restoration, but I don't think I would have if I did know. It doesn't seem worth it imo and that's why I didn't bother having him speed up my last barn find under restoration. Plus, I was in the middle of saving up credits for a Mclaren F1 and I have it now.

I had a slight dilema, enough to buy an FXX K or a Centenario and a 599 GTO or pay Warren, guess what won? I started to ask for help but ... got enough left now for a Speciale! This game makes it tough to race because I keep pulling over to photograph.

Just got on to Barn Find No. 4 with the
Reliant Regal
I am a happy man currently.

The new Barn Find is absolutely gorgeous! I don't know if this car has mechanical brakes, but man they suck!! I leave them stock just to enjoy the "realistic" 30's drum brakes feel that PG bothered on recreating. And they look beautiful behind those spoke wheels :D

GetPhoto (1).jpg

GetPhoto.jpg

I really like how the new barn find has unique tire treads for the street and sport tires. Street tires don't change the look of the tread at all, while sport tires give it the same tread you see on the Lola and Ferrari 250LM. Great job PG! Now if only I can find a 2nd one for under 20,000,000cr. in the Auction House...

Back