Barrett-Jackson Car Pack

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 101 comments
I actually use the Barrett Jackson cars quite often in the online Hoppers.

Ford Roadster is a beast in C and B class

Plymouth Bubble Top is a very nice acceleration car in B class

The Chevelle can be tuned to run pretty good in B Class

The Bronco is a beast acceleration car in C class

The Cuda is good in C class and okay in B class

As stated before, just because you guys can't put your "cookie cutter" S2000 or 97 Civic builds and tunes on cars, doesn't mean they are not good cars. Anybody can win races in a S2000 or 97 Civic. Build and tune a Ford Roadster and win races in online Hoppers.

It's a very bold assumption to make, that everyone who doesn't like the car pack must be the type of people who only use cars like the S2000 or Civic. Surely it can't be because they don't like the clipping issues on the bubbletop of the Bubbletop, or the ugly rims on the Chevelle, or the lack of a roof-down option on the 'convertible' Cuda, or the fact that the Bronco is yet another SUV/offroader when there are more SUVs and offroaders than there are cars in the Forza P1, Forza GT, and Forza Touring Car divisions, or the necessity of putting ugly Forza aero on these otherwise (mostly) beautiful cars if you do want to race them, or the aforementioned inability to race these hotrods/customs against the vanilla hotrods/customs unless you specifically set up a custom ruleset for it, etc. etc.

I'm glad you like the cars, but it's entirely reasonable that people, myself included, dislike it for reasons outside of 'oh we didn't get the 2003 S2000 like Horizon did so it sucks' (though that being said, there's a lot I could talk about comparing the car passes for each game).

It's a very bold assumption to make, that everyone who doesn't like the car pack must be the type of people who only use cars like the S2000 or Civic. Surely it can't be because they don't like the clipping issues on the bubbletop of the Bubbletop, or the ugly rims on the Chevelle, or the lack of a roof-down option on the 'convertible' Cuda, or the fact that the Bronco is yet another SUV/offroader when there are more SUVs and offroaders than there are cars in the Forza P1, Forza GT, and Forza Touring Car divisions, or the necessity of putting ugly Forza aero on these otherwise (mostly) beautiful cars if you do want to race them, or the aforementioned inability to race these hotrods/customs against the vanilla hotrods/customs unless you specifically set up a custom ruleset for it, etc. etc.

I'm glad you like the cars, but it's entirely reasonable that people, myself included, dislike it for reasons outside of 'oh we didn't get the 2003 S2000 like Horizon did so it sucks' (though that being said, there's a lot I could talk about comparing the car passes for each game).

I do not know the differences between Horizon car packs and FM7. I could give two tosses about Horizon. Horizon will be just like Grand Theft Auto soon. It's not a pure racing game.

I find the building and tuning of the obscure cars to be more rewarding than the standard leader board cars. It does suck that you have to put the dumb looking Forza Aero on some of them. I actually try my best to build and tune without aero when possible.

I am not sure what you are talking about not being able to race them against "vanilla hotrods"? I race these cars all the time against any other cars in C B and A class. I have not run into any online hopper that I can't use these cars.

I am not sure what you are talking about not being able to race them against "vanilla hotrods"? I race these cars all the time against any other cars in C B and A class. I have not run into any online hopper that I can't use these cars.
He's referring to the fact that they aren't in the "Hot Rods & Customs" division like the '32 Ford, '40 Ford, etc. They're in "Forza Specials" which is just a catch all for cars they can't or don't want to put in existing divisions.

This may sound a bit absurd, but the Forza Specials division and all the missed potential with the cars in it (or rather, the divisions as a whole in FM7) is one thing that keeps me from playing the game that much. I just see the cars in it and I'm like, "What were they thinking? Couldn't this go there and that over there?".

He's referring to the fact that they aren't in the "Hot Rods & Customs" division like the '32 Ford, '40 Ford, etc. They're in "Forza Specials" which is just a catch all for cars they can't or don't want to put in existing divisions.

That must be it then. I don't pay that much attention to divisions. I build and tune for the class, not the division. I have done a few division cars lately, but it's not the norm.

That must be it then. I don't pay that much attention to divisions. I build and tune for the class, not the division. I have done a few division cars lately, but it's not the norm.
Everybody enjoys the game in different ways. Some like division racing, some like class racing. Personally, I like to collect the cars and take lots of photos. Really, really bad photos that I almost never share. But that's just me.

Everybody enjoys the game in different ways. Some like division racing, some like class racing. Personally, I like to collect the cars and take lots of photos. Really, really bad photos that I almost never share. But that's just me.

I raced for about 8 hours last night. B Class. I used almost exclusively Barrett Jackson cars. Very rarely did I finish out of the top 3, and I won probably 50% or more of the races. Random online B Class Hopper.

I really think that the real sleeper in this pack is the Ford Roadster. Not the easiest to build and tune though.

This may sound a bit absurd, but the Forza Specials division and all the missed potential with the cars in it (or rather, the divisions as a whole in FM7) is one thing that keeps me from playing the game that much. I just see the cars in it and I'm like, "What were they thinking? Couldn't this go there and that over there?".

Divisions are very fine and give very fun and decently balanced races.
The fact that some cars are kept out of divisions because of their characteristics (IP or tire width mostly) is another problem.
This is due to the decision of T10 not to downgrade cars to fit in a division (aside from power figure)

I think Hot rod division need a bump in performance so that most of them fit in (plymouth, Ford BJ, Hot wheels). Also it would make them more stupid, wich is fine for that division...

I tried a B Class build a couple different ways for the BJ Cuda. I think it's best suited for C Class. Nothing spectacular as an Accel car, nor as a Grip car in B Class.

I tried to take the Ford Roadster "Hula Girl" to A Class. It just wont max out on PI, and is not fast enough when maxed out to be competitive in A Class. No option for an engine swap. Too bad. I was hoping this little gem would have been the Stradale killer.

I tried to take the Ford Roadster "Hula Girl" to A Class. It just wont max out on PI, and is not fast enough when maxed out to be competitive in A Class. No option for an engine swap. Too bad. I was hoping this little gem would have been the Stradale killer.
I set mine to D class. It seems to be very effective there. Surprising, because I tried to auction it immediately. Nobody bought it. (Much like the Hoonigan cars early on, I guess, where you couldn't buy them if you didn't already have them). So I'm stuck with it now, which is fine because I will use it in D Class until I get tired of it.

Oh, and I bought a paint job for it with a pretty nice "Marvin the Martian" on it. (the character in my pic for those of you who don't know who that is, from the Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes cartoons).

You can race the Atomic Punk and Bone Shaker together competitively. Plymouth seems faster despite lower PI.

There's a list of cars I'd want before the new hot rods but what might have rubbed people the wrong way was seeing FH4 get the 992 and some other cars like DS 3 and Mosler. 992 strangely enough is a chrome trim with wooden interior, would've been a funny sight in FM7. I don't understand why not license the Carrera T instead, seems more in line with Forza IMO.

We're always being told there's cross development between Motorsport and Horizon but in terms of content we don't see this. Things like track width and wheel paint groups could have come to both games at the same time but only Horizon has them right now. This is something that could be hindering the team and it only hurts FM7 since you can't transfer designs from Horizon to the earlier Motorsport game.

Turn 10's been adding plenty of cars that don't fit divisions and I wonder if they truly want to phase them out instead, which would be a shame. Racecar divisions work well in this game. But ForzaRC is run with stock cars and stock tunes and they've made such a big deal of time attack coming back and not much talk of adding new divisions or even updating the ones we have. No prize for doing career mode either, as the cars are in the autoshow.

Latest Posts

Back