Iconic car designer Marcello Gandini has died.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 7 comments
He designed some really cool-looking cars, most aren't in any GT.

What we have in GT7, however, is the Autobianchi A112, Lambo Countach/Miura, Lancia Stratos as well as Renault 5 Turbo.

Rest in peace.

Truly one of the greatest designers in automotive history.

My personal favourite of his will always be the design too wild for even Lamborghini (or I guess Chrysler) and perhaps the epitome of '80s excess in car form: the Cizeta V16T.
cizeta-moroder_v16t_-_concorso_italiano_2003_-_fvr.jpg

R.I.P. Maestro.
One of the greatest creative minds of the industry, he will be sorely missed.
Still in shock for the news, as with the majority of italian automotive fans here.
He will be missed.

One of the three Kings of car design. Giorgetto Giugiaro, Leonardo Fioravanti and Marcello Gandini himself (R.I.P.). All born in Italy, within a 100 miles of each other and in the year 1938. And for me Gandini is the greatest of them. Ushered in the famous wedge shape designs of the 70's and 80's.

Here's one of his most beautiful designs as a tribute to the legend:
1_X_dTCxLnwdSdbSGBkxopLQ.jpg

Ciao, Signore Gandini. You defined an era in automobile design.

Last edited:
One of the three Kings of car design. Giorgetto Giugiaro, Leonardo Fioravanti and Marcello Gandini himself (R.I.P.). All born in Italy, within a 100 miles of each other and in the year 1938. And for me Gandini is the greatest of them. Ushered in the famous wedge shape designs of the 70's and 80's.

Here's one of his most beautiful designs as a tribute to the legend:
View attachment 1336787

Ciao, Signore Gandini. You defined an era in automobile design.
It's very close between Gandini and Giugiaro and Giugiaro stayed relevant longer, with a portfolio stretching into the 2010s. But its basically impossible to top the Miura, Countach, AND Stratos.

What a legend.

If the Countach didn't look like a Countach, I probably wouldn't have bitten by the car bug the same way.

Last edited:
Back