Batman: Arkham Knight

Holy hell that looks amazing. Rocksteady are developing it too so I have no doubt it will be absolutely amazing, I can't wait for this one it is a day one purchase for sure.

Confirmed:
- Massive, open world - far larger and more detailed than Arkham Origins
- Wider roads to help players use the batmobile
- Batmobile to have cool gadgets
- Release date October 17th for the UK
- Next-gen only
- Set one year after the events of 'Arkham City'

Speculation:
- 'Father to son' suggests Damion Wayne involvement? maybe

Feel free to add to my list :D

Overall one of my favourite franchises ever - even Arkham Origins (done by WB) was good - this game is gonna be amazing.

So I watched a 'trailer breakdown' video on youtube to look for clues to what could be included in the game.

Obviously we all love this formula; but Rocksteady need to up the ante for this next installment - obviously making everything bigger, and more detailed is a given but we need new, innovative ideas.

That's where the batmobile comes from, but this alone wont be enough for a 10/10 fresh game that isn't just a reiteration of the previous installments.

Many of the box art shows Batman without his cape (such as the one stood near the Batmobile), in the trailer at the start he was wearing a Batsuit that looked awfully robotic - check it out - he has two metal plates running down his back, to quote the Youtuber 'It looks like an early prototype version of Batman Beyond'. Why are we seeing so many shots of a capeless, robotic suite?

This is just speculation, but the above guy also nailed what Arkham City would include before it came out using the trailer, so are we going to see (late game perhaps) some form of futuristic Batman suit? Would definitely spice the game up.

I'm excited for this as well. I'm glad it's exclusive to next-gen also. I trust Rocksteady to wow me again. I read that Arkham Knight will be there "explosive finale" to the franchise; which is nice to see a studio plan for a legitimate ending and not milk a franchise for all its worth.

Hopefully, Arkham Knight's story revolves around Azrael's prophecy/Easter egg that was in Arkham City. I find that character very interesting, and you can't tease such an awesome prophecy and do nothing with it.

Here's some screens from the Game Informer magazine.

PLJITW2.png

8IXAGZ8.jpg

39gqjgR.jpg

qzDNdZi.jpg

EZW7OPd.jpg

DD4nIl7.jpg

lSMajBs.jpg

TWy5XTg.jpg

20KBaWu.jpg

cbfxacC.jpg

MsFcfot.jpg

VjvrwdB.jpg

uX7iDbY.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/W9h0p -> There's more in this website.

"Arkham Knight is actually a brand new character created by Rocksteady and DC." In the Gameinformer screens above it almost looks like Wrath could be the new villain, but he's not new I guess. Hmmm... so many questions.
Apparently, the size of Gotham will be 5x larger than Arkham City.

It is safe to say this year's next gen line up is now more than good enough to convince me into making a switch, time to start saving up those final pounds and get a PS4.

So Arkham Knight isn't Batman but a new villain? Sweet.

I love how Rocksteady is allowing you to upgrade your Batsuit as the game goes on - kinda like a new gadget in the old games. The new suit looks awesome.

My curiosity is only slightly aroused because Rocksteady is involved. ARKHAM ORIGINS was pretty horrible, so the change back to Rocksteady will no doubt help things along.

I just hope they don't make the mistake of bringing the Joker back. Yes, he's iconic, but reviving him after killing him off would only cheapen him. That was ORIGINS' biggest mistake - the story was a prequel, but elements of the gameplay were definitely a sequel.

I got a free copy of Arkham Knight with my new graphics card (which ironically probably won't even run it that well), after deliberating* over keeping or trading it for a few days I decided I'd just keep it. I wasn't a huge fan of City or Origins and I thought Asylum was overrated (but good, just not amazing) but hopefully this'll be better.

* By which I mean I offered it around in trade for Stock Car Extreme but no one went for it...

I got a free copy of Arkham Knight with my new graphics card (which ironically probably won't even run it that well), after deliberating* over keeping or trading it for a few days I decided I'd just keep it.
Same here, actually. Was contemplating getting rid of it myself but Arkham City wasn't a bad game so I thought "ah, what the hell" and activated the key on Steam. Can't say that I'd care about the game otherwise.

Back