Batman: Arkham Knight

I don't care for the 30 fps lock (which I've now fixed), but I'll be damned if it doesn't look better than the previous games. The visual style really fits the mood of the game.

I took screenshots that didn't save and now I has a sad. :(

I agree. Origins smacked of "oh, crap, we just killed the Joker - quick, how do we bring him back?" and it squandered its potential. Mostly because the Joker had to be drawn to Gotham by Batman; they don't have an organic, co-existing origin.

It still runs like crap even with the 30fps lock removed. Huge frame drops like 80 down to 15 fps especially when driving the batmobile and really weird stuttery/glitchy behaviour in the cut scenes. I'll wait for them to fix this before I play anymore, it's unacceptable.

It still runs like crap even with the 30fps lock removed. Huge frame drops like 80 down to 15 fps especially when driving the batmobile and really weird stuttery/glitchy behaviour in the cut scenes. I'll wait for them to fix this before I play anymore, it's unacceptable.

Yep. Apparently, another studio handled the PC port (how surprising) and Rocksteady are working on some fixes.

Yep. Apparently, another studio handled the PC port (how surprising) and Rocksteady are working on some fixes.
Hopefully it won't take long, this is the second game I ever preordered and will be the last after this.

I also didn't receive the Harley Quinn dlc even though I ordered the premium edition from gaming dragons. They sent me an email saying they are contacting WB about it, that there's a piece missing from the activation code.

It's good to see the community exploding with anger about it though, they deserve every bit of bad rep for this. It's not acceptable to expect a game to not work when it's launched. I hope people are making use of the steam refunds.

Edit: gaming dragons have rectified my dlc problem already by sending me a code.

Last edited:

The Steam reviews are Negative right now - 30% is positive. I have to say I'm not surprised the release became a flop for PC. AMD users are being hit the hardest since this game is a Gameworks title too, and funny enough I'm an AMD user. The patches better fix the issues because this is unacceptable

EDIT: It seems the Denuvo DRM the game uses could be causing some of the performance issues.

Last edited:
So, yeah...

ObF1VKl.png

The Steam reviews are Negative right now - 30% is positive. I have to say I'm not surprised the release became a flop for PC. AMD users are being hit the hardest since this game is a Gameworks title too, and funny enough I'm an AMD user. The patches better fix the issues because this is unacceptable
I have an nvidia card, and it's playable in some parts, even quite impressive performance, but then it'll just drop right down to nothing for no real reason other than I turned the camera or did a hand brake in the batmobile. It looks like it will be a great game once it's fixed and I have hope they'll fix it considering how well it runs sometimes.

@Terronium-12 Lol did he really just get caught out there? What an ***hat.

Well, we are pretty much whining at this point now.

Yeah we should totally be complacent with a game that has an FPS cap, LoD swaps in-game (at least for me), and FPS dips with and without v-sync. I may have gotten the game for "free" with my card but it's beginning to look as unpolished as Origins was. I get the whole "it's only day one!" argument, but the game was delayed.

For what, at this point is what I'd ask.

...I hope there isn't a point in the game where you're simply unable to progress any further.

Yeah we should totally be complacent with a game that has an FPS cap, LoD swaps in-game (at least for me), and FPS dips with and without v-sync. I may have gotten the game for "free" with my card but it's beginning to look as unpolished as Origins was. I get the whole "it's only day one!" argument, but the game was delayed.

For what, at this point is what I'd ask.

...I hope there isn't a point in the game where you're simply unable to progress any further.

With good reason though. It's not acceptable business practice no matter how much they try to pretend it is.

The ironic thing about that guy's response is that he's telling us we're babies, yet they released a broken game. Really, haven't these devs learned from AC Unity?

The ironic thing about that guy's response is that he's telling us we're babies, yet they released a broken game. Really, haven't these devs learned from AC Unity?
Yes we are somehow wrong in his eyes for expecting a working product in good condition, it's an absolutely disgusting attitude for a developer to have.

I wouldn't even say that's the worse thing, it's the fact he represents WB that snowballs the situation.

Didn't even realise the game's out. Doesn't sound like I've missed much, though. Meh, might not bother wasting space on my HDD.

Yeah, Rocksteady aren't that big but that was cheapo move, glad the consoles versions atleast are great.

I'd stick with those for those who can, else hopefully you bought it off steam and can get a refund.

Yeah, Rocksteady aren't that big but that was cheapo move, glad the consoles versions atleast are great.

I'd stick with those for those who can, else hopefully you bought it off steam and can get a refund.

I can't but I can still play the game. What sucks, though, is that the game was updated some time today and the update broke Steam Broadcasting. When I accept request for my friends to watch me play, Arkham Knight automatically crashes :(

PC Arkham Knight sales have been suspended.

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

The story is pretty good, but there's one big problem:
Arkham Knight is Jason Todd. The story builds up the mystery of his identity, and Rocksteady were proud of the way they had created a new character for the franchise, but then they just went with Jason.

Don't get me wrong - Jason is one of the most fascinating characters in the Batman universe. But having him as Arkham Knight is a massive let-down. It's a bit like the revelation that Black Mask was actually the Joker in Arkham Origins.

Latest Posts

Back