Batracer thread!

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 11,018 comments
Yeah, and I coulda got better times in my Ferrari and RBR if the pit babes weren't always flashing me as I drive past.

12th after my testing... not bad. I'll take the cautious setup path for now, maybe trying the high-risk stuff a few races from now.

Why do I have a 1.1 Cut Slick Soft, a 1.2 and a 1.3 one? 1.1 says heavy wear, so I guess it's worn out huh?

You have three sets of Cut Slick Softs, as you have three sets of all other tyres, if you need them

12th after my testing... not bad. I'll take the cautious setup path for now, maybe trying the high-risk stuff a few races from now.

Time of 1:34 isnt too bad in the RBR, in my public game I got a 1:33.

I just found this as well. It looks as though we'll have to keep an eye on the tyre wear during practice and qualifying, and possibly scrub all the sets in. Only 3 sets of each tyre... this could get interesting during the race.

And how do you devide those tyres, do you get 3 sets for practice, 3 for qualifying and 3 in the race. Or is there 1 tyre for every round?

Plus I wanna know what tyres you will be using inrace cause I'm an uber noob and would probably go with Cut Slicks Soft while they are probably meant for qualifying only:crazy:

Yeaaaah makes strategy a wee bit intresting. What am I gonna use for quali...

Hmmmm fair point about quali.... i have an idea about what I'll do concerning tyres, but I don't want to reveal that yet.

Sting
Time of 1:34 isnt too bad in the RBR, in my public game I got a 1:33.
1:33.464 using low aggression. I'm hoping everybody will get excited with the feeling of a new game and go ultra-aggressive during the race. I'll have fun cruising past the carnage :lol:

Why wouldnt you choose the softest tyres for qualifying. You got qualifying in RL F1 that just last for a couple of rounds right?

It is pretty obvious IMO. But why do you guys wonder about it then:confused:

Well because we only have 3 sets for the whole weekend, we've just used atleast 1 in practice so now we have 2 brand spanking new sets, another will prob be used in quali so that leaves just 1 new set for the race...

So I guess the Soft Slick tyres arent meant for racing anyway, seeing that you must use 2 tyres at least during the race, if you plan on making 1 pit stop.

Niels
So I guess the Soft Slick tyres arent meant for racing anyway, seeing that you must use 2 tyres at least during the race, if you plan on making 1 pit stop.

Not nessercerally, there's many options, example you could go for hard tyres in quali, then go back to soft for the race after the 1st pit stop.

I don't understand anything of this! I try to but just can't.. I think soft tyres are handy for qualifying and training, with racing you use tyres that live longer, right? Tyres that live longer are meds/hards?

Neocrox
I don't understand anything of this! I try to but just can't.. I think soft tyres are handy for qualifying and training, with racing you use tyres that live longer, right?

Depends on your pit strategy also, 1 stop you want the longer living tires, 3 stops it don't matter. I think mostly its just about trial and error.

Neocrox
I don't understand anything of this! I try to but just can't.. I think soft tyres are handy for qualifying and training, with racing you use tyres that live longer, right?

It's possible but that could come at a loss of grip, especially for Bahrain where the heat is significant.

It's confusing yes but you gotta think about it and look at various options.

Well I think because Bahrain is hot, you must not use Soft slicks cause they will run out even faster than normally. And because it's more hot there, the normal hard slicks would have plenty of grip there too seeing that when temperature rises, grip increases.

theres a single spot left in a public game that Bee and I are also in

Back