Battlefield 3

• Thread starter The Bman
  • 14,126 comments
Well I guess it all will depend a lot how optimized the graphics engine is. I couldn't run Crysis on my screen's full resolution without dropping below 25-30 FPS while Modern Warfare 2 couldn't possibly run faster on my system while on my screen's full resolution. It does, however, show how good the graphics engines have improved as of lately.

But Crysis still looks pretty decent at 25-30 FPS on mediocre setting because it's so polished. But yeah I might have to get a PC to play this. 64 player online? fuuuu as long as I can use my PS3 controller. :D

The new sniper video on IGN is just amazing even though this game is still in Alpha. Getting sniped and flowerpot right next to you just shatters. We should get a list of people who are getting this for PS3 and 360. Well I will getting this for PS3, but I would like to start adding people who are going to get this game and hopefully would like to team up while we destroy our enemys. Muhahaha

IGN Battlefield 3 Sniper Hunt

Will probably be getting this for PS3, dependant on how the beta goes.

Anyone know who the enemy is? The Sukhoi says Russia, but i'm pretty sure that the Russians don't use .50cal sniper rifles. Maybe Middle Eastern Rebels?

The hotel sign is also written in a middle eastern writing, so it's something out there. But I'm probably going to get this as well...

Will probably be getting this for PS3, dependant on how the beta goes.

Anyone know who the enemy is? The Sukhoi says Russia, but i'm pretty sure that the Russians don't use .50cal sniper rifles. Maybe Middle Eastern Rebels?

It says the enemy is some sort of rebellion so you are right.

I want.
COD will have to pull out something pretty spectacular to stop me buying this.

The main reason I am getting the PC is because of the keyboard and mouse control, does anyone know if the PS3 will allow the same keyboard n mouse control?
_w_
A_D
_Z_
Keyboard+Warrior.jpg

Last edited:
Another Teaser... Nice!! Gets good at the end!

Can't wait! Still tearing it up on BBC2 Vietnam and Multiplayer. The fun factor is still there for me in this game. I still mainly play conquest, but miss Rush greatly. 👍

The main reason I am getting the PC is because of the keyboard and mouse control, does anyone know if the PS3 will allow the same keyboard n mouse control?
_w_
A_D
_Z_
Keyboard+Warrior.jpg

Not sure, but even if it does, if you have a PC that can run this game well, get it for that.

64 player online for PC, 24 for consoles. Trying to save up for a good PC before the game launches, but if I can't I'll be able to settle for 24 players.

Last edited:
Here is the full 12min video (comprised of all the other previously released Vid's)

Video is awesome, just wondering how much frame rate will be cut for consoles considering the actual game play footage to date has been from PC.

I wonder if there will be any hand to hand combat as seen in the video? I would love to jack up some noob snipers with my hands, forget knifing for dog tags or a simple bullet to the head! Bring on the Beta EA/DICE! 👍

This game will be one of the best games in 2011, if not in the decade!
The whole enviroment, the graphics.

And I mean, we just saw the Alpha - Version of the game in the 12Min - Trailer!
Just imaging, what we can expect from the final product!

Just amazing!

Looks awesome, like watching real footage from the crazy street battles in Iraq. I'd love to see a Battlefield that is based on true accounts, especially of the brave Marines that fought for Fallujah.

I'm sure if I watched it a few times I could pick out more stuff i'm not too impressed by, but right now i'm amazed. Let's just hope that earthquakes and enemy taking no visible damage from being punched in the face several times are as far fetched as it gets!

This game will be one of the best games in 2011, if not in the decade!
The whole enviroment, the graphics.

And I mean, we just saw the Alpha - Version of the game in the 12Min - Trailer!
Just imaging, what we can expect from the final product!

Just amazing!

Same thought,just awesome.

I wonder which will be the PC specs will be necessary to run it,I guess that I need to get and AMD quad or something higher than 4.5 ghz ,and more ram,and upgrade to 7(damn).

They should develop for mac or at least ubuntu.

I have a reservation for a pre-ordered copy at GameStop.

Any update on the maps? I would like to see a few more.

I can´t even understand how people can play FPS games with a controller :)
Talk about limiting the experience imo. Same with a controller in sims.

Man i bought a monster computer just for this game, will be so much fun to see how good it looks maxed out.

The trailers you see above is made with one GTX580, so i bought two since i have two extra 120Hz screens to render.

This game will be off the hook!!

Limited Edition just announced! :drool:

thegamershub
The Physical Warfare Pack offers exclusive weapons and items including the Type 88 light machine gun, the SKS sniper rifle flash suppressor and the lethal armor-piercing flechette ammo for the DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun. Also included is day one access to the highly versatile DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun itself. In addition to the launch day exclusive weapons, the Physical Warfare Pack also offers the Battlefield 3 Back to Karkand digital expansion pack.

Looks like it'll be worth picking this up... 👍

Latest Posts

Back