Battlefield 3

• Thread starter The Bman
  • 14,126 comments
I just managed a triple kill with one bullet while using the JNG-90. A Support player on the other team laid some C4 on the ground. I guess he might have been trying to lay a trap or something. I thought, why not shoot that and at least clear it from being a trap. Well I shoot the C4, multiple explosions go off and I end up with a triple kill. Awesome stuff and very satisfying. :lol:

Brett
I just managed a triple kill with one bullet while using the JNG-90. A Support player on the other team laid some C4 on the ground. I guess he might have been trying to lay a trap or something. I thought, why not shoot that and at least clear it from being a trap. Well I shoot the C4, multiple explosions go off and I end up with a triple kill. Awesome stuff and very satisfying. :lol:

Nice! I've come close to doing something like that, but I ways panic and miss, then shoot like crazy trying to hit it :lol:

It was fortunate that I was very dialed in for the distance needed to make the shot. I bet the other two players were wondering how they died.

The Battlefield Friends video is hilarious like usual. If you have not seen the newer battle loggers videos they are great too. YouTube: battle loggers sexy man pose.

Has anyone else lost everything on the Xbox? My rank, guns, attachments etc. are all gone.

Yeah. Extra funny because we have been doing it for a long time. I dont do it by constant switching tho.

Sorry i havent been on to much this week. Got myself wrapped up in the game of thrones books and have read the first 3.5 books in the last ten days.

Start throwing grenade, then hold either aim or shoot ( i forget as its more instinct) like if you were to cook a grenade.

Oh I forgot about this.

Installed my 780's, put everything on absolutely maximum, went for Metro 64 man Rush.

Stable at 130-135 FPS, even in the most chaotic situations. :D

Oh I forgot about this.

Installed my 780's, put everything on absolutely maximum, went for Metro 64 man Rush.

Stable at 130-135 FPS, even in the most chaotic situations. :D

Lucky for some!

I'm struggling to run anything more than low settings on the bigger maps with 64 players if I want to keep an average of 60fps.

I went from a 550ti to a 660 and now to a 660ti and I still get major issues with the big maps and 64 players. What card do I need to run Ultra settings 60fps at 1920x1080? CPU is a AMD FX-4100 4x 3.6ghz is the cpu holding me back?

I can run decent settings on most maps but the big ones like Gulf of oman and Caspian just kill my fps

Last edited:
Lucky for some!

I'm struggling to run anything more than low settings on the bigger maps with 64 players if I want to keep an average of 60fps.

I went from a 550ti to a 660 and now to a 660ti and I still get major issues with the big maps and 64 players. What card do I need to run Ultra settings 60fps at 1920x1080? CPU is a AMD FX-4100 4x 3.6ghz is the cpu holding me back?

I can run decent settings on most maps but the big ones like Gulf of oman and Caspian just kill my fps

A GTX 580 and i5 2500K can't run BF3 with ultra settings at 1680x1050, at least not at 60fps. I'd guess a 670 is the minimum for ultra, my 680 runs it comfortably now but you don't have to go that far. I don't know anything about AMD processors but it's probably fine. I'm surprised you need to run it on low settings on bigger maps with a 660Ti though, maybe it is the processor after all?

A GTX 580 and i5 2500K can't run BF3 with ultra settings at 1680x1050, at least not at 60fps. I'd guess a 670 is the minimum for ultra, my 680 runs it comfortably now but you don't have to go that far. I don't know anything about AMD processors but it's probably fine. I'm surprised you need to run it on low settings on bigger maps with a 660Ti though, maybe it is the processor after all?

Yeah it's getting a bit annoying, throwing money on new cards and still having to turn the settings down. I'll have to try a big step up to a NZD $600-$700 card.

Edit: Actually just been reading that my CPU has been an issue for others playing bf3 multiplayer so might look at upgrading that first.

Last edited:
Yeah it's getting a bit annoying, throwing money on new cards and still having to turn the settings down. I'll have to try a big step up to a NZD $600-$700 card.

Edit: Actually just been reading that my CPU has been an issue for others playing bf3 multiplayer so might look at upgrading that first.
Does it have to be AMD? Well I guess you don't want to buy a new board...

Perhaps a FX-8350 in that case.

Does it have to be AMD? Well I guess you don't want to buy a new board...

Perhaps a FX-8350 in that case.

Yea i'd rather not buy a new board, but i'm well aware that the AMD processors are not as good as the intel variants.

I'm looking at an FX 6300, would it be worth spending $100 more for a 8350? The 6300 should be a big step up from the bottom of the line 4100.

My new gun of choice for the assault class is the AS VAL. Does anyone else have good luck with that gun? I've been working on getting the e-mag for it because 20 rounds at 900rpm just isn't sufficient. Too many times have I either died while reloading or had to kill someone with my M1911.

Edit: Currently have 118/200 for the E-mag.

Last edited:
My new gun of choice for the assault class is the AS VAL. Does anyone else have good luck with that gun? I've been working on getting the e-mag for it because 20 rounds at 900rpm just isn't sufficient. Too many times have I either died while reloading or had to kill someone with my M1911.

Edit: Currently have 118/200 for the E-mag.

That Gun is Boss! went 40-3 With it. TDM at Canals.

Yea i'd rather not buy a new board, but i'm well aware that the AMD processors are not as good as the intel variants.

I'm looking at an FX 6300, would it be worth spending $100 more for a 8350?
Probably not

The problem is that AMD CPU are so bad at the moment, it's just not worth buying them. Actually even a X4 965 is faster than your fx-4100. :lol: Although on the other hand intel started slowing down with Ivy Bridge and Haswell...
The 6300 should be a big step up from the bottom of the line 4100.
What's the resolution you use (didn't you say 1080?)? 1080p or higher and I say most likely no, instead do the following:

Better save the money and overclock it a little if you really think the CPU slows you down. The FX-4100 loves to be overclocked, they easily go 4.5ghz+.
Unless your cooling is crap.

Just play the game and check how your CPU load is. Even simple tools like the Task Manager should do the job. You'll see if it really is the CPU.

Something like this: http://i.imgur.com/f3PkUfD.jpg
(That's NOT my PC)

Last edited:
Does anyone here have the m1911 s-tac? I just can't get the air dropped ifv on ifv kill. Any tips? Anyone want to help me? Thanks.

Probably not

The problem is that AMD CPU are so bad at the moment, it's just not worth buying them. Actually even a X4 965 is faster than your fx-4100. :lol: Although on the other hand intel started slowing down with Ivy Bridge and Haswell...

I'd say only the FX-8350 is worth considering, because it's cheaper than a 3570k and performs better with multi-threading. Like, a lot better.

Problem is, nearly no games use multi-threading yet.

So...... Something lastnight that surprised me, on the PC version, my squad (who are all on teamspeak) kept seeing a couple guys with the same clan tag doing what I coined as "The death levitation prone Jesus Hack". Upon getting shot, they would pop up into the air in a prone position where they would float and riddle you with bullets and you would be dead. HOW IN THE HECK does punkbuster not catch these people? It really just ruins the game for me, but this one was by far the most in your face and blatant hack. Anyone else see this?

Does anyone here have the m1911 s-tac? I just can't get the air dropped ifv on ifv kill. Any tips? Anyone want to help me? Thanks.

Nope. I have not finished that Assignment. I also lack capturing one flag and returning one flag to finish the Assignments needed to unlock the next Assignment. Further, I am not particularly fond of Capture the Flag either.

EDIT: Funny how some things work. I just captured one flag and returned one flag in the first game of Capture the Flag I have played in quite a while. I need one more flag capture to finish the SCAR-L Assignment. So one flag capture and one Airdropped IFV destroy of an enemy IFV left.

Last edited:
Probably not

What's the resolution you use (didn't you say 1080?)? 1080p or higher and I say most likely no, instead do the following:

Better save the money and overclock it a little if you really think the CPU slows you down. The FX-4100 loves to be overclocked, they easily go 4.5ghz+.
Unless your cooling is crap.

Just play the game and check how your CPU load is. Even simple tools like the Task Manager should do the job. You'll see if it really is the CPU.

Something like this: http://i.imgur.com/f3PkUfD.jpg
(That's NOT my PC)

Yea I'm playing at 1920x1080p, I tried overclocking it to 4ghz but it didn't change much. I'm almost certain the cpu is bottlenecking because the cpu has all 4 cores almost maxed out while the gpu never gets above 50-60%.

Back