Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments
WWII would be awesome, just the thought of a WWII game with the destructibility that we know from battlefield games...
But if the rumours are to be believed, it will be set in the near future, with modern, present day weapons. Which is not bad either, if done correctly.
But just one more day to wait my friends!
If I get my Apache and Blackhawk back with a Stryker, I'll take another modern thing (even though it's getting tiring lol).

WWII because M1 Garand and M1911. 👍 Plus awesome air support and no guided weapons or air burst rounds.

I really hope BF5 goes to WWI or WWII. I would even take the Korean War but that's not gonna happen.

I have absolutely no interest in anything futuristic but I would take another modern themed game providing it was realistic and done well. It seems like they are ready to move away from that though.

I really hope BF5 goes to WWI or WWII. I would even take the Korean War but that's not gonna happen.

I have absolutely no interest in anything futuristic but I would take another modern themed game providing it was realistic and done well. It seems like they are ready to move away from that though.
My top 3 are: WWII, WWI and Korea.

If it's futuristic I'm not buying it, the future is dull at this point (mechs and lazers,.....yay? :crazy: ).

Agreed. I cut my teeth on Battlefield 1942 (which maxed out my college laptop storage at the time) so I'm a little biased.

Battlefield 3 was good on PS3 but that was the last shooter I bought or played. I've been playing World at War lately with my son and it got me thinking about what a good WWII game would be like on current gen. Lots of potential there.

Agreed. I cut my teeth on Battlefield 1942 (which maxed out my college laptop storage at the time) so I'm a little biased.

Battlefield 3 was good on PS3 but that was the last shooter I bought or played. I've been playing World at War lately with my son and it got me thinking about what a good WWII game would be like on current gen. Lots of potential there.
DICE could really knock a WWII or WWI game out of the park I think.

I'd be really happy if it's a World War shooter, regardless of WW1 or WW2. Even if it's a modern combar setting like recent Battlefield games (e.g. BF3 and BF4), I wouldn't be disappointed. Although, if the game has a very futuristic setting, I might have think about getting the game eventually, I'm not that guy for futuristic themed shooters.

EDIT: FIRST TEASER!

No....No....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T BE FUTURE! Something large is flying over the guys head, that can only be a bad sign of a stupid Titan aircraft carrier. :scared:

Battlefield.... Bad Company 3???
Sadly no... :(

With the announcement of the newest game, I might look to get my eye in on the Battlefield games by jumping into BF4.

I've been searching the PS Store on the desktop and saw that the Premium Edition is on offer for £12.99. Is this a bargain to try out?

With the announcement of the newest game, I might look to get my eye in on the Battlefield games by jumping into BF4.

I've been searching the PS Store on the desktop and saw that the Premium Edition is on offer for £12.99. Is this a bargain to try out?

I second this question :D

I honestly think i put less then 100 hours in BF4, kind of got bored of it. :lol:

Do you like FPS games? BF4 is an amazing game, I've had it from release and still play it nearly every chance I get. Highly recommend.

Do you like FPS games? BF4 is an amazing game, I've had it from release and still play it nearly every chance I get. Highly recommend.

I've been getting more into FPS games and I'm looking into trying new stuff out.

I just reinstalled Battlefield 4 the other day, still an amazing online shooter. And I'm surprised that the stats still show such high popularity, on the PS4 reportedly on a typical day almost twice as many players as Battlefront (which I also enjoy but it really needs more maps and - for my taste - would have benefited from a more comprehensive progression system).

Last Thursday, I brought Battlefield 4 on my PS4 while it was on sale for $10, but I wasn't able to play it until I returned home Sunday night from a trip. Something I noticed is that my sniping skills has vastly improved, I now can hit long range targets, and as a result I managed to get 2 long range sniper kills within the last week. Even though 2 kills isn't that impressive and I still need more practice hitting moving targets, it's still better than what I was doing on the PS3 thanks to the major wire of a HDMI cord. Second thing I noticed is that I got better with semiautomatic weapons such as pistols and DMRs, and the 'single' setting on automatic weapons. I realize how beneficial the 'single' setting could be hitting medium distance targets than trying to kill them using the 'auto' setting. In all, I'm glad I got this game again, it's still fun as hell as it was on the PS3, but I find really annoying that the ***hats finally figured out how to fly helis properly, well at least I got my stinger with me.

Last edited:
Just love Russians.. arguing with one rght now. He was convinced I'm American cuz I speak English.

Lost it at "Yankee go home" in his broken English.

Then for a moment he railed on me cuz he thought I was Polish, and went off on Poland.. then went off on England, Germany, France..

:lol:

Still at it. He's trying to guess where I'm from. Nothing funnier than an enraged Russian tryig to find a proper insult. Cussed him out in about 7 different languages.. Serbo-Croatian got him :lol:

He left. His friend gave him some words of wisdom. Roughly translated: "Just let it be... he's clearly ignoring you and probably laughing at you. Just leave if it botherd you that much.

Aaaanyway. Loving the game. Haven't been on in such a long time.

Anyone up for some Battlefield with mics? I would love some tactical Hardcore gameplay.

Would offer to play a Hardcore Squad Deathmatch, but no one plays them :(

Last edited:
Hey guys! Just got this on Origin a few months ago but have still been playing Battlefield 3 because most of my mates still play on 3. Anyone on here play 4 on PC? Looking for some people to play 4 :) I'm not that good, so you've been warned in case you're uber competitive

I loaded up the game on both the PS3 and 4 to compare interfaces, and I gotta say, the new one is really smooth. I like it.

Started playing this a few months ago on PS3 and am really enjoying it, although the campaign wasn't great (IMO one of the worst BF campaigns I've played) but the multiplayer is amazing, but I'm wondering if my online data will transfer if I start playing on PS4. Main thing I'm interested in is gun unlocks, including those unlocked through story accolades as I don't want to lose the M416 which required bronze in one of the later story missions (and about 11000 Assault Rifle score)

Back