Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments
Started playing this a few months ago on PS3 and am really enjoying it, although the campaign wasn't great (IMO one of the worst BF campaigns I've played) but the multiplayer is amazing, but I'm wondering if my online data will transfer if I start playing on PS4. Main thing I'm interested in is gun unlocks, including those unlocked through story accolades as I don't want to lose the M416 which required bronze in one of the later story missions (and about 11000 Assault Rifle score)

The M416 doesnt have any requirements from singleplayer, The only guns you unlock from the story are the REX revolver and the P90 and M249 from doing the two endings. When i transfered my progress ages ago it worked fine.

The M416 doesnt have any requirements from singleplayer, The only guns you unlock from the story are the REX revolver and the P90 and M249 from doing the two endings. When i transfered my progress ages ago it worked fine.
On PS3 it does, but if there are no requirements for it on PS4 (aside from AR score) then I'll be happy

On PS3 it does, but if there are no requirements for it on PS4 (aside from AR score) then I'll be happy

The way I've been reading this, it seems to me that you believe the weapons you unlock in SP transfer over to MP (I think, but I could be wrong.) The weapons you unlock in campaign are only usable in campaign, whilst you can unlock them in MP, too, but that comes from ranking up/leveling up each class in MP. Campaign has no unlocks for multiplayer besides the final weapons you get for beating the campaign.

Again, that's how I've interpreted your question; I could be completely off.

The way I've been reading this, it seems to me that you believe the weapons you unlock in SP transfer over to MP (I think, but I could be wrong.) The weapons you unlock in campaign are only usable in campaign, whilst you can unlock them in MP, too, but that comes from ranking up/leveling up each class in MP. Campaign has no unlocks for multiplayer besides the final weapons you get for beating the campaign.

Again, that's how I've interpreted your question; I could be completely off.
No, before that mission the MP M416 unlock requirement was to get bronze on Tashgar before changing to 11,000 assault rifle score (in MP) afterwards

No, before that mission the MP M416 unlock requirement was to get bronze on Tashgar before changing to 11,000 assault rifle score (in MP) afterwards

So you have to play MP to unlock a weapon in SP? I've never seen that before, and I don't know why they would have changed it.

So you have to play MP to unlock a weapon in SP? I've never seen that before, and I don't know why they would have changed it.
The otherway around, you have to get the bronze assignment on Tashgar before being able to unlock the M416 in MP.

The otherway around, you have to get the bronze assignment on Tashgar before being able to unlock the M416 in MP.

Nope the bronze assignment in tashgar unlocks the M416 for use in campaign only. If you want it in MP its the second unlockable assault rifle in the Assault MP progression after the SCAR H. As said above it takes 11,000 assault score to unlock.

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield_4_Singleplayer_Assignmentsant

http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4-weapon-unlocks/

Last edited:
Since I'm still stuck on bf4 with no other (newer)shooter which can give me the same satisfaction as bf4 gives me, I made a montage of my latest (Covid-19) gameplay.

There are plenty of conquest lobbies to choose from too, NA and EU. I have a bunch saved as favorites and whenever I want to play there's a server to join. Some of them are DLC servers too which have the best of the DLC maps. I'm almost done unlocking all the guns I want but I'm not even close to getting all attachments for everything. I'm thinking of going through all the weapons and getting the attachments. By no means will I do a weapon mastery (500 kills) but 160 unlocks all attachments so I can mess around with anything.

I've been playing Hardcore Metro for the past five years :lol:. Never left BF4. Tried out BFV after the Pacific update dropped, loved it for a week before they changed the TTK and it was right back to BF4.

I remember this game launching broken and unbalanced, it took them 2 years to get it to it’s current state. But it’s still the last Battlefield game that I loved and I still play it to this day.

Last edited:
Back