Battlefield V ( November 20,2018 )

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 277 comments
Indeed. I agree with most of the comments about the graphics, sound and interface-in-general. It's a WIP of course and I doubt I'll hate the finished version as much as I hated BF"1" :D
I played the beta when it was available, and the look of this Tiger reminded me of Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match. Perhaps it's just me and my continuous seeing and playing this tank in War Thunder, but it looks too bright and toy-like in BFV. Almost like it's covered with gold.

Tiger in BFV...

and in GuP. Not so different. :D

and for comparision - War Thunder. The tank mode is 4 years old already, but at least the Dunkelgelb color does look like a camouflage tone.

Played ea access, they will need to fix a lot of things but still enjoyable.
Its a lot harder, on battfield 1 i wasn't the best shot so id just constantly throw med kits , and take flags 9 times out of 10 that would give me a top 3 finish and rarely finish out of the top 5.
That tactic doesn't work on 5 which is good, a challenge is good. Now im struggling to get a top 5 . Its more of a grind around the flags and if you're not communicating with your sqaud forget it. We have a platoon of 25 regulars.

Last edited:
What time zone is your platoon in? I'm in the GameFAQs one and have been with the regulars there since Bad Company 2. I was watching some of TheBrokenMachine and Westie's live stream today and also AverageSniper as I plan to be mostly recon. BrokenMachine is great with assault and running around the objective.

What time zone is your platoon in? I'm in the GameFAQs one and have been with the regulars there since Bad Company 2. I was watching some of TheBrokenMachine and Westie's live stream today and also AverageSniper as I plan to be mostly recon. BrokenMachine is great with assault and running around the objective.
Im in aus so whatever that is lol
We are the moist maynes

Put 8hrs in so far really stuggling to get a top 10 and loving it.
Big difference from bf1 .
The maps are awsome you need to spend a bit of time defending the objectives, this is where building barricades help a lot.
Tank play is good a bit buggy but shooting is great.

David Sirland from DICE said that adding USSR would be difficult because "it changed sides at least once".
facepalm.jpg

Later, he apologized and explained what he meant - the USSR would "require its own faction".

But why? He wants the Soviets to fight against the Allies in the multiplayer?

Done my 10 hrs
Some things i really like , planes feel really nice and look good ,not to hard to handle.
Tanks are brilliant tiger tank slow and heavy but packs some punch.
Very good when you have someone lined up who is reviving someone and boom.
Some of the cannons are awsome and a good laugh when you get hit by one.
The snow looks brilliant even better covered in blood.
Building barricades is very helpful to defend an objective , the more time on it the better it gets

I cant disagree with them here because the Soviets were not really part of the Allies until the German invasion of the USSR in 1941.

USSR might have participated in WW2 when it started but at that time they were not part of the Allies but by itself I mean heck they collarborated with Germany in splitting spheres of influence in Eastern Europe.

I can see why they are going to include them by themselves.

Could this hint at the USSR vs Poland?? Since Poland was part of the Allies?

Will just see it would be stupid to Ignore the USSR in a WW2 game.

Any benefit to pre-order other than that time to play early? I don't care about that but I do care about in-game content. I saw the PSN pre-order gives a theme but can't find a video of it on YouTube yet. Can someone with that pre-order not download the theme yet?

I cant disagree with them here because the Soviets were not really part of the Allies until the German invasion of the USSR in 1941.

USSR might have participated in WW2 when it started but at that time they were not part of the Allies but by itself I mean heck they collarborated with Germany in splitting spheres of influence in Eastern Europe.
Shorlty before that, the future Allies - Britain and France - colluded with Germany in division of Czechoslovakia (Munich Agreement), and Poland grabbed a piece of the cake, too. But of course that doesn't count. /s

I can see why they are going to include them by themselves.

Could this hint at the USSR vs Poland?? Since Poland was part of the Allies?
Not everyone knows this when talking about Poland in 1939, but by the 17th of September, when Soviet troops entered the eastern Poland (or western Ukraine, western Belarus and Lithuania's Vilnius region as they are today), the Polish army was already broke. Most of the Polish troops were deployed to the west to fight the Germans, and the Soviets barely faced any resistance on the east. Plus, the commander of the Polish army, Rydz-Smigly, ordered his troops to not resist to the Russians (except for self-defence), and the goverment of Poland was about to run away to Romania. Because of the little resistance, the Red Army was advancing so fast that the supply units weren't able to deliver fuel in time.

So, I don't think it's worth being in a game like Battlefield. Or even the Polish army, that didn't exist for too long during the WW2; the Polish forces that fought for the Allies later were de-facto parts of the British (Anders' army) or Soviet (Berling's army) forces.

On a cite note: before the Polish campaign, the USSR sided against Germany and Italy in the Spanish civil war, and fought Japan twice, who wasn't an Ally by ANY chance.

Will just see it would be stupid to Ignore the USSR in a WW2 game.
Like one guy on a Russian forum said, "Please, no USSR in this game! Or we will find out that there were black transgender cyborgs in the Red Army who invaded Poland on IS-3's!".

What do DICE mean by the "own faction"? If they mean the USSR can't fight on the same maps as the western Allies, that is fine (and that's how it should be), but normally a "third faction" means that it can fight against both of the other two. Which weird to say the least.

So far so good, its a lot harder then bf1, use cover and lots of it , build fortifications on your way to objectives, hold the objectives and bunker down to defend, a lot of it is a grind. Ideally get 2 sqauds of 4 running together and communication is the key.
Dont run right in to revive clear the area first for cover fire when reviving .

Shorlty before that, the future Allies - Britain and France - colluded with Germany in division of Czechoslovakia (Munich Agreement), and Poland grabbed a piece of the cake, too. But of course that doesn't count. /s

Not everyone knows this when talking about Poland in 1939, but by the 17th of September, when Soviet troops entered the eastern Poland (or western Ukraine, western Belarus and Lithuania's Vilnius region as they are today), the Polish army was already broke. Most of the Polish troops were deployed to the west to fight the Germans, and the Soviets barely faced any resistance on the east. Plus, the commander of the Polish army, Rydz-Smigly, ordered his troops to not resist to the Russians (except for self-defence), and the goverment of Poland was about to run away to Romania. Because of the little resistance, the Red Army was advancing so fast that the supply units weren't able to deliver fuel in time.

So, I don't think it's worth being in a game like Battlefield. Or even the Polish army, that didn't exist for too long during the WW2; the Polish forces that fought for the Allies later were de-facto parts of the British (Anders' army) or Soviet (Berling's army) forces.

On a cite note: before the Polish campaign, the USSR sided against Germany and Italy in the Spanish civil war, and fought Japan twice, who wasn't an Ally by ANY chance.

Like one guy on a Russian forum said, "Please, no USSR in this game! Or we will find out that there were black transgender cyborgs in the Red Army who invaded Poland on IS-3's!".

What do DICE mean by the "own faction"? If they mean the USSR can't fight on the same maps as the western Allies, that is fine (and that's how it should be), but normally a "third faction" means that it can fight against both of the other two. Which weird to say the least.

Indeed people also seem to forget how The British appeased the Germans.

Many factors on how WW2 happened. We could all go on and on about it.

But I do strongly believe that Hitler should have been put on a leash too bad Britain appeased Hitler too much.

I really wonder if we are going to see Italy and Japan.

As much as the Italians were useless it would great to have them in the game.

Played ea access, they will need to fix a lot of things but still enjoyable.
Its a lot harder, on battfield 1 i wasn't the best shot so id just constantly throw med kits , and take flags 9 times out of 10 that would give me a top 3 finish and rarely finish out of the top 5.
That tactic doesn't work on 5 which is good, a challenge is good. Now im struggling to get a top 5 . Its more of a grind around the flags and if you're not communicating with your sqaud forget it. We have a platoon of 25 regulars.

Yea thats good to know. I mainly played medic in battlefield 1 and would always be in the top 5 for that same exact reason. Can't wait to get my squad ready in 5 more days.

I've been watching a bunch of reviews on youtube and love the look of the maps.

Picking this game up today- For people in USA it is already on sale for $30 at Target for both consoles. You can price match at Best Buy and get the steel case free. Sale ends Thursday (2 days).

I have read there are issues but that is normal for BF games to have a rough start. I expect it to improve over 2019.

Picking this game up today- For people in USA it is already on sale for $30 at Target for both consoles. You can price match at Best Buy and get the steel case free. Sale ends Thursday (2 days).

I have read there are issues but that is normal for BF games to have a rough start. I expect it to improve over 2019.
Yep theres a lot ,but dont stress things are getting fixed its not bad enough to turn you off the game.
Work on your classes at least 1 weapon a class so you can level your weapons up to mod them.

No one is talking about BF V. From the channels I follow on YT (I don't check news games outlets like Polygon, Kotaku, Game Infomer, etc) only one made a video about BF V and it was not even a review. Bad times for EA. Which I don't care tbh.

I opened an exception and I bought BF I when it came out because I wanted a decent game set in WWI after Medal of Honor back in the ps1 (or 2 I can't remember). The last EA game I bought before that was FIFA 12, which I used to buy every year.

Picked this up on Black Friday. Said i would wait longer but got it for £30. Played a few rounds so far. Enjoyable, Hate the limited ammo and health though. Just doesnt need to be a thing.

Big update on 6th december. Start of tides of war and a lot is ment to be added. Looing forward to it.

Limited ammo isn't a problem once you kill a guy or two as everyone drops an ammo pouch on death. That really helps.

We should make a GTPlanet Platoon

The game doesn't look appealing to me atm, I might wait until its super cheap or skip it entirely. I was a huge fan of the BF series before, I never thought I would come to this.

But I really don't like EA, so I don't want to give them a penny.

Last edited:
I also really don't like EA, so I don't want to give them a penny.
This mindset always bothered me. You're giving money to the good people that made this game. EA is not a singular entity that's maniacally tapping his fingers together Mr. Burns-style when it gets your money.

Anyway, one of the racing leagues I'm in requires you to have a sponsor as a basis for your livery so I decided to make a Battlefield V version of the Merc AMG Battlefield 1 livery.

4837437818859946024_23.jpg

5044110820507648032_23.jpg

Last edited:
This mindset always bothered me. You're giving money to the good people that made this game. EA is not a singular entity that's maniacally tapping his fingers together Mr. Burns-style when it gets your money.

The people at Dice are a really good team of developers but I'm just really tired of scummy publishers like EA. So I am very reluctant to contribute to their ******** any further.

EA call the shots, DICE do the grunt work.

Back