Battlefield V ( November 20,2018 )

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 277 comments
Limited ammo isn't a problem once you kill a guy or two as everyone drops an ammo pouch on death. That really helps.

We should make a GTPlanet Platoon

I know its not a big deal, Its just an annoyance that adds nothing to the game. Id rather spend my time playing the objective than searching for a health crate because theres no chance team mates will give out any. The ammo side of the attrition system isnt that bad, Being left at 2/3rds health after every single fire fight is...

It's harder than BFI for sure, but I find it enjoyable. It would be cool if they added USSR faction.

Im sure that will come in time with the tides of war, Along with the americans and Japanese also...

Last edited:
Try to make it back to your nearest held objective and build a health crate if no one else has. It's not great but it will keep you going and a bit like a reset without losing a life. Retreat to safe ground, resupply and head back out onto the "BATTLEFIELD".

Try to make it back to your nearest held objective and build a health crate if no one else has. It's not great but it will keep you going and a bit like a reset without losing a life. Retreat to safe ground, resupply and head back out onto the "BATTLEFIELD".

Id rather not play than do this after everyother firefight. Like i said it just adds nothing to the gameplay. Just a nuisance added to the games for no good reason. Every other BF game has done without a stupid system like this. I just dont get it.

No one is talking about BF V. From the channels I follow on YT (I don't check news games outlets like Polygon, Kotaku, Game Infomer, etc) only one made a video about BF V and it was not even a review. Bad times for EA. Which I don't care tbh.

I really don't know what's going on with EA. They seem to be falling apart. I think their sports titles are finally starting to lose people, since they don't really care about Franchise Modes or Career Modes anymore, while the online modes are blatant money grabs by microtransactions. And every non-sports game release they've had in the past few years has been turbulent.

How is BF5? Is it worth getting? Is it that much better or different than BF1?

I really don't know what's going on with EA. They seem to be falling apart. I think their sports titles are finally starting to lose people, since they don't really care about Franchise Modes or Career Modes anymore, while the online modes are blatant money grabs by microtransactions. And every non-sports game release they've had in the past few years has been turbulent.

How is BF5? Is it worth getting? Is it that much better or different than BF1?
Huge difference ,medic in bf1 i could top 3 most rounds and make highlight reel 9 times out of 10 for flags and supplies.
Medic on bfv im struggling occasionally get top ten had only 1 3rd place guns are bad but apparently getting fixed on the 4th.
There are a lot of bugs the game seems half done ,it can get a bit frustrating. But overall i still really enjoy it.loving the tanks and building trenches and sand bags can really help hold an objectives.
If you run with one or 2 squads and work together its great.we had 3 sqauds running a few times it was great.

Been playing a bit recently had some good games, If they sort a few things out i think it could recover to be a very good game although i fear its a bit late already, Still im enjoying it. The one thing they definitely nailed without a doubt is the soundtrack. The BFV version of "I vow to thee my country" the song played during the "My country calling" prologue is one of the most beautiful and fitting pieces of music ive heared in a game in a long time.

Brilliant.

I was able to play some last Friday afternoon and had a good time. I was able to call in two V1 rockets and both managed a number of kills. Since I skipped Battlefield 1, I am rusty and was overwhelmed at times trying to get my bearings. I did pretty well individually, but never felt particularly confident in what I was doing.

It's not awful but at times it is. They need to fix two things.

1) You can't hear any footsteps or movement so it's impossible to hear some sneaking by you like you could in BF1

2) You got spotted on the mini-map when you kill someone. So many deaths come from someone catching you hiding behind cover reloading after a kill and you're defenseless. It sucks

1) You can't hear any footsteps or movement so it's impossible to hear some sneaking by you like you could in BF1

2) You got spotted on the mini-map when you kill someone. So many deaths come from someone catching you hiding behind cover reloading after a kill and you're defenseless. It sucks

Change sound preset in the audio options to "3D Headphones" way better directional sound. Dont know why its not default.

Getting spotted when killing someone is a bug. Its getting fixed soon hopefully.

Change sound preset in the audio options to "3D Headphones" way better directional sound. Dont know why its not default.

Getting spotted when killing someone is a bug. Its getting fixed soon hopefully.
I use that and still have sound issues .I also heard others say it's not a bug and won't get patched out :(

Few things starting to annoy me with this game, but half of that would be my fault for playing it a bit to much,
They tried to make this game sqaud focused but it feels anything but.
4 play sqaud i don't understand 5 was perfect .ive stopped playing conquest way to chaotic and no organization.
At least with breakthrough you can get half organized and work on a plan. I noticed on bfv there's no where near as many sqauds running around which is probably why the game feels all over the place

I was straight awful last night. The Suomi was a bad choice on the maps I was playing on, especially with my aim being off.

I was straight awful last night. The Suomi was a bad choice on the maps I was playing on, especially with my aim being off.
Same with me sometimes, Im not close to as consistent as i was in BF3/4/1. I struggle to hold back because im so used to playing older battlefields where you can play very aggressively and quite easily survive. It really plays into the players with a more stationary and passive style, Which for me is a bit of an annoyance.

I have done my best playing very cautiously and being paired with a good squad. Learning the maps will go a long ways towards helping me play better. I also need to settle with one gun per class until I get a better feel for things; though it does not help that I have basically unlocked nothing so far because I have only played for about four hours so far.

Peoples thoughts on the new TTK? Im torn. I thought i would really struggle, I ended up having my best performances in BFV yet. Its really nice to actually be able to take some damage and react. Also rewards going for headshots even more important now which i like. Reminds me of BF3/4.on the downside, Some weapons have been hit harder than others and may need rebalancing. Especcially in regards to effective range and damage drop off.

I played better last night. It started out rough, but I tried to slow down and play more deliberate. That ended up helping some. It also helped to find a squad that communicated and played together. I ended up friended two of the three people and meant to friend the third, but missed getting the username.

Skipping Battlefield 1 and not playing much FPS since Battlefield 4, I am having some trouble getting the ability to aim accurately back. It is very slowly coming back, but could not get here fast enough. I have tried to adjust to playing in a more support role playing a Medic often, but that puts me in a bigger disadvantage with the lacking SMGs.

I am mixed on the new TTK. It feels really bad at times; other times, it is not particularly noticeable. I already did not particularly like playing Recon and do not really play it very often, but with the change, the Recon semi-autos have become garbage. Medic is worse off than it already was. Assault and Support do not seem as impacted by the change.

Overall, I think it was too steep of a change. Most of my deaths were because of my poor positioning, lack of map knowledge, poor aim, and rubbish overall play. I needed some time to adjust to the game and after adjusting, I think I would have been fine.

Unrelated to BF: V, but I miss "modern warfare" games and wish they would bring them back. Like when BF put out BC2 and BF3 around the same times of MW2 and MW3. Good times.

I mean it's been cool the last couple years to have BF and COD both have throwback games. But a modern game would be really really awesome again. It's been five years since BF4 and Ghosts came out, the last modern war games.

PCs not good enough so I haven't ever tried Squad or Arma.

I played better last night. It started out rough, but I tried to slow down and play more deliberate. That ended up helping some. It also helped to find a squad that communicated and played together. I ended up friended two of the three people and meant to friend the third, but missed getting the username.

Skipping Battlefield 1 and not playing much FPS since Battlefield 4, I am having some trouble getting the ability to aim accurately back. It is very slowly coming back, but could not get here fast enough. I have tried to adjust to playing in a more support role playing a Medic often, but that puts me in a bigger disadvantage with the lacking SMGs.

I am mixed on the new TTK. It feels really bad at times; other times, it is not particularly noticeable. I already did not particularly like playing Recon and do not really play it very often, but with the change, the Recon semi-autos have become garbage. Medic is worse off than it already was. Assault and Support do not seem as impacted by the change.

Overall, I think it was too steep of a change. Most of my deaths were because of my poor positioning, lack of map knowledge, poor aim, and rubbish overall play. I needed some time to adjust to the game and after adjusting, I think I would have been fine.
If you play breakthrough and get in a good sqaud you'll have fun,

Ahhh that good old feeling when the game loads you into a round on Hamada....So you can immediately leave because of how awful it is...:yuck:

If you play breakthrough and get in a good sqaud you'll have fun,

I have only played Breakthrough as part of Grand Operations, but it is pretty awesome. My games today so far have been good to great. I played much more patiently and with less reckless abandon.

I have only played Breakthrough as part of Grand Operations, but it is pretty awesome. My games today so far have been good to great. I played much more patiently and with less reckless abandon.
I need more patience in a few things got to snap out of charging the objectives, they need to give more points for building and defending

Back