Beat Nic Hamilton in Latest Project CARS 2 Community Event

Little improvement for me today 1.19.6xx, I can not put together my top three areas, I tried to ask for information about Nicolas's challenge in the official forum, but no answer, sin was a nice idea.

Damn, you guys are fast! I just hit a 2:21.3. I'm pretty sure I can get a 2:20.x but a 19 is insane fast!

Update. Just hit a 2:20.883. Don't think I have much more. May try a bit more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hello
could someone share the Ps4/xbox rating please?

I am 1st on pc with 2.19.337 and I am curious to see the top, 18.9xx?
I have set a time on PC but also have the game on XBox. Current fastest time on XBox is 2:19.279. You would be second on the Xbox leaderboard. Great time, well done. Will spend some hours tonight chasing your ghost!

Do setups not work on this event? I see it says Fixed Setup. Loved the Clio in PC1 and this one seems to lose the backend at high speed for me.

Hello

First of all, congratulations on your time, great work, on PS4 the current record is 2.19.419.

In this event the setup is not fixed

Maybe I need to read up more on setups but the small adjustments I did to the car didn't make any difference. Increased front tyre pressure, decreased rear. Rear rebound reduced. Maybe I'm going about it wrong or just going into the fast corners too hot.

Maybe I need to read up more on setups but the small adjustments I did to the car didn't make any difference. Increased front tyre pressure, decreased rear. Rear rebound reduced. Maybe I'm going about it wrong or just going into the fast corners too hot.

Personally I really understand little about setup, I suggest you upload the first ghosts with their setup, try it on track and hear what's best for you, the function of using setup for me is really great.

Last edited:

I know little about this stuff too and I could be completely wrong. But if you're losing the rear on braking you should change the brake bias forward.

The one thing I do with setups is adjust the brake force until I'm not looking up under full brake at the fastest corner entry.

Hello

Do you have any tips for how to brake on what you consider the most important corner?

There are a lot of very wide corners. I'm always confused about whether to trail brake or brake before the corner or whatever.

Well that is me done - I can get a mid 2.20 potential, but just could not put the sectors together in one lap!! I am pretty sure with a bit more time and effort I could go faster with some more setup work, but doubt I would touch the top times....which reminds me....I really REALLY hate the Renault Clio...haha

Congrats to the top guys - supreme effort and driving.

Do you have any tips for how to brake on what you consider the most important corner?

There are a lot of very wide corners. I'm always confused about whether to trail brake or brake before the corner or whatever.
Brake (hard) relatively early, carry some speed and then modulate the happy tail with the gas. Let the limited slip differential do its magic.

Work from there and you’ll end up braking later and later. However, keep in mind that exit speed is key to achieve a good time. So, use the entry as a preparation for a good exit.

The Clio is one of the most rewarding cars to drive in game because it’s a true challenge. Also, is one of the best and most intense real life racing you can watch nowadays.

Event finished!
So, has anyone found out Nic's time yet?
No! I think our times are too good for him ;)

I got stuck at a 2:20 high....Yesterday did some extra laps and selected a ghost car of #5 (in stead of #1). 75% I was in front and then one last brake moment and lost my potential 2:20:4xx time :ouch:

This was a fun challenge even without Nic. I like the combi of hotlapping and this forum thread. Kind of the same we have with AssettoCorsa Weekly Challenges.

No! I think our times are too good for him ;)

I got stuck at a 2:20 high....Yesterday did some extra laps and selected a ghost car of #5 (in stead of #1). 75% I was in front and then one last brake moment and lost my potential 2:20:4xx time :ouch:

This was a fun challenge even without Nic. I like the combi of hotlapping and this forum thread. Kind of the same we have with AssettoCorsa Weekly Challenges.
I chased you for an hour or so last night and finally got the first sector correct so that I was slightly ahead of you but then messed up the last chicane, where I am normally quicker than and ended up just behind you!

Last edited:
Event finished!
So, has anyone found out Nic's time yet?

I did the question about the challenge with Nic 3 days ago on the official Project Cars website, no response, disappointment was totally ignored, even half a response could give it, however with or without Nic the test I liked, could answer that Nic did not do anything anymore, for me there would be no problem, but the important thing is to communicate, not to silence.

I ended up 9th. My very first top ten in a community time trial!

It would be 8th as I suspect Ultraboon posted two times with different accounts.

However I don’t feel accomplished as I believe top dogs are not posting times so the competition is a bit watered down.

I completely agree with @BrainsBush and this was an awesome event, in and outside the track. It reminded me to the best days of hot lapping in GT6 and the good banter here, in GTPlanet.

Shame about not having Nic’s time in the end...

I've asked some questions to 'others' about Nic's participation yes/no and his time. Who knows this will be continued?
If "you" are also reading this thread: thanks for answering :)

It is just our curiousity how we perform against the pro Nic. Are we miles in his shadow or are we quite competitive? Just fun to know.
Looking forward to the next challenge!

==

@PzR Slim : so it was you breathing in my neck.

Someone is asking in the official forums about Nic’s time and not getting a single answer...

I know I’m shouting to the void but... @The_American @GTsimms @IanBell : Do we know what happened with Nicolas Hamilton’s time?

It was a great incentive to have him in the mix. We feel a bit disappointed in the end, as apparently he didn’t showed up.

Nic seems like an awesome dude but isn't the alien that Lewis is. I'd expect top 10% level times from him but not the crazy times that the top guys are putting down
I dunno, given he has to race in a modified car due to his cerebral palsy, and is holding down a job in British Touring Cars, you could argue he is even more alien than his more famous half brother.

Not sure, but i think Nic is the first disabled driver to race in British Touring Cars? Impressive stuff either way.

Like I said, he seems like an awesome guy, and I give him mad props for overcoming his disability. That's seriously challenging and impressive stuff, especially with how he was talking about his need to relearn motor function and coordination with his legs to make it a possibility. I know if I had that condition, I wouldn't be able to do what he's doing. But with that said, the people who lay down the top few times on these challenges are ridiculously good and I don't expect him to be at that level. Call me a pessimist but until I see it I'm assuming his time will be in the top levels of "good" but not truly alien.

If his time was so fast, why wouldn't it have been posted? Maybe they don't want to discredit him as a handling consultant by publishing a time that many ordinary people beat? Maybe I'm totally wrong and he's too busy right now doing something awesome, following his brother for the last few F1 races, or out competing in real life. Hopefully so. I'd love to be wrong and I have nothing but respect for him but he's a backrunner in the Clio cup (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Renault_UK_Clio_Cup#Race_calendar_and_results), and results are results. I don't know how to say it more nicely, but disability or not, only the time round the track matters in the end. In this case, just a time on a leaderboard. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I read at several places that Nic was very busy with charity fundraising etc the past week. So a good excuse for him not to be able to set a time.
For this week we have a new challenge --> https://www.projectcarsgame.com/beat-the-pro.html?lang=en

ProMitchell already set a time and shared his setup. Would be nice if we all use the same setup and set your best time. Or is it more enjoyable if we also play around with the setup to set a better time? Then I will use someone's ghostcar+setup. I'm just a racer and not an engineer ;)

Enjoy!!

Great, much better than my pessimism! I'll delete my post
My initial thoughts who you can read in previous posts -with a sense of humour- were that our times are so good and Nick (who is a real pro) kept practicing and practicing but could not improve and therefor did not submit a time :lol:. With the knowledge we have now I think the one(s) who created and published this challenge only linked his name to that Clio Challenge to attract more racers. And that worked out well.

Nevertheless we now have a new challenge with already a time. Now I am going to practice to learn the track and the car. Yes these are my first excuses that my time is far far away from a 1:37:960. To be continued....

My initial thoughts who you can read in previous posts -with a sense of humour- were that our times are so good and Nick (who is a real pro) kept practicing and practicing but could not improve and therefor did not submit a time :lol:. With the knowledge we have now I think the one(s) who created and published this challenge only linked his name to that Clio Challenge to attract more racers. And that worked out well.

Nevertheless we now have a new challenge with already a time. Now I am going to practice to learn the track and the car. Yes these are my first excuses that my time is far far away from a 1:37:960. To be continued....
I wonder why Mitchell DeJong’s challenge doesn’t get more publicity. It appears to be hidden somewhere in the project cars website, not where you would expect thousands of us going to find it. I never visit the website, for instance.

For me these challenges are awesome, (especially when you get the actual pro time...) for me to try and beat it and because it blends the game with reality.

Shame that the vast majority of players will never find it.

Back