Beat Nic Hamilton in Latest Project CARS 2 Community Event

Stuck at a 2.29. But boy do I hate it when you make a mistake in the last sector and then the NEXT lap is also invalidated. It would be OK if it was the last corner or two.

I just arrived in my carreer in the Clio Cup. Totally different from the Ginetta Junior cup. I love how you really feel how different each car is and how PC2 depicts of being a racing driver.

Last edited:
Still remember the previous challenges with Nicolas setting the time. Who remembers the Mercedes 300sl time trial :dunce::crazy:. By the way who already tried this Gullwing in PCars2 around the classic tracks....Good luck and relax ;)

I will also try this Clio challenge

I've been doing some of the hot lap competitions and im really surprised at how rubbish i am compared to most other people, there i was thinking i was the next Nigel Mansell.
What doesn't help is that many of the fast peeps don't run the TT's because of forced setup sharing. So it's very easy to get into the top of the leaderboard in TT, thinking you're top dog, but in reality you're 2-3 seconds behind the fast racers. :D :lol:

You think it's easy to go into the top of the leaderboard in TT? Wow, respect.

I must say I can only put like 4 hours max in this hobby. That, and the AI is too much fun not to race to.

You think it's easy to go into the top of the leaderboard in TT? Wow, respect.
Depends on choice of car/track combo. Just pick one with very few times set and you'll be #1 in no time. ;)

Can someone explain how the challenge works, Hamilton still has to record his time or already has his time recorded? When can you know his time?

I have set a high 2:20, with some room for improvement. I like the Clio but I think it feels more comfortable in a smaller, twister track.

I wonder though what time will Nic be able to set...

Anything 2:19 is an awesome time. Great respect for those able to run such a good time. Will he be able to get into the 2:19s? Any bets?

I mean, you can be fast IRL but it doesn’t necessarily mean you will be alien fast in a video game, as you are receiving just a minor portion of the input you receive in a real car.

This was an awesome segment on Real Sports on Lewis, and also talks a lot about Nic. You all should watch it

Nic seems like an awesome dude but isn't the alien that Lewis is. I'd expect top 10% level times from him but not the crazy times that the top guys are putting down

Okay, I am really struggling with this event. Last night I did a 2.21.xxx - There was a bit more to get out of my driving but not much. So I try again today and I am a full 1.5s off my best from yesterday. I am very confused! I made some changes to the set up between laps and it is like the car doesn't take the set up and goes to a different one entirely!!

May be my imagination of course, but darn, the car just does not want to grip like it did last night - even when I load the same set up. Anyone else noticing this?

Okay, I am really struggling with this event. Last night I did a 2.21.xxx - There was a bit more to get out of my driving but not much. So I try again today and I am a full 1.5s off my best from yesterday. I am very confused! I made some changes to the set up between laps and it is like the car doesn't take the set up and goes to a different one entirely!!

May be my imagination of course, but darn, the car just does not want to grip like it did last night - even when I load the same set up. Anyone else noticing this?

I improved my PB today. No changes noticed from yesterday. It may be you’re not having a good day. Sometimes it happens

I tried my best today to improve my time with no success.

It seems that 2:20.280 is what I deserve! I had a better potential lap but I struggled through the fast corners. I was very inconsistent on those and only a few times managed to keep up the pace with the top guys.

Fingers crossed to finish the competition in the top 10...

Back