Beat Nic Hamilton in Latest Project CARS 2 Community Event

I wonder why Mitchell DeJong’s challenge doesn’t get more publicity. It appears to be hidden somewhere in the project cars website, not where you would expect thousands of us going to find it. I never visit the website, for instance.

For me these challenges are awesome, (especially when you get the actual pro time...) for me to try and beat it and because it blends the game with reality.

Shame that the vast majority of players will never find it.
? And I also thought/assumed it was an official Challenge available via the <community tab> in game. Now it seems to be time trial which is at the end the same intense experience. Never drove this Ligier Honda before (nor this track). This car in VR with all the tiny buttons: :bowdown:👍

1:40:460, still 3 seconds away from the 1st place :crazy:.

My wife started to complain that a sweaty smelly air came out the race room so I've to take a shower. I guess :embarrassed:. Work out done for today

? And I also thought/assumed it was an official Challenge available via the <community tab> in game. Now it seems to be time trial which is at the end the same intense experience. Never drove this Ligier Honda before (nor this track). This car in VR with all the tiny buttons: :bowdown:👍

1:40:460, still 3 seconds away from the 1st place :crazy:.

My wife started to complain that a sweaty smelly air came out the race room so I've to take a shower. I guess :embarrassed:. Work out done for today

I gave it a quick try and my world, that’s a fast time.

However, watching his replay it looks like it is not in time trial mode, as he’s running out of fuel and has a position penalty for cutting the track.

Maybe we need to run a private session and fiddle a bit with the track temperatures. I am using his setup and it’s quite unstable whilst his lap looks quite smooth. I know this may come from lack of practice...

I wish they have made this one available via community events...

I totally agree with everything that has been written, I will add that in the next challenge in time with a pro, community event, according to my own thought, the pilot should set a time from the beginning of the event, in order to be able to immediately understand the time to reach to be competitive with the pro challenger.

OT
I'm out of the games, for three days my G29 is dead, not a sign of life, I think the replacement procedure is rather long since Logitech after three days has not responded yet. : Censurato:

I totally agree with everything that has been written, I will add that in the next challenge in time with a pro, community event, according to my own thought, the pilot should set a time from the beginning of the event, in order to be able to immediately understand the time to reach to be competitive with the pro challenger.

OT
I'm out of the games, for three days my G29 is dead, not a sign of life, I think the replacement procedure is rather long since Logitech after three days has not responded yet. : Censurato:
Good luck with your G29 replacement. I do not know if this also goes for Logitech G29, but a couple of months ago my T300 was also dead. No power lights completely nothing. Then it appeared that the firmware had become corrupted. I had to start up and 'flash' the wheel via a special procedure and after that it worked again.

I just watched the video again. His TCS light is flashing in most corners. Mine’s always off. Does that mean he’s running some game aid?

I’ll give it another go tomorrow but I think I will get nowhere near his time. I am just too far behind and I can’t see myself improving that much with this combo, unless there is something like and aid helping him make the car more stable.

Good luck @P_O_L_66 with your wheel mate. Maybe a chance to improve your rig? ;)

Good luck with your G29 replacement. I do not know if this also goes for Logitech G29, but a couple of months ago my T300 was also dead. No power lights completely nothing. Then it appeared that the firmware had become corrupted. I had to start up and 'flash' the wheel via a special procedure and after that it worked again.

Thanks for the advice, I tried downloading the driver but when I insert the usb in the logitech panel appears the text (no detected device), in fact it seems that there is no current, the transformer light does not turn on :confused:

I just watched the video again. His TCS light is flashing in most corners. Mine’s always off. Does that mean he’s running some game aid?

I’ll give it another go tomorrow but I think I will get nowhere near his time. I am just too far behind and I can’t see myself improving that much with this combo, unless there is something like and aid helping him make the car more stable.

Good luck @P_O_L_66 with your wheel mate. Maybe a chance to improve your rig? ;)

Surely if the flashing light is running, the best challenge for me is the community event, there should be the same help for everyone.

Thank you for the fortune,now it's near the black friday and the cyber monday (should be the cheapest) I'm thinking of purchasing the Fanatec CLS PS4, or the Trusthmaster T300 alcantara edition (a bit scared for rumors heard for compatibility issues) or the Trusthmaster T300 GT edition that is compatible with no problem (but does not like the wheel much)

Last edited:
This morning I settled myself in the Playseat put my goggles on and drove numerous laps with the Ligier Honda. This time I turned TC on to low. Aaaah just 0,020 separated from a top 5 position. At a certain point after about 1,5 hour of hotlapping I started to boil and got frustrated. I assume you do not recognize that and it is just me :lol::scared:. Now that I'm also in the 1:39:3xx I start wondering how to scrape another 1,5 seconds of the best time.

But man what a joy! And now passive (watching) sport for me. This old grumpy dad needs some time to recover :crazy:

EDIT: Wasn't aware this Ligier Honda has Brembo brakes....;)

ss164920.jpg

Last edited:
Were you able to win something?

Like a car or at least a livery?
Or just time-event and too lazy to give the people something who beat the time... :boggled:

I'm posting my question here, because there's a lot of fast Clio drivers here, and a lot of recent hot laps. Did you guys notice that after the last patch, Clio is slower now? Or am I just having a bad day? So far I checked Brands Hatch Indy and Donnington GP, and I can't even get close to laptimes I was doing on sunday, no matter the setup. Can anyone check if they're still as fast as before?

Clio is definitely different, though I'm not sure it's necessarily slower. Need to do some more testing though and wipe my old setups, as pre-patch setups are now obsolete. It at least felt like the car is now less snappy (more grip), but a bit slower to compensate. But would need to do some more laps to be sure.

According to the patch notes they updated the tire model for Touring Cars. This might include the Clio.

Sadly I can’t test it myself as I am a PS4 peasant...

According to the patch notes they updated the tire model for Touring Cars. This might include the Clio.
I'm looking forward to checking out the difference then, because I think the touring cars have one of the weaker tire models in 2.0.

Significant physics (and setup) tweaks are an unfortunate disruption, but I welcome anything that may sort out the kinks in a handful of cars/tires that don't seem quite right. It shows promise that this simulator will only get better over the coming year. :)

I also drove some more laps with the Clio on Silverstone GP. Not even close to my previous time... Recently I changed from T300/T3PA to CSL Elite+LC brake maybe it needs some time to get used to my new setup or is it just because of the tire modelling, other setup(s)? I used the ghost & setup of Holtman place #1 in the time trial on PC. And my new time is 2,5 seconds (!!!) slower and thus also far away from my own time. 2:21 low and now 2:23 mid.

If needed I can still use my older wheel so have a better comparison but then I have to ask my son if I can borrow his - my previous - T300

Curious about your findings.

I also drove some more laps with the Clio on Silverstone GP. Not even close to my previous time... Recently I changed from T300/T3PA to CSL Elite+LC brake maybe it needs some time to get used to my new setup or is it just because of the tire modelling, other setup(s)? I used the ghost & setup of Holtman place #1 in the time trial on PC. And my new time is 2,5 seconds (!!!) slower and thus also far away from my own time. 2:21 low and now 2:23 mid.

If needed I can still use my older wheel so have a better comparison but then I have to ask my son if I can borrow his - my previous - T300

I’ll test it on PS4 v3.00 release :)

I tried some more tracks and for me Clio is about 1 second slower for every minute of laptime. Maybe someone will come up with a tuning that's going to make the car faster, but I doubt it. I think that Clio leaderboards should be either reset now, or there should be a new table v. 2 and the old one as just an archive

Leaderboards definitely need a reset for the Clio. The current ones make no sense anymore, nor do the ghosts and attached setups. Apart from the fact that it's slower, it needs to be driven differently now.

Either reset or no one is going to bother to drive TT with this car anymore.

Maybe Hamilton felt surprised by the fast times that people managed to achieve on the ‘beat Hamilton event’ and decided to water down grip levels.

I now really want to drive the car post patch, as I really like how it drives on v2.00 and I’m curious to see if v3.00 is better or not.

Maybe Hamilton felt surprised by the fast times that people managed to achieve on the ‘beat Hamilton event’ and decided to water down grip levels.
Grip levels are now higher. Car is less twitchy and less prone to snap-oversteer. Doug discussed this on the official forums before the event, so not related to this event.

You'll need to adapt driving style, since you can't use late brake/late-apex and use snap-oversteer to turn in the car as effectively as before. Hence why the old ghosts in TT are useless now.

Back