Beater or Sleeper- Car of the Week returns Dec. 29th (WE HAVE A WINNER!)

No,I meant this beautiful thing:
Chevrolet_Corvette_StingRay_Racer_Concept_59_73Front-640x360.jpg

My excuses if racecars arent allowed.

Also, it is "X"-Bow. Not "Crossbow". When that name is used, it gets on my nerves. I mean, "X" is also a sign used for kisses and you wouldn't call it the "Kissbow", would you. So the X-Bow, please.
An X is more commonly referred to as a cross than a kiss.
I call it the Crossbow because that actually makes sense. A crossbow is a real object. Also, we should see if KTM named it X-Bow, but calls it Crossbow.

I don't hear "x out" or "x product" or "railroad x-ing" as often as I hear "cross out", "cross product", and "railroad crossing". In all of those instances, an X is used to represent the word "cross".

Regardless, it's just a car name. So what if people say it in a way that flows off the tongue more easily to them? :)

As for my choice, I have to give a shout out to Daihatsu Storia X4.

Yay! Car Of The Week returns. I am so sad I actually have a list of potential cars from the last time....

Lets hope I can get enough cash to ensure I can buy the chosen one in time! Perhaps we shouldn't go for too expensive for the first one?

Potentials from my old list are;
Jensen Interceptor
Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 Turbo VR-4
Volvo 240GLT Estate
Alpine A110
Fiat 500F '68

Yay! Car Of The Week returns. I am so sad I actually have a list of potential cars from the last time....

Lets hope I can get enough cash to ensure I can buy the chosen one in time! Perhaps we shouldn't go for too expensive for the first one?

Potentials from my old list are;
Jensen Interceptor
Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 Turbo VR-4
Volvo 240GLT Estate
Alpine A110
Fiat 500F '68

Unfortunately, I believe the Interceptor is all gone. Very Upsetting. The rest of your list looks great though.

Nice to see the 'old faces' back! I can't wait to read (and hopefully write) the reviews. I think we discovered some real talent last time around!

Never realised the Interceptor was gone!

Let's hope Kaz was a fan of The Professionals and we can have a Capri or a Granada as a Lewis Collins tribute instead.

I also hope that COTW returning can bring some positivity here as there's an awful lot of whining about GT6 before most people have seen it. Personally, I can't wait for Friday.

Might I suggest as a first review, the Honda Jazz/Fit as it looks like everyone will have to drive it anyway?

Good idea, as loads of people will never use it again so it's a perfect COTW. Premium isn't it so we can get some nice pics at the new photomode locations?

"COTW" and "Very Serious SLS AMG Review of the Car of the Week N Stuff" where great reads. It was also a inspiration to drive cars that I normally wouldn´t drive. Happy that it is back. I might try to contribute this time ;)

What about BMW 330 or Audi Quattro?

We're starting on the 29th to allow people a few weeks to advance in the game, build up a garage, and acclimate to the new physics.

I'm very thankful and surprised to see so many of the original CotW regulars return, and for the eclectic list of cars that have been nominated. From Lemon to Lion, each car has it's place in the world, and we don't have to pay for the insurance or repair bills.

why don't we do a FULLY SLAMMED CAR (ala ricer) to look ridiculous and focus on how that excessive camber really effects a car's handling! Maybe people here will realise that it's pretty much useless to slam a car and appreciate the fine tuning in life ;)
I NOMINATE A FULLY SLAMMED HONDA CIVIC! (least ride height + most camber + hardest suspension settings)

why don't we do a FULLY SLAMMED CAR (ala ricer) to look ridiculous and focus on how that excessive camber really effects a car's handling! Maybe people here will realise that it's pretty much useless to slam a car and appreciate the fine tuning in life ;)
I NOMINATE A FULLY SLAMMED HONDA CIVIC! (least ride height + most camber + hardest suspension settings)

We focus on the car, what you do with it is up to you! Wanna make a point, as you've mentioned? Write it up, and bring data/experiences to the table. Car of the Week is the perfect opportunity to sample new things, challenge rivals, or even make philosophical statements. It's all encouraged. I've posted a link with my archives from GT5, but you're free to go in any direction. Wanna drift it? See ya sideways! Drag tunes? Tell us about your 6-second car!

If nothing else, the Car of the Week is about fun. If you aren't having fun, you're doing it wrong. :cheers:

Back