Beater or Sleeper? COTW Forza 7 Week:END The Ultimate Sleeper, The Holden Sandman! Thanks Everyone!!

No rush, The time trial closes on Tuesday at Midnight in the U.K and the new car is announced. :)

But on the subject of posting something..

ADC06FBE-9232-4899-9982-F3B8565F3E6D.jpeg

I’ve always had a soft spot for the Starion and it’s surprising to note its only in 2 of the Forza games, this and Forza 4. :odd:

Packing quite a big 4 cylinder engine at 2.6 litres and boosted by a turbocharger, it makes a rather modest 188hp, but safe to say it’s capable of making more that with some tweaks.

Of course if you do that, don’t be an idiot by not upgrading the cooling system unless you like overheating every 5 minutes. ( 5 Internet points to whoever gets what i’m referring to. :P)

Brakes could have a little more bite to them, but it’s a decent handler and because like last weeks Trans Am it has a limited slip differential, it can hold a slide when you decide to be less of a racecar driver and more of a hoonigan. :D

Overall, it’s good to have the Starion back.

Verdict: Sleeper 👍

03858E3E-A816-46E6-BC19-58740DAD12D2.png

That took a long time (poxy chicane) great time @Vic Reign93 as for Internet points that’s got to be Mr Clarkson watched it on Dave numerous times :lol:
The Starion is a great car (personal opinion) Verdict: Sleeper

View attachment 685375

That took a long time (poxy chicane) great time @Vic Reign93 as for Internet points that’s got to be Mr Clarkson watched it on Dave numerous times :lol:
The Starion is a great car (personal opinion) Verdict: Sleeper
As promised, you now own 5 internet points. :P

Unfortunately I had to take something back in the process...

16C3C671-C25A-498D-ADEB-00F912DF3F61.jpeg

:D

I’ll be back to announce this weeks car in a bit. ;)

great lap :bowdown: I had a .7 but not clean !

That’s unlucky, but here’s your runners up prize...

But first the overall standings. :)

1st Vic Reigns
2nd @FastBud
3rd @JR98

Congratulations @FastBud!!

As my sparring partner/arch rival, it’s only fair to at some point to give you the floor so you can decide what you want us to race. :P

And you decided on...

74DBD0A0-8874-41FE-9A4A-31CBA26F8D22.png

The 2012 Lotus Exige S!!!

Ah yes, when Lotus decided to switch over to V6’s for their hardcore top spec models.

Despite being a bigger and heavier engine, the power difference between the previous Exige S and this one is a lot more to help offset that.

But even then, it weighs just under 2600lbs in stock trim and the race weight reduction strips out nearly 900lbs so you can have a very light weight track fighter on your hands here. :eek:

The track for this week will be familiar to any Forza Veteran as we are heading to Maple Valley on the full layout in the dry.

Fast flowing with elevation changes makes this track easy to learn, but tricky to perfect.

Best of luck people. 👍

Quiet in here folks. :P

Let’s try and get some times on the board here.

4CC17C1D-7C53-4C1C-A542-1B79CC52989C.jpeg

As for the Exige, it likes to push wide when cornering so you’ll be jabbing at the brakes and gas to get it to rotate.

As for tuned, you can actually shed over 1000lbs of the car with the right parts and still meet the homologation for its division, heck I managed to get it under 1500lbs without the cage and forza aero. :eek:.

In stock form, It’s a Neutral verdict, good acceleration, but the understeer really hurts the true potential of the Exige.

The Exige... well... It needs a better driver than me. I can't seem to talk to it sweetly enough, so it likes to dance around and try to kill me rather often. My complete unfamiliarity with the track may not have helped, even though I spent a half an hour or so trying it out. I gave it my all, but this is all I can show for my work.
Forza Motorsport 7 (2).png

The Exige... well... It needs a better driver than me. I can't seem to talk to it sweetly enough, so it likes to dance around and try to kill me rather often. My complete unfamiliarity with the track may not have helped, even though I spent a half an hour or so trying it out. I gave it my all, but this is all I can show for my work.
View attachment 687876

Just over 4 seconds is not that bad in that context. 👍

Just a heads up to all regarding nexts week pick.

It’ll be a normal pick as always, but with the Samsung QLED car pack dropping for the regular game buyers tomorrow, i’ll also be picking a car from that pack as an optional Time Trial to participate in.

So you guys get 2 choices for the price of one. ;)

Next weeks will likely be of my choosing as well unless I can find someone to pick a car for us. :)

Well, here is the video for my first 15 laps. The time fastest time from the video, is a 1:43.177 (on the last lap)

Was a little rusty on those laps, as I have not being playing a lot of racing games recently; and I messed up in a few places. So while the video was uploading to youtube, I decided to run a few more laps to see if I could improve my time.
exige_2_by_ialyrnaeloria-dbt1frg.png

For the runs I did, I used my Thrustmaster T300RS-GT set to 900° of rotation, along with the T3pa pedal set (and conical brake) and TH8A shifter.

So a newcomer has joined us and has quickly made a fast impression, as noted by this weeks standings. :D

1st: @Ialyrn 1:42.190
2nd Vic Reigns 1:42.532
3rd @FastBud 1:43.000
4th @Ze Elephant 1:45.640

Now on to this week victi... I mean car. :P

Congratulations @Drex124!!!

You’ve been given this weeks pick on car and we both agreed on the track pick, but first the car...

A49A37D8-EC4B-45B3-87A7-6859346664D7.png

It’s the 1979 Opel Kadett C GT/E!!!

A sporty version of the Kadett which also doubled as a great base for a low budget rally build and is still being used today in european hillclimb events, albeit heavily modified.

As for the track, get your raincoats out for this one as we’re going to Virginia International Raceway’s Patriot Alt layout in the pouring rain. :D

So to ensure the tracks as wet for you as it’ll be for me to ensure fairness, follow this guideline.

• Pick the track in question
  • Set weather to Rain
  • Go to Advanced Rules and go to weather options.
  • Set Start race, Mid-Race and End race scenario to Moderate Rain, leave both probability numbers at 100%.
This will be our first wet weather Time Trial so slip around the corners and try not to slide off the track. :lol:

But hold on a second, I said yesterday we’d be doing a second car which is taken from the recent Samsung QLED Car Pack and this is for those who decided to get it.

Behind door number 2...

496AD85D-55B0-446D-B4D2-973C100D6494.png

Is The 2015 Honda Ridgeline Baja Trophy Truck!!!

We’ve gone with Honda’s entry for the Forza Trophy Trucks Division which packs a twin turbo’d V6 making 550hp, which is sent through a 6 speed gearbox to the rear tyres.

This Japanese Off-road Juggernaut will be tested around Prague’s Short Reverse circuit, soak up the bumps and let those turbos sing through the stunning city scenery. 👍

Best of luck to all. ;)

Forza Motorsport 7 (4).png

Wett Kadett

Okay, the Opel Kadett GT/E. My first impression is very positive for this car. Its relatively low 114 horsepower might put you off from picking one up, but wow is it a fun car to drive! Skinny tires, soft suspension, and a curb weight just a hair over 2000 lbs (900 kg) makes it a blast to toss around. With the track covered in water, the tiny 175 mm tires give way easily, so it's possible to slide the Kadett around the sharp corners of VIR's Patriot Alternate circuit.

Speaking of Patriot Alternate...

While the car made me smile and enjoy its simplicity, the track did not at times. This was mostly down to the difficulty of setting a clean lap because of two aprons that tempt you like the Sirens. "It's okay, you can come a little closer in here. You can save some time." It's all fine and dandy until you see that little grey triangle of defeat next to your lap time. In the words of my high school marching band: "One more time!" Only in this instance "one" is translated to "more than forty." Despite this issue, the track seems to be just right for the Kadett, and it really lets you feel like you're pushing the car to its limits... and past its limits several times!

On to the lap, now. I sunk a pretty good amount of time into it, and once better drivers knock a couple seconds off my time I'll probably sink some more time into it.
Forza Motorsport 7 (5).png

My fastest clean lap I've made. There are a few dirty ones that were in the 1:31 bracket, and I expect the fastest drivers to break into 1:30 or even sub-1:30 times.

For all of the time and effort I put into the car, and the number of times my frustration with just a little mistake invalidated my lap, the Kadett performed like a champ. Every moment of frustration was replaced with a moment of enjoyment when the little car did what it does best: make things fun.

My verdict? Sleeper.

90B271ED-1D85-4B7F-9B7B-166BE952D7F4.jpeg

Decided to give the Kadett a spin and for an E class car that isn’t a Mini, it’s got some character. :)

It’s got a 5 speed which also allows for quick shifting if you’re using manual with clutch, it’s got a basic rear differential which allows you to hold some slides in it, especially in the wet.

In summary, quite a beginner friendly car that still allows you to have some fun with it.

Verdict: Sleeper 👍

Don’t let my time dissuade you, use it as a benchmark to see how much you can improve. :P

Let’s keep these times rolling in. :cheers:

So with another week down, we’ve had some newcomers join the fray and get to work wringing these cars out.

I managed to knock this time out for the Ridgeline before the Time Trial ends.

0507AAEC-6747-42FF-B379-93C65E0C7AD6.jpeg

But in any case, here’s the results for the Kadett.

1st: @FastBud
2nd: Vic Reigns
3rd: @Ze Elephant
4th: @RazorSharkz

And for the Ridgeline..

1st: Vic Reigns
2nd: @RazorSharkz

Now on to this weeks winner..

Congratulations @RazorSharkz!!

What do you have in store in for us this week??

It’s..

B44D3D79-C838-4A6E-AAB1-5F60968B9535.png

The 1990 Mercury #15 Whistler Radar Cougar XR-7!!

The IMSA GTO class Mercury Cougar was outfitted with a potent 675hp V8 (With a Turbo V6 on hand for the technical tracks.) which allowed it to win the 1990 IMSA GTO Class Championship and also the Daytona 24hr race in its class too.

Today we’re going to be repeating history because this weeks track is the full layout at Daytona.

And here’s the kicker, to sorta replicate the endurance race, we’ll be running it at Night for this one. ;)

Have fun folks. 👍

I have always loved the looks of this car and love driving Daytona as well. Do you always pick the slowest drivers as the winners?

I have always loved the looks of this car and love driving Daytona as well. Do you always pick the slowest drivers as the winners?

Nope, It’s mostly random chance, albeit sometimes a good line from a review can influence the decision.

Take my GT6 Review in the original COTW thread of the Caterham Fireblade, I said in that review that first gear in that car was longer than most marriages. :D

Because it was both humorous and possibly true (maybe:P), I got the pick for the week after that car. :)

But for the most part it’s random. 👍

Sorry for the late post, but here is the time for everyone to start chasing down. ;)

81E43527-3A38-4AD9-B5CD-2EE577DE99B0.jpeg

Make no mistake, this Cougar still has some bite to it and it’s got 675 reasons as to why. :D

Go get’em tigers. :sly:

Back