Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

I never make the mistake of underestimating women drivers... Many moons ago (or so it seems like) there was one lass that was so confident about her skills in her 427 Vette she had a vanity plate cover stating:

"If you can beat me, you can Eat me!"

:lol: :bowdown:

She was a goddess with 4 wheels!

Cheers

I guess you could say that she had as much muscle as her car, my esteemed friend. :sly: :lol: A rather bold personality, but I bet that Miss Mouton had that in spades as well...

Also, according to @SuzukaStar , the Mitsu Galant is faster than the Quattro, huh? Interesting... It just goes to show you how well Japan refined the 4WD concept, and how did they take advantage of it. All thanks to the influence brought by Audi, of course. 👍

Last edited:
The Galant has 17 more hp and 4 more ft-lbs of torque, yet weighs 40 kg more. Funny that the Galant tied the Audi with the same 120 mph top speed on the straight.

Guess that the extra weight doesn't really dull the might of the early version of the Galant's LanEvo-esque engine. It's a well-balanced car, that Galant... It is also ironic that the two cars share the same top speed on the track's straight, quite surprising.

Also, 100th thread page get! Congratulations to all the people who live to make COTW a better place. :)👍 :gtplanet:

That article was really well done. Only the select few even know who John Buffum is and what he has accomplished, even in racing circles. I remember spending a weekend watching him and his team back when he ran the Hyundai team in Rally America. He was so humble and I didnt know anything about his career until years later. A true gentleman and one of the greatest American rally drivers ever.

i love this car! the only downside is that you have a 60:40 weight balance... but at 900kg, might as well add some to the rear & keep it around stock weight 1000ish kg. the good thing with the heavy nose is that you can really work your front tires for your advantage when tuned right to have extra steering response and stable brake bias. i get mine toppeda round 179 @ on the nürburgring before you brake.
The bad part is the launching or acceleration in mid gear. It has a very little low end rpm torque ...and i think a combo of the turbo lag makes it struggle until like 4000 rpm then its all wheel spin until you get in 2nd gear. it takes a while to tune the 5 speed gearing and perhaps low or mid rpm turbo will be better. because 5 speeds are wider gears and you want some accell but not wheelspin. so i made my first gear go pretty much to top 55mph @8k w/high rpm turbo. i recommend medium it will be just 5pp less because 500pp is pretty much maxed.
1st gear ratio is shorter now with little manageable wheelspin. i love this car because it's not too popular, and it looks so boxy, has an ugly, distinctive square eighties body style, and RWD. which i like. and this 4 door Lancer was rallying early 80s in WRC.
one tip for racing this car is to shift right before the rev limiter which is 1000 rpm above red line on the taco meter. i thought it was sluggish until i figured out you still have an extra 1k rpm. that makes it so you shift up a gear and you start better for next gear acceleration. @500pp RS at nürburgring 24hrs i can average 8:35 when Racing... little faster when i do a hot lap. i love beating people without any ABS in interesting sleepers. BUT TOO MUCH SMOKE WHEN I BRAKE perfectly AT FIRST THE TURN w/ my Front tyres locked @ Nürburgring 24hrs track... no one can see their braking point behind me. I usually always end up either in 1st place or 3rd no matter what position i start at. It's my Smoke screen defense! lmao its too funny sometimes. I really wish people know how to take the 1st Turn properly... they have lots of easy braking markers on the Nürburgring.

Last edited:
The 6-2 brake bias is perfect for me without ABS, or aids. It brakes good because of the light weight, and heavy nose so you can add more brake force. i used to run 7-2 but 6-2 is perfect for a maximum 65% to 75% brake pedal travel, before the tyres lock up after the 75% braking grip threshold

Last edited:
it took me forever to find the perfect rims then I finally decided just to paint those NASCAR rims white and it actually looks good in turquoise
XtcCVyd.jpg

What an Awesome car this week!
And i'll just leave this...

It's hard to find some video of the Road car, let alone finding engine sounds video so I instead took the Group B one instead.

Also should we use the rally and pikes peak along with the road one?

The Group B Quattro (The Sport Quattro, NOT to be confused the evolution model known as the S1. Though both use the same chassis and share the identical wheelbase, the S1 has more power and more aero attachments.) has a shorter wheelbase than the standard quattro. The road-going Quattro that appears in this game is the homologation model for the Group 4 car which has a longer wheelbase and less power than either group B model.

I personally did a Rally-build of the '82 quattro, and I must admit, it certainly lived up to its reputation from its heyday! I use the International B event Dirt Trials 1 (Toscana) as a proving ground for my rally builds. This will allow me to asses the car's viability against full-blown racers. My quattro consistently finished in the top three, even having close battles with the actual Group B rally quattro S1.

Typically what I think everytime I know I'm gonna drive this one.

Though, in stock form, the PP rating hurts it, it's still an amusing car, which fits between some more powerful classic sports cars (Alfas, Lotus, Triumph, etc.) and some little hot hatches. But get it fully tuned, and this becomes a nuclear ball full of atomic fun.

Also, this pretty much fits the theme in a way since a Mini Marcos took part in the 24h of Le Mans, with an impressive recorded speed of 146 mph on the straight. Its racing pedigree is not limited to that however, the car set several british speed records, and is still getting victories nowadays in historic races lower classes.

Also, the Mini Marcos, as it is retaining the Mini mechanical fundations, can sport the same kind of engine swaps popular in classic Minis, such as Honda D16 or B16, bike engines, or pretty much anything you can think of if you're not affraid and ready to do some GRP bodywork.

I know this reply is rather late, but do you know the specs of the Le Mans version of the Marcos?

100 pages! Long live COTW!

Thanks, though I expect that there will be a LOT more than 200 around this time next year. We seem to be growing every week, and not all of it is here on GTPlanet. I don't deserve all of the credit, however. It's you guys that fan the flames.

And on that note, I think now would be a good time to mention this week's "Hey, we should twitch this *itch!" poll - https://plus.google.com/+McclarendesignBlogspotGTReviews/posts/4S7XpqzrFih - Intel beat out the AMD, now what?

Also, my first collaboration with another YouTuber, featuring a few of our previous Car of the Week races!

I also need to get a few more races in with cars that I don't have videos of, or those that I only have a few of. Anyone want to join me on Friday night?

'95 Suzuki Cappuccino
'13 Bugatti Veyron
'09 Fiat 500 Abarth
'95 Mitsubishi Eclipse (when my first PS3 died)
'08 Audi RS6
'70 Plymouth Superbird
'89 Mitsubishi Gallant
Sauber Mercedes C9
'08 Dodge Challenger SRT8

I also need to get a few more races in with cars that I don't have videos of, or those that I only have a few of. Anyone want to join me on Friday night?

'95 Suzuki Cappuccino
'13 Bugatti Veyron
'09 Fiat 500 Abarth
'08 Audi RS6
'70 Plymouth Superbird
'89 Mitsubishi Gallant
Sauber Mercedes C9

I take it that these Friday specials will be held at the same time as the usual Wednesday races, correct? I would like to join them if possible, but if the answer to my question will be "yes", then my chances are slim...

Thanks, though I expect that there will be a LOT more than 200 around this time next year. We seem to be growing every week, and not all of it is here on GTPlanet. I don't deserve all of the credit, however. It's you guys that fan the flames.

And on that note, I think now would be a good time to mention this week's "Hey, we should twitch this *itch!" poll - https://plus.google.com/+McclarendesignBlogspotGTReviews/posts/4S7XpqzrFih - Intel beat out the AMD, now what?

Also, my first collaboration with another YouTuber, featuring a few of our previous Car of the Week races!

'95 Suzuki Cappuccino
'13 Bugatti Veyron
'09 Fiat 500 Abarth
'08 Audi RS6
'70 Plymouth Superbird
'89 Mitsubishi Gallant
Sauber Mercedes C9

Hopefully someone will wake me up at 5:30 AM since alarms doesn't really wake me up....:P

I take it that these Friday specials will be held at the same time as the usual Wednesday races, correct? I would like to join them if possible, but if the answer to my question will be "yes", then my chances are slim...

When would b good for you? I usually play around 10p CST because my family is usually asleep, or will be soon. Less distractions that way.

'95 Suzuki Cappuccino
'13 Bugatti Veyron
'09 Fiat 500 Abarth
'08 Audi RS6
'70 Plymouth Superbird
'89 Mitsubishi Gallant
Sauber Mercedes C9

You know I'll be there unless you say no, don't show up... :lol:. I keep all the cars whether or not I like them so they are always available.

Cheers

When would b good for you? I usually play around 10p CST because my family is usually asleep, or will be soon. Less distractions that way.

Well, here's the problem; for me, a good time period would be between 8:30 PM to around 1:30 AM at best (this being local, GMT time, not EDT). Thing is, that's nowhere near your ideal time, which in turn translates to 3:00... AM. And sadly, I am simply not able to get to the PS3 at such a late time, because then my own parents would be rather displeased with their son playing PS3 at three in the mornin' (as they are the ones asleep at that time, don't you know. My mother in particular does not like being woken up by me, even at 1:30 AM, much less 3:00).

So, in short, I dunno if there can be an "ideal time" for both you and me regarding this. I guess living in opposite sides of the Atlantic Ocean does that to you...

Arranged meeting I see. I should have read few pages back. Sorry for the stupid question.

Anyway, can I request @McClarenDesign ? Its about Honda Fit, 2 versions presumably.

Or the City Turbo II, the best looking city car ive ever seen.

Arranged meeting I see. I should have read few pages back. Sorry for the stupid question.

Anyway, can I request @McClarenDesign ? Its about Honda Fit, 2 versions presumably.

Or the City Turbo II, the best looking city car ive ever seen.

See the OP for how and when cars are selected.

Well, here's the problem; for me, a good time period would be between 8:30 PM to around 1:30 AM at best (this being local, GMT time, not EDT). Thing is, that's nowhere near your ideal time, which in turn translates to 3:00... AM. And sadly, I am simply not able to get to the PS3 at such a late time, because then my own parents would be rather displeased with their son playing PS3 at three in the mornin' (as they are the ones asleep at that time, don't you know. My mother in particular does not like being woken up by me, even at 1:30 AM, much less 3:00).

So, in short, I dunno if there can be an "ideal time" for both you and me regarding this. I guess living in opposite sides of the Atlantic Ocean does that to you...
What does your ideal time translate to here?

See the OP for how and when cars are selected.

What does your ideal time translate to here?
If im going to follow Nikus clock which is in GMT, that means I can play at around either 6AM-8AM and 3PM-9PM.

Pick one. Yes im kinda a night owl. Afternoon is either very busy or if not im gone sleeping.

Did it finish? Or did even it start?

I just waken up....

We got some races in, then I lost my internets for a bit. Temporary service outage.

If im going to follow Nikus clock which is in GMT, that means I can play at around either 6AM-8AM and 3PM-9PM.

Pick one. Yes im kinda a night owl. Afternoon is either very busy or if not im gone sleeping.

I'll do the best I can.

We got some races in, then I lost my internets for a bit. Temporary service outage.

We were wondering what happened after the Daytona Road Circuit and why you suddenly quite. It was a fun night racing some of the old COTW cars. Hopefully in the next few days you finish the rest of the list.

Back