Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

uNyNXoa.jpg

Good news guys! my friend allowed me to borrow his PS3 Slim since he doesn't play on it much anymore which means i could play games like GT6 with no problem. Also this PS3 Slim has GT6 inside the console but the problem is that my GT6 disc is European Region while my friend's Digital GT6 is North American Region so i couldn't use my save file on his game. Another problem is that i need to update to the latest version of the game which will take some time to do.

Ether way, can't wait to play GT6 once again!

Is it better now?

It is, thanks for listening to my request. Just be sure to keep that in mind when posting new pictures, because their size does matter as they can make page loading much slower.

That one is beyond me.

If I had to imagine, maybe it's some sort of strange disconnection-preventing measure. But much like you, I am at a loss regarding that decision...

You called? :D

I settled with an iphone for recording it. :P

But driving it forwards is impossible as it just rotates the car into the nearest wall, 4WD will go forwards no problem as will FF cars, but rear drive cars?

You're better off going backwards. :lol:

So much LOL! I still can't quite get the glitch to work properly. Is the e-brake a crucial part of initiating the glitch? Anyway, since I couldn't make it tonight I threw down a couple TT times. SRF is a must for me in this beast to keep up with the best of you. Hope tonight's races were a night to remember. I'm sure the Streamliner will be up for some sort of award nomination.

So much LOL! I still can't quite get the glitch to work properly. Is the e-brake a crucial part of initiating the glitch? Anyway, since I couldn't make it tonight I threw down a couple TT times. SRF is a must for me in this beast to keep up with the best of you. Hope tonight's races were a night to remember. I'm sure the Streamliner will be up for some sort of award nomination.

It's quite unpredictable and I didn't get that run on my first take either. :)

I noticed with the 4WD cars you have engage the E-brake so it's not in gear and then hit the throttle, short gearing helps too.

But like I said, it's unpredictable characteristics make it hard to gauge what to do.

Edit: I expect my name to be thrown around here in a not so great light because I picked this car and let's just say my name might be stricken from a few Christmas card lists because of that. :D

Probably not from Baron though as he was laughing his backside off watching the Twitch stream. :lol:

Last edited:
View attachment 526474
Good news guys! my friend allowed me to borrow his PS3 Slim since he doesn't play on it much anymore which means i could play games like GT6 with no problem. Also this PS3 Slim has GT6 inside the console but the problem is that my GT6 disc is European Region while my friend's Digital GT6 is North American Region so i couldn't use my save file on his game. Another problem is that i need to update to the latest version of the game which will take some time to do.

Ether way, can't wait to play GT6 once again!
So far i have downloaded all the updates and installed them.
I have linked my account to the slim ps3.
Downloaded my gt6 save from ps+ hoping for getting it to work.

It actually worked! :eek:👍

Also as a bonus, i received 100K for redeeming a code from the 2015 GT Academy US livestream that includes jordan in it. :D It didn't work before because i had the PAL version.

Was well worth the price of the popcorn to watch the fusterkluc from the safe distance of Twitch. I have sent letters to all the families of those who died horrible fiery deaths multiple times. :lol:

Saturday I'll be bringing cases of Shake & Bake to ensure those who are cooking in those fiery crashes don't stink up the place. I believe that will count as a public service, so no thank you's are required. :mischievous:

Just remember those wheel panels were there to prevent the wheels from turning as it was meant to be an aerodynamic enhancement way back when... that's why people are doing 20-30 point turns to get back going straight.

Got to give the car credit though... it's still way faster than 99% of the cars of today even with almost 80 years of technological advancements. :bowdown:

Cheers

Drive too slow and the Understeer will torture you, drive too fast and the Oversteer will kill you! - This car in a nut shell. Even if you're a really fast car that's older than most cars in Gran Turismo 6, you still a "beater" to me.

The surprising thing is that i'm currently 3rd at the time trial with 2:22:577 being the best lap and Vic as always being the first...

Drive too slow and the Understeer will torture you, drive too fast and the Oversteer will kill you! - This car in a nut shell. Even if you're a really fast car that's older than most cars in Gran Turismo 6, you still a "beater" to me.

The surprising thing is that i'm currently 3rd at the time trial with 2:22:577 being the best lap and Vic as always being the first...

I'm right ahead of you with a 2:16 something. I figure neither of our times will last when the Baron and Sir Hamilton give it a go. 610pp is a bit much for it though, when I turned it down to 550pp for career mode races its actually nice, unless you spin. I don't really hate this car, in fact I like it better than that tire roasting Gillette Vertigo.

And here I am sitting with a time slip saying 2:09.4. :D

Small bragging aside, I do have an announcement to make.

Earlier today, my good buddy Don Joewon Song on Xbox got in touch with me and a few of the Apex Racing guys ( Don's Forza Horizion 2 club) and dropped quite the bombshell.

He along with a few Forza Youtubers are going to the FIA Formula E ESL event in London this Saturday. :eek:

Basically it's a few Real life Formula E race drivers against some the Forza community's standout drivers.

The two Formula E drivers taking part are Sam Bird and Jerome D'Ambrosio.

Where do I come in? it'll be a 4 track event and Don can bring in a teammate who isn't there in person for each race and I accepted the offer to team up with Don for the race at Long Beach East circuit. :D

ESL Gaming is mostly known with Call of Duty tournaments so this'll be different.

And if you need a refresher on who my Long Beach teammate Don is, here's his most recent video that went very viral on Facebook. :sly:

The Event will be going on at around 12am GMT time ( so midday for me ) and I'll give an update if I'm told there's ways of watching the event live and Legally. :P

Use the force. The skid recovery sort of force.
51159f9a79a52.png

Edit: My PS3 is weird. Every time I try to join a Route X room, it kicks everyone else out and makes me the host after 45 seconds of loading.

Edit edit: My boot-up files were corrupted. I'm restoring now as well as rebuilding my database.

Last edited:
51159f9a79a52.png

Edit: My PS3 is weird. Every time I try to join a Route X room, it kicks everyone else out and makes me the host after 45 seconds of loading.

Edit edit: My boot-up files were corrupted. I'm restoring now as well as rebuilding my database.
I solved it! Rebuilding my database and fixing the boot files stopped my loading problems. Turns out my hard drive was fragged beyond belief.

How do you defrag a PS3???

Cheers
It's a bit complex, but here:

1. With your PS3 off, hold down the power button so it turns on and off again.
  2. Hold the power button down again. You will hear two single beeps and a double beep. Let go of the power button after the double beep.
  3. In the menu that comes up, choose Rebuild Database. It takes time but it sorts the files and cleans up stray folders.
  4. Repeat once every two months.

You have to do something like this tutorial. Take off the HDD cover and remove the hard drive, put a dipstick in and check the oil. If it's empty, grab a funnel and pour a gallon of new oil in.

I didn't have any car oil at the time so used vegetable oil instead, worked great, my PS3 became 30% faster afterwards and runs nice and smooth.

But PS3s don't like vegetable oil.

Back