Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

You have to give this car the most extremely messed up, oversteering setup just to get it to turn somewhat like a regular car. Goes like stink on the straights though.

Knowing how sadistic @McClarenDesign is, no doubt he will be providing us with a cruel selection of tight and twisty circuits for CoTW.
Or SSR7. that one won't end well.

Edit: Screw you, Vic.

Last edited:
You have to give this car the most extremely messed up, oversteering setup just to get it to turn somewhat like a regular car. Goes like stink on the straights though.

Knowing how sadistic @McClarenDesign is, no doubt he will be providing us with a cruel selection of tight and twisty circuits for CoTW.
Enduro at Sierra? GREAT IDEA!

You just had to say it didn't you Lewis? :P

His choices of track and my choice of car, not a healthly combination for the faint hearted. :mischievous::lol:

Welcome to "Automotive Intervention", where Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Bad Cars.

Now you might have heard the peer pressure surrounding other reviewers of the Chrysler POS Cruiser, suggesting "Oh it's not that bad of a car" and "It's numb handling, overtaxed engine, and faux 30's hot rod retro styling really combine to make it a winner."

Before you fall victim to all the praise for the worst vehicle Chrysler inflicted on the world since the minivan, take a few steps back and consider a more than reasonable alternative. In this case, it's the '01 Volkwagen Golf. It's extremely similiar to the VD Cruiser with its front wheel drivetrain and practical five-door hatchback layout. But it not only offers amenities such as "a premium interior" and "actual build quality", but you can own a Golf without ever being ashamed or embarrassed by the fact. Something that can't be said for former PT Loser Club members who'd rather you discover their hidden cache of old Spice Girls CD's than find out that they ever owned that hopeless, pathetic Beater of a car.

Enduro at Sierra? GREAT IDEA!

Lay off the moonshine partner, that alcohol is making you talk funny. Either that or the time machine has broken down and got you stuck in the 1930s, where moustaches were bigger and the gentleman bits were made of sturdier stuff (possibly stainless steel or copper, can't tell which one)... Taking the Auto Union to Sierra is bound to be game-breaking, mainly because it will lead to destroyed DS3 controllers and/or steering wheels.

I will gladly refuse to do that because my bravery does not go that far compared to people like Fangio, but it will make for a good spectator sport...

It might be bad, but it's not THAT bad. It does pretty good against the touring cars.

Gran%20Turismo%203-14%20001_zps1b2ln3ds.jpg

Lay off the moonshine partner, that alcohol is making you talk funny. Either that or the time machine has broken down and got you stuck in the 1930s, where moustaches were bigger and the gentleman bits were made of sturdier stuff (possibly stainless steel or copper, can't tell which one)... Taking the Auto Union to Sierra is bound to be game-breaking, mainly because it will lead to destroyed DS3 controllers and/or steering wheels.

I will gladly refuse to do that because my bravery does not go that far compared to people like Fangio, but it will make for a good spectator sport...
Actually, I think it did something to my wheel. When I was doing the TT, I started spinning and went from full lock left to full lock right, and the wheel made a popping noise.

Actually, I think it did something to my wheel. When I was doing the TT, I started spinning and went from full lock left to full lock right, and the wheel made a popping noise.

So it either broke your steering wheel, or it was the last straw after all the PT Cruiser racing... See? The Auto Union is cursed, and will become the bane of our existence, as well as our wallets! :crazy:

Well it's nice to see everyone getting aquatinted with the Streamliner. :D

As the only Pre WW2 car in GT6, it has some exclusivity compared to other cars.

It's has less steering lock than any other car due to its design of minimising aerodynamic drag not leaving much room for the front wheels to turn ( and you also don't want to be sawing at the wheel going 250+mph now do you?).

I've done some digging into the history of the Germans speed record attempts and came across a few things,

1: Whilst it's widely believed that a strong gust of wind caused the crash, It's been theorised that the tragic final run for the Type C Streamliner may have been caused by something that wouldn't be discovered until Colin Chapman did in 1978, Ground effects.

When they did the final run, they added extra bodywork to improve the aerodynamics, but may have unwittingly created a ground effects car which at the speeds the car was travelling, put too much stress on the chassis and suspension which caused it to fail, triggering the crash.

Here's the article in question, granted its from 13 years ago, but it's something. :)
http://www.kolumbus.fi/leif.snellman/zana.htm

2: Mercedes which held the Land speed record on a public road at the time (and still does at 268 mph) had plans to go faster, MUCH faster.

This was the car that was gonna do it, The T80.

image.png

Under the body was a Damler Benz V12, 44.5 liters of displacement, supercharged with direct fuel injection(!) making an Veryon embarrassing 3000hp. :eek::eek:

The fuel that powered this monster was a mixture of the following,

63% Methyl Alcohol, 16% Benzene, 12% ethanol, 4.4% acetone, 2.2% nitrobenzene, 2% Avgas and 0.4% ether with methanol-water injection for charge cooling and boost pressure.

Projected top speed? 750km/h (466mph) :bowdown:

Sadly WW2 broke out around this time so the car never got the chance to go for it.

And here's what the car looks like without its low drag body on.:P

image.png

Yep, it was glorious. :drool::drool:

And to think that all this was fruit of sheer arrogance and "family feuds" between manufacturers that were once funded by the Nazi empire... Let's not forget that such was the norm before and during WW2; Germany wanted to flaunt their sheer industrial power in the face of their enemies, and what better way to do such in the automotive world than beating the world speed record? Sadly, the power wars had a very unfortunate ending, as Vic has showcased, with Rosemeyer dying after crashing the reworked Streamline... There are very high prices that can be paid for sheer speed, but none are higher than a human life.

But putting all this aside, it is simply amazing that Mercedes stil wanted more with that demonic T80, despite the fact that Rosemeyer's fatal crash prevented Auto Union from stealing Merc's thunderous speed record. I was reading a similar article about the entire "1940 German Speed Battle", but I had to turn off my laptop before getting to the T80... And as it turns out, I missed an terrifying chapter in automotive history. If the AU is vicious, I cannot even begin to fathom what would happen if we were landed a drive in the T80! :crazy:

It may not be sleeper, but it does drive quite quick, the steering is limited in range ( angle ) but looking at the cockpit while driving, it's a bit easier to see how far the steering goes, and never need that much for tracks like Apricot, Bathurst and Midfield :D

Here is a tune made by me, it was build for CS tire, but should be fine even on RH, maybe :P

Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline 1937
( EXPERT LEVEL CAR )

Tuned to replicate Audi Auto Union Type C
Comfort Soft

CAR : Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs Base Stock Torque
Horsepower: 512 HP at 5000 RPM
Torque: 553.3 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1000 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 47 / 53
Performance Points: 603

Specs Real Torque ( Closest Possible )
Horsepower: 513 HP at 4400 RPM
Torque: 615.4 ft-lb at 4300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 92.9%
Weight: 1000 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 47 / 53
Performance Points: 607

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT Installed in this build ) - OPTIONAL
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Stock

Tuning Parts Installed :
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit - OPTIONAL - Installed for real car torque specs.
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - Front Trailing Arm/Torsion Bar, Rear Swing Axle/Torsion Bar with Friction Damper
Base for Real Torque

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 100 100
Spring Rate: 7.14 8.93
Dampers (Compression): 3 2
Dampers (Extension): 1 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 1
Camber Angle: 0.0 0.0
Toe Angle: 0.30 0.00

Alternative Suspension ( Tested on Stock Torque )

Ride Height: 100 100
Spring Rate: 7.14 8.93
Dampers (Compression): 3 2
Dampers (Extension): 1 1
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 1
Camber Angle: 0.0 0.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.00

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION

Install all power parts
Set Default
Use Default Ratio
1st 4.085
2nd 2.556
3rd 1.773
4th 1.306
5th 1.022
Set Final 2.500 ( Use Default for most tracks, for top speed use 2.000 Final )

LSD ZF Plate Type
Initial Torque : 60
Acceleration Sensitivity: 36
Braking Sensitivity: 15

AERO - Base Minimum Aero
Front = 150 (MIN)
Rear = 210 (MIN)

Brake Balance:
2/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
Unique driving experience, capable of 1:16s lap at Midfield and 2:19s at Bathurst on real torque specs :P Feel what it's like to be on the door to heaven/hell throughout the lap :D Set to give as close as possible of what the real car is famous for.

Also tested at Apricot Hill, Brands Hatch and London, drives well. Hope you guys survived driving the car :P

Replay file have bee added for 3 tracks, Bathurst 2:19s, Apricot Hill 1:30s, and Midfield 1:16s all on real torque specs (turbo kit fitted ) and CS tires. Use them as ghost or just for enjoyment :)

I think @Lewis_Hamilton_ would beat those test lap times easily :P Bathurst 2:19s, Midfield 1:16s on CS with real torque specs ( turbo kit )

Back